No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving to all. Stay safe and healthy.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving!
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Happy Thanksgiving!
        And the same to you and all readers!

Comment

• Happy thanksgiving to everyone here!

Comment

• In honor of Magdalena Erbenova, today is 27 November 2020. There are 309 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 28 November 2020. There are 308 days (44 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 29 November 2020. In honor of Nyah Philip, there are 307 days until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-30-2020, 12:06 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Is her name Nayh or, as the RPI Athletics website has it, Nyah?

Johnny Cash used to sing about a boy named Sue, but I never heard about a girl (or a boy, for that matter) named Nyah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    Is her name Nayh or, as the RPI Athletics website has it, Nyah?

Johnny Cash used to sing about a boy named Sue, but I never heard about a girl (or a boy, for that matter) named Nyah.
                    Nay! ;-)

I fixed it.

Never heard of it either. It looks like it reached its peak around the year that she was probably born, and is dying off again. https://www.mamanatural.com/baby-names/girls/nyah/
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-30-2020, 12:12 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 30 November 2020. There are 306 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

So much will depend on what pandemic statistics look like down the road. Probably not the best place to put this but I am just not sure that all this hop-e about the vaccines will be reflected in any way in the over all picture (numbers) for some time, perhaps more than a year. Given that the vaccines are not a treatment for current infection and will not immediately be expected to stop any spread, and add to that the fact that perhaps as many as 50% or more of people will simply not take any of them. the number of new cases and deaths just might not decrease much for some time. If that is the case, I wonder what the powers that be (politicians, school president,s, ECAC, etc) will do then. Will they continue to use the stats as they do now or will they begin to ignore them, or will they use some other metric to bolster whatever decisions they make??
                        BTW if the number of new cases and number of new deaths reported falls precipitously, then something else has to be going on. So it is near impossible to predict that we will have anything resembling a return to normal in NCAA hockey even that far out.
                        Hey Doc - with respect to the long term outlook.. I wonder if you think I'm oversimplifying with the following statement: It doesn't matter what the vaccine participation rate is with respect to opening things up. What matters is whether it is effective (and early data says 90-95%) and whether it is available as an option to the high risk population. If the first statement remains true, then once all the high risk folks have been given the option of treatment, shouldn't we just revert to typical flu protocol? I realize that there is a small portion of immunodeficient people that cannot take the vaccine and that we'd love herd immunity to protect them but... you can't shut down the world for 2% of the population. On top of that, from what I've read, the immunodeficient folks do not seem to be impacted severely by COVID. So, at the risk of being callous, once there are ~150 million doses available for the willing, let's drop the puck and fill the arenas. It'll be spring by then anyhow and the virus will naturally decline with increase in daylight hours. Curious what you think about this take.

Comment

• Today is 1 December 2020. In honor of Taylor Zahirnyi, there are 305 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I think the prospects for hockey next year are very good. Over the next couple of months you are going to see some very bad stuff. Millions of cases, thousands of deaths. And if you think that is bad enough, don’t get hurt or sick from other than Covid and think the hospitals will have lots of room, beds, and staff to care for you because they won’t. And those that do will have a workforce totally burnt to a crisp, But with all those cases and mass vaccination you will see a gradual, steady reduction in the numbers and they will stay down. Once that happens you can begin to return to ‘normal’. And if you think once we get to a certain level of disease control ,just open the flood gates and things will be fine, I can tell you are not a healthcare provider. I’m sure they are just hankering to go through this a few more times so people can go out to dinner. Or to a hockey game. They say patience is a virtue for a reason.

Comment

• I'm no expert but I certainly believe JHU is a very reliable source. Some very interesting info and data in the is article...including: "..... Therefore, according to Briand, not only has COVID-19 had no effect on the percentage of deaths of older people, but it has also not increased the total number of deaths. "

https://web.archive.org/web/20201126...ue-to-covid-19

Deaths from other causes (heat disease, cancers, respiratory illness, pneumonia ) are being recategorized as COVID death, thereby causing the glaring daily headlines. Add in the unknown millions of people who are walking around unknowingly with COVID and the actual mortality rate is drastically lower than what we are being led to believe.

“All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers. We found no evidence to the contrary,” Briand concluded.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• If you looked at any death certificate, tg

Comment

Working...
                                X