RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

A reasoned, logical medical viewpoint that counters the mainstream media hysteria. Well worth watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-J7HF_JDyY

"...Protecting the elderly and vulnerable is the key....let everyone else live their lives...... "Tracking the number of cases is a complete waste of time.........."
    " We will have to cope with COVID just like 200 other diseases we manage every day...." "Science strongly favors the policies we're suggesting" (the Great Barrington declaration).
    "We've done more harm than good...we've pushed off the cases to the future" (by locking down). "The lockdown is the single biggest public health mistake I've seen in my career."
    It wasn't the media that shut down the country, it was the government scientists that recommended it. Along with many other scientists in civilized countries.
    So I will just have agree to disagree with you.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

It wasn't the media that shut down the country, it was the government scientists that recommended it. Along with many other scientists in civilized countries.
      So I will just have agree to disagree with you.
      The media helped create a lot of panic early in the pandemic. And the toll of any "shut down" is devastating.......NYC will take years to recover......look at all the European countries that "shut down" earlier and are going back to the same devastating model. Their people are not reacting to it very well.

Protocols and precautions.......would be an effective approach because the actual survival rate is very, very , very ,very high per CDC website:

Age group Survival Rate
      0-19 99.997%
      20-49 99.98%
      50-69 99.5%
      70+ 94.6%

Point is, let the RPI kids at least have a chance to train on campus (like every other hockey campus) ....... with proper protocols and safety measures. Start in phases and at least see how it goes. RPI has to be the most tested campus in the country, with very few positive tests since August.

If this wasn't an election year.............just sayin'

Comment

• Stop it. Not the thread for that
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Regarding the Dubinsky situation : he “signed” with the BCHL. Signed for the whole season? Could he come back in January or something? Someone mentioned his taking on line classes. Does he forego his affiliation and any scholarship/financial aid from RPI by doing this? You also allude to his returning? His spot is kept open for him? In a sense the team benefits by having players play somewhere rather than sit and wait or have limited practices. I assume the BCHL is playing hockey. So my last question is if this works for Dubinsky and it looks like the RPI season will be greatly reduced or non existent, why aren’t more players trying this? I get there is a risk to this of the door closing behind you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
            Regarding the Dubinsky situation : he “signed” with the BCHL. Signed for the whole season? Could he come back in January or something? Someone mentioned his taking on line classes. Does he forego his affiliation and any scholarship/financial aid from RPI by doing this? You also allude to his returning? His spot is kept open for him? In a sense the team benefits by having players play somewhere rather than sit and wait or have limited practices. I assume the BCHL is playing hockey. So my last question is if this works for Dubinsky and it looks like the RPI season will be greatly reduced or non existent, why aren’t more players trying this? I get there is a risk to this of the door closing behind you.
            Only players born in 2000 or more recently are eligible to play juniors. That doesn't include that many of our players. They also have to find a team willing to take them.

The BCHL is currently playing what they call an extended preseason. ZD could have said that he will leave if and when RPI starts, or he could have committed for the whole season. By "spot", I assume you mean scholarship. I assume he and Coach Smith negotiated what will happen.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Jenn Gregg, today is 29 October 2020. There are 29 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-29-2020, 04:37 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Maddy Papineau, today is 30 October 2020. There are 28 days (4 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Travis Roy passed away yesterday. What a role model he was. Your worst nightmare comes true and you make something out of it. So as we sit here wondering when the Engineers will play again and who will be in the lineup, let us all pause for a second and remember things could be far, far worse. Let Travis and his life be a guide to us all.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                    Travis Roy passed away yesterday. What a role model he was. Your worst nightmare comes true and you make something out of it. So as we sit here wondering when the Engineers will play again and who will be in the lineup, let us all pause for a second and remember things could be far, far worse. Let Travis and his life be a guide to us all.
                    Well said, a true inspiration who made the absolute most out of his injury. RIP.
                    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Sacred Heart has posted a schedule that includes games vs. Q'pac on 11/24 and Union on 12/30....
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Union and Quinnipiac have games scheduled in November and December against Atlantic Hockey teams. Meanwhile, our team still can't get on the ice because Her Majesty must sit atop her throne while placing all of athletics at the very bottom. Everyone understands the importance of safety, but she is simply ignoring the safety protocols developed by the multitude of athletics teams who want to get back to practicing and playing. She claimed at the town hall that she did not have return to play proposals from teams yet. I know for a fact that's a lie; she has had numerous proposals sitting on her desk. She has singlehandedly ****ed off everyone in the athletics department. Of course, you won't hear it publicly as they will take the high road, and they obviously cannot publicly criticize The Queen. The resentment is there though, I can assure of you of that, and they all know how she has athletics at the very bottom. I want to be clear that this is affecting all of athletics, not just hockey, even though hockey is what we obviously care about most.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                          Union and Quinnipiac have games scheduled in November and December against Atlantic Hockey teams. Meanwhile, our team still can't get on the ice because Her Majesty must sit atop her throne while placing all of athletics at the very bottom. Everyone understands the importance of safety, but she is simply ignoring the safety protocols developed by the multitude of athletics teams who want to get back to practicing and playing. She claimed at the town hall that she did not have return to play proposals from teams yet. I know for a fact that's a lie; she has had numerous proposals sitting on her desk. She has singlehandedly ****ed off everyone in the athletics department. Of course, you won't hear it publicly as they will take the high road, and they obviously cannot publicly criticize The Queen. The resentment is there though, I can assure of you of that, and they all know how she has athletics at the very bottom. I want to be clear that this is affecting all of athletics, not just hockey, even though hockey is what we obviously care about most.
                          Completely agree. Can't say I'm completely surprised....sadly. Classic higher ed politics....set up an onerous frame work for your minions to adhere to, and then ignore them when they abide by the letter of your rules.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Completely agree. Can't say I'm completely surprised....sadly. Classic higher ed politics....set up an onerous frame work for your minions to adhere to, and then ignore them when they abide by the letter of your rules.
                            RPI doesn't have the status of the Ivies to get away with this.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

RPI doesn't have the status of the Ivies to get away with this.
                              So you're saying Shirley isn't keeping her foot on it? Ha . Ok. Then explaing why there's no ice down at HFH.

Comment

So you're saying Shirley isn't keeping her foot on it? Ha . Ok. Then explaing why there's no ice down at HFH.
                                Ha! I didn't see Sezenack's note about the ice going in...baby steps ! So RPI will probably start skating about the time Union plays SHU.... !

Comment

Working...
                                X