Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 15 November 2020. There are 12 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-15-2020, 11:54 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I wonder if this delay on posting either a schedule, a delay until the new year, or a season cancellation indicates that SAJ et al. hasn't decided yet or that it isn't important to her?

So far 8 schools have cancelled, the 6 Ivies, RIT, and UAA. Almost all of the others have schedules at least through December.
      Why do we think that SAJ has anything to do with the ECAC schedule. Are we going to blame her for covid next?
      I watched part of the Wisconcin/Notre Dame game on NHL network last night. What did the big 10 do that the ECAC didn't?
      Will someone from the ECAC come out and tell us what is going on?
      This is one lousy organization.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Why do we think that SAJ has anything to do with the ECAC schedule. Are we going to blame her for covid next?
        I watched part of the Wisconcin/Notre Dame game on NHL network last night. What did the big 10 do that the ECAC didn't?
        Will someone from the ECAC come out and tell us what is going on?
        This is one lousy organization.
        The ECAC is ALL the AD's of member institutions - which means the schools run the ECAC. The AD's take their marching orders from the school President's. I predict SAJ will cancel the RPI hockey season. One lousy organization??? Maybe if you understood how the ECAC is governed, you might better understand the organization. Also, there is nothing that happens at RPI without the stamp of SAJ.
        Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 11-15-2020, 07:47 AM.
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• As of now, you have four schools which will comprise the ECAC; Quinnipiac, SLU, Clarkson, and Colgate. There will likely be a schedule with these four teams competing. I am not including RPI, due to the fact that Juniors will be off campus second semester - RPI COVID rules/guidelines, which were instituted by the honorable SAJ! You need 13 players to constitute a team for competition, which RPI will likely fail to meet. This is really a moot point since I expect SAJ will be cancelling.
          Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 11-15-2020, 07:48 AM.
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
            As of now, you have four schools which will comprise the ECAC; Quinnipiac, SLU, Clarkson, and Colgate. There will likely be a schedule with these four teams competing. I am not including RPI, due to the fact that Juniors will be off campus second semester - RPI COVID rules/guidelines, which were instituted by the honorable SAJ! You need 13 players to constitute a team for competition, which RPI will likely fail to meet. This is really a moot point since I expect SAJ will be cancelling.
            You say this like SAJ is out on an island.
            If the ADs run the ECAC, than why are there four only schools going out on their own. How do you explain that?
            I know that many people on this board that don't like SAJ. And I am sure that they have many great reasons for that, but while she may be behind the lack of hockey at RPI, she is not alone in holding back hockey in the northeast.
            And while I hate losing an RPI season, maybe those other schools care more about the health of their students than having athletic events.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            Gary Player

Comment

As of now, you have four schools which will comprise the ECAC; Quinnipiac, SLU, Clarkson, and Colgate. There will likely be a schedule with these four teams competing. I am not including RPI, due to the fact that Juniors will be off campus second semester - RPI COVID rules/guidelines, which were instituted by the honorable SAJ! You need 13 players to constitute a team for competition, which RPI will likely fail to meet. This is really a moot point since I expect SAJ will be cancelling.
              Without the juniors there will still be more than 13, not that we would be too good. And if SAJ wants there to be hockey, which I tend to doubt, a way could be found.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What is your basis for only showing 4. Once you subtract the Ivy's, I believe there are 5?

Comment

Hockey players are exempt from the summer arch program. The summer arch program is why juniors are required to be off campus next semester. RPI will have a full team at their disposal if they choose to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    What did the big 10 do that the ECAC didn't?
                    I am oversimplifying it, but the Big 10 makes a lot of money from televised sports and the ECAC doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I am oversimplifying it, but the Big 10 makes a lot of money from televised sports and the ECAC doesn't.
                      That is a great observation. Follow the money.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      Gary Player

Comment

• Today is 16 November 2020. In honor of MJ Alexander, there are 11 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I'm told RPI has canned the hockey season...apparently its on Ch. 13 Twitter.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Very bad news. Feel awful for both teams: https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...P-CP-Spotlight

Comment

• Today is 16 November 2020. There are 320 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021.

If someone has a better suggestion for the date of the first game, please post it. I will continue honoring the women when 300 + uniform # rolls around. There will thus be a few repeats.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• You could always use the roster for the ACHA club players. Would be nice to give them some recognition.

Comment

Working...
                                X