No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the roster outlook. The remaining 6 players with junior eligibility will return to juniors. As for the rest of the team, it seems that Savory will leave and try to play immediately. Other than that I have no idea what will happen to the other players. Rosters are set in stone around nearly the entire country. Savory is a top goaltender in the country, so he'd be able to land somewhere, but I don't think any of the other players could at this point. My guess is that we will be able to keep most of the roster because of this, but the best players will be wildcards.

Comment

• These players (all athletes) have been strung along and mistreated by the person in charge of the outfit since they arrived back in Troy in August......no voice directly with the AD until today. Are you kidding me???

Per media......"I feel today was an opportunity for dialogue that has been much needed, and, quite honestly one of the biggest points of frustration for the athletes in that they haven't had a voice other than through me, through Dr. McElroy, to the cabinet in the board and Dr, Jackson (school president Shirley Jackson). Today the discussion from Dr. McElroy was very good, and our players know that Dr. McElroy was fighting their fight."

Season cancelled, ok we can somewhat deal with that given with what is going on. But no access to facilities, coaches, gear etc. is a farce. Unique and bizarre off campus living restrictions.......the list goes on and on. Also, hearing the juniors are not guaranteed campus access in second semester (ARCH exemption not approved yet since there is now no season), that decision to come "later".

Per college hockey news....."Long term for RPI hockey, this is a major blow," Smith said.

No doubt. Appears to be a complete mess internally.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        For the roster outlook. The remaining 6 players with junior eligibility will return to juniors. As for the rest of the team, it seems that Savory will leave and try to play immediately. Other than that I have no idea what will happen to the other players. Rosters are set in stone around nearly the entire country. Savory is a top goaltender in the country, so he'd be able to land somewhere, but I don't think any of the other players could at this point. My guess is that we will be able to keep most of the roster because of this, but the best players will be wildcards.
        Are you sure that the remaining players with junior eligibility will do so? It might be hard to get a spot at this time, and I haven't seen a lot of Ivy players doing so.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Are you sure that the remaining players with junior eligibility will do so? It might be hard to get a spot at this time, and I haven't seen a lot of Ivy players doing so.
          I'm not certain, but I'm fairly confident they will. It might be tough to find spots, but I think they can all manage to find something. There's only 6 players with remaining junior eligibility after all. Kjellberg, Davies, Nykanen, Brackett, Beaton, Schreifels

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I'm not certain, but I'm fairly confident they will. It might be tough to find spots, but I think they can all manage to find something. There's only 6 players with remaining junior eligibility after all. Kjellberg, Davies, Nykanen, Brackett, Beaton, Schreifels
            We'll see. Also remember that quite a few junior teams have shut down also.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
              These players (all athletes) have been strung along and mistreated by the person in charge of the outfit since they arrived back in Troy in August......no voice directly with the AD until today. Are you kidding me???

Per media......"I feel today was an opportunity for dialogue that has been much needed, and, quite honestly one of the biggest points of frustration for the athletes in that they haven't had a voice other than through me, through Dr. McElroy, to the cabinet in the board and Dr, Jackson (school president Shirley Jackson). Today the discussion from Dr. McElroy was very good, and our players know that Dr. McElroy was fighting their fight."

Season cancelled, ok we can somewhat deal with that given with what is going on. But no access to facilities, coaches, gear etc. is a farce. Unique and bizarre off campus living restrictions.......the list goes on and on. Also, hearing the juniors are not guaranteed campus access in second semester (ARCH exemption not approved yet since there is now no season), that decision to come "later".

Per college hockey news....."Long term for RPI hockey, this is a major blow," Smith said.

No doubt. Appears to be a complete mess internally.
              Just a few days ago the school was praising itself in the local media for its robust testing protocol and SAJ was boasting about being at the forefront with all the tools they have as a technological university. Apparently all the testing and tools were not enough to play some hockey. Meantime the Big 10 is playing and Hockey East drops the puck in a couple of weeks. This was doable here. The administration just chose not to do it.

I wonder what this means for the league and whether they'll try to do a season with just 5 teams.

Side note - watched most of the Wisconsin-Notre Dame game Friday. Wisconsin's Mathieu de St. Phalle is the son of our own Jacque de St. Phalle.

Comment

• Record article
                https://www.troyrecord.com/news/rpi-...=tw-troyrecord
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious View Post

I wonder what this means for the league and whether they'll try to do a season with just 5 teams.

Side note - watched most of the Wisconsin-Notre Dame game Friday. Wisconsin's Mathieu de St. Phalle is the son of our own Jacque de St. Phalle.

It would not surprise me if Union cancels too.

BTW, Jacques de St. Phalle transferred to Wisconsin.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I am sad but not surprised at all. And I think this will happen in many programs across the country. As to it being a major blow, I think it stops the momentum the team had achieved. A huge step backward, but there’s no reason we can’t bounce back. The way things are looking now, vaccines will begin to be distributed starting in December, but more widely in the Spring. That will give everyone the confidence that, although it will take time to get the vaccine to enough people, we will have the confidence that things can be planned for. I want to be and will be at both men’s and women’s games next fall. If the criteria for me attending games was wins and trophies, I wouldn’t be a 29 year season ticket holder. Thick and thin.

Comment

Which is why I didn't include them in the 5.
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

I don't think that Union has decided not to play. I am told that they have been practicing and working out as thought they expect to play some games this year

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Which is why I didn't include them in the 5.
                          If you didn't include Union in the 5, who else are you including besides CCT, SLU, QU, and Colgate?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by woodenskates View Post

I don't think that Union has decided not to play. I am told that they have been practicing and working out as thought they expect to play some games this year
                            I agree.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Asiah Taylor-Walters, today is 17 November 2020. There are 319 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-17-2020, 12:20 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Really sorry to hear that the season is over. But not surprised.
                                I will be surprised if there is a complete season (NCAA tournament) for anyone given the current status of the virus.
                                I just hope that no one playing now gets seriously ill just to play a game.
                                Remember, these are still Student Athletes.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X