This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Thanks to engineerhockeyfan for the thread title suggestion. In case anyone wanders here and doesn't know what the thread title refers to, USCHO poster and RPI fan turk181 recently passed away. Here is his obituary: https://www.seamonwilseyfuneralhome....Robert-Tammany

Previous thread https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...ason-cancelled

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Today is 3 October 2020. There are 55 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Thanks to engineerhockeyfan for the thread title suggestion. In case anyone wanders here and doesn't know what the thread title refers to, USCHO poster and RPI fan turk181 recently passed away. Here is his obituary: https://www.seamonwilseyfuneralhome....Robert-Tammany

Previous thread https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...ason-cancelled
      Nice way to honor one of our favorites RB. Only met him once but corresponded fairly often. Always looked forward to his take on games and players. RIP Turk!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Nice way to honor one of our favorites RB. Only met him once but corresponded fairly often. Always looked forward to his take on games and players. RIP Turk!
        I met him every year since he became a USHO member when I was in Troy except for 2018-19 when he didn't buy season tickets.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good - so perhaps nobody will have a reason to leave early??
          Besides for Pirri and D'Amigo we haven't had much of a problem with that. Also, we did lose Oates and Servinis early, and they were not drafted.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Besides for Pirri and D'Amigo we haven't had much of a problem with that. Also, we did lose Oates and Servinis early, and they were not drafted.
            There have been others - Tapper and Cavosie for example. I just think with the unusual circumstances we are facing with a pandemic determining the scheduling, some boys just will not want to lose a year or more waiting.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 4 October 2020. There are 54 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 5 October 2020. There are 53 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Puckman,

Which company did you buy the mask from? There are at least three weirdly named companies offering one when you enter what you posted on Amazon. See https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Genrics+F...ref=nb_sb_noss. They are probably identical, but the price varies.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Puckman,

Which company did you buy the mask from? There are at least three weirdly named companies offering one when you enter what you posted on Amazon. See https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Genrics+F...ref=nb_sb_noss. They are probably identical, but the price varies.
                    https://www.amazon.com/Genrics-Balac...sr=1-1-catcorr

I purchased this one, Ralph

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                      Thanks. I assume that you had no trouble..
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There have been others - Tapper and Cavosie for example. I just think with the unusual circumstances we are facing with a pandemic determining the scheduling, some boys just will not want to lose a year or more waiting.
                        Zalewski left early as well.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

So this landed in my email a short while ago..... I read it a few times and it seems to be lacking some key information. Is this first come first served? and the "click here" live link in the message to reserve online seems non-functional....

October 2020

To theLoyal Fans of RPI Men’s Hockey:

Let me begin by stressing that our primary focus as an athletic department is the health and safety of everyone who is part of the Engineers Family. We sincerely hope you and your loved ones are healthy and safe during these trying times.

As we get deeper into the fall, we thank you for your continued patience and understanding and very much look forward to seeing you back at the Houston Field House.

Over the past couple of months we have coordinated with the Institute administration, the NCAA and ECAC Hockey in preparing for the 2020-21 season. Our goal is to build a model that provides the opportunity to see the Engineers play in January, in front of as many season ticket holders as possible and are offering a one-time price of $200/seat for the 2020-21 season, when purchased by November 20, 2020. We are hopeful the finalized ECAC Hockey schedule will be released by December 1!

As the ongoing situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, we have prepared a few options in the event the season is cancelled or fans are not permitted inside the Houston Field House while games are played. They are:

·Season Ticket Holders can make a donation to Let’s Go Red!
                          o Reinvest all or a portion as a donation to Let’s Go Red!, which directly supports our student-athletes.
                          ·Season Ticket Holders have the option to rollover payment as a credit to the 2021-22 RPI Men’s Hockey season, which will secure your season seat.
                          ·Season Ticket Holders have the option to receive a refund.

Our operations will be set forth following the New York State and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute guidelines with the health and safety of the RPI community and the fan experience at the center of our decision making process.

You are encouraged to continue to visit rpiathletics.com and our various social media platforms for the latest information. In the meantime clickHERE to reserve your seat!

If you have any questions, please reach out to Sachi Vines at boxoffice@rpi.edu.

Be safe, stay healthy, and most of all, thank you for your commitment and continued support of RPI Athletics.
                          Let’s Go Red!*******https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...95402&view=fim g&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8crtNiyDMdwgR6JcYn-hvN-wJBqCfMDvs6ZtEOcpjTA6sg2BphHEj2vQWDMrYR28wwdyq1xRT Ww2plD3Tm9Vdk-f7sL9Yoo0hJIdK3hAWjlxHBgYssa29Qilk&disp=emb******* *
                          Dr. Lee McElroy
                          Associate Vice President and Director of Athletics

""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Given the distance between my location and Troy, I haven't been to a game at the Field House in a number of years. The last time I was there was for the playoff series against Brown in 2013.

Given that we've previously been told that the 2020-21 season, if there is one at all, will consist solely of games against ECAC opponents, that seems to imply that there will be a total of 11 home games. I'm guessing that if someone buys a season ticket, they get 11 games for the price of 10. So if the price of 10 games is $200, that would mean the price of a single game ticket is $20.

I'm not sure exactly how much my playoff tickets cost in 2013, but it wasn't close to $20 per game. Have tickets really gone up in price that much?

Comment

For the general public, last year the season tickets were $255 each (for 17 games = $15.00). Sachi indicates that they will make a decision on the capacity / ticket levels at a future date and tickets apparently will be awarded in something resembling a lottery fashion... Overall, I'm glad they are making the effort to put some fannies in the seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X