Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post


    I'm still leery on Fall/Winter sports. SAJ leaving too may questions (poor communication) unanswered in my opinion. I don't yet have the confidence of sports moving full speed ahead. Students will be required to be vaccinated, but yet all other safety measures, including bi-weekly testing will remain. What if a student and their family doesn't believe the vaccine is for them? They not allowed to play?
    -There has been no safety process put into action regarding any positive test(s) amongst an RPI athletic team thru today at RPI. By time Fall rolls around RPI is a full year behind all other schools who participated in '20-'21 athletics, in letting their safety protocols play out and allow student/athletes to move forward. RPI's "trial run" will be in Fall of '21.......yikes.

    As long as SAJ is involved, the fear of the unknown will always be in the back of my mind (ie SAJ bizarre off campus student/ bathroom rule she created in July of last year). Don't want to come off as a pessimist, but until the puck actually drops in October, or there is clear communication from administration on what the plan is moving forward, not holding my breath. Let us all be reminded that the weight room and the HFH are still collecting cob webs more than a year after the C-19 came about.
    Agree completely. To assume otherwise would be foolish, given her indifference regarding even basic communication with the student athletes, their families or the fans.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

    Comment


    • I've been researching schools for my middle daughter, and over the quick look of 25 institutions across the academic landscape, RPI's stood out for one differentiator, that until I compared didn't seem peculiar, but upon reflection, is very odd, and telling. Care to guess what that is?

      Hint: "it" is is all over the pages of this thread, and all the hockey threads....unfortunately
      Class of '93

      16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

      Comment


      • Today is 19 April 2021. There are 166 days until RPI's next game.


        This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.




        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • https://twitter.com/IanPickus/status...21580813733892
          Dr. Tony Fauci is among the honorees at @rpi 's commencement next month. Others being honored: Sir Paul Nurse, Dr. John L. Anderson, and Ash Carter.
          I have the feeling that Dr. Fauci will congratulate SAJ on her handling of the COVID-19 pandemic at RPI causing further delay in athletics.


          Edit: official announcement https://news.rpi.edu/content/2021/04...ment-honorands
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-20-2021, 01:04 AM.
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

            Agree completely. To assume otherwise would be foolish, given her indifference regarding even basic communication with the student athletes, their families or the fans.
            I think most colleges are starting to gravitate toward requiring COVID vaccinations in order to re-enroll. They want dorms full, etc. I would guess RPI has the same idea; there is already a vaccination clinic on campus. That gives me some hope for a full 21-22 season.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              https://twitter.com/IanPickus/status...21580813733892

              I have the feeling that Dr. Fauci will congratulate SAJ on her handling of the COVID-19 pandemic at RPI causing further delay in athletics.


              Edit: official announcement https://news.rpi.edu/content/2021/04...ment-honorands
              The hits keep coming. I'm anxious to hear his wisdom during the ever-civilized colloquy. I'm all but certain he'll break his deafening silence on the maskless surge of humanity at the southern border . Ha ha
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

                I'm still leery on Fall/Winter sports. SAJ leaving too may questions (poor communication) unanswered in my opinion. I don't yet have the confidence of sports moving full speed ahead. Students will be required to be vaccinated, but yet all other safety measures, including bi-weekly testing will remain. What if a student and their family doesn't believe the vaccine is for them? They not allowed to play?
                -There has been no safety process put into action regarding any positive test(s) amongst an RPI athletic team thru today at RPI. By time Fall rolls around RPI is a full year behind all other schools who participated in '20-'21 athletics, in letting their safety protocols play out and allow student/athletes to move forward. RPI's "trial run" will be in Fall of '21.......yikes.

                As long as SAJ is involved, the fear of the unknown will always be in the back of my mind (ie SAJ bizarre off campus student/ bathroom rule she created in July of last year). Don't want to come off as a pessimist, but until the puck actually drops in October, or there is clear communication from administration on what the plan is moving forward, not holding my breath. Let us all be reminded that the weight room and the HFH are still collecting cob webs more than a year after the C-19 came about.

                Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

                Agree completely. To assume otherwise would be foolish, given her indifference regarding even basic communication with the student athletes, their families or the fans.
                The timing of both of these posts may prove to be prophetic with regards to basic communication with anyone based on what I just saw barely over three hours ago (about 4 P.M.). Of course, it could just as easily be a case of over analyzing. However, if it is the latter, whose fault is that? Certainly not the administration the has been "nothing short" of completely above board, forthcoming and honest with everyone throughout the year plus pandemic period!!!

                Regardless, good neighbor duties required my driving an 80ish widow to her eye appointment that included dilation at the Burdett Medical facility just below the Fieldhouse since this particular woman simply is not comfortable driving herself with blurred vision. Since New York State guidelines prohibit anyone except the patient from being present, I decided to take a drive around the area.

                With RPI supposedly returning to competition this coming weekend, I expected to be driving by a flourish of practice and preparation activity everywhere and anywhere.

                Instead I found a baseball and a softball facility that both were completely deserted. Not even old bases were anywhere to be seen. Activity at both Harkness and ECAV was minimal at best and did not even resemble varsity athletes preparing for anything. Sure seems like strange sights at 4 in the afternoon for someone with games to play in mere days after an absence of more than a year.

                Frankly, only a complete moron or someone na?ve enough to continue believing a proven not credible and untrustworthy upper administration (NOT ATHLETICS) would not suspect the institution has not entered yet another "conveniently timed" pause, shutdown or hunker in place phase.

                The next day or two should provide the answer.

                Comment


                • I forgot to post this. : mad :

                  Today is 20 April 2021. There are 165 days until RPI's next game.


                  This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.



                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment



                  • Today is 21 April 2021. There are 164 days until RPI's next game.


                    This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.



                    sigpic

                    Let's Go 'Tute!

                    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                    2012 Poser Of The Year

                    Comment


                    • Today is 22 April 2021. There are 163 days until RPI's next game.


                      This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.



                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Too little too late ?

                        https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...P-CP-Spotlight

                        "....After a month of practicing, RPI gave its teams permission on Wednesday to play games, according to an athletic department spokesman.

                        “It feels good,” Hackett-Dalgliesh (men's lacrosse coach) said. “I’m just so happy for the young men in the program. Everybody’s been affected by this thing in all kinds of different ways and our young men have done a great job this semester in handling their business and doing things the right way and preparing on their own until we could get together. It’s been a lot of fun to be back out there and we’re just tremendously thankful for the opportunity to compete.”
                        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-22-2021, 11:47 AM.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                        Comment


                        • New Haven Register wrote an article on college hockey, the transfer portal, etc. a fairly long piece, quotes from Carvel, Cavanagh (UConn) and Pecknold about the commitment needed to compete at the top level in college hockey . (there is a pay wall) https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/nhr...n-16096058.php The last sentence below says it all.

                          “There are haves and have-nots in college hockey,” Pecknold said. “I think the gap is going to be even bigger. There’s a lot more talent jumping. Some of the big schools, the blue-bloods, they’re literally recruiting off other teams’ rosters.

                          “The message is you better treat your kids well. You better make sure you have food after practice for them. Sneakers, hats, T-shirts up to the allowable limits. The kids know. They have buddies at other schools. We’re fortunate at Quinnipiac, we’re all-in, but if you’re not all-in, you are in trouble.”
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-22-2021, 12:25 PM.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Too little too late ?

                            https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...P-CP-Spotlight

                            "....After a month of practicing, RPI gave its teams permission on Wednesday to play games, according to an athletic department spokesman.

                            “It feels good,” Hackett-Dalgliesh (men's lacrosse coach) said. “I’m just so happy for the young men in the program. Everybody’s been affected by this thing in all kinds of different ways and our young men have done a great job this semester in handling their business and doing things the right way and preparing on their own until we could get together. It’s been a lot of fun to be back out there and we’re just tremendously thankful for the opportunity to compete.”
                            But it is a positive for next year.
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

                              But it is a positive for next year.
                              All bets are off. You are the mathematics guy here, someone can find some statistic to use as a metric to claim just about anything and of course justify that there is a spike that signifies something. I simply will not get too worked up and excited until I here the fight song and our goalie leading the team onto the ice for the first game.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

                                All bets are off. You are the mathematics guy here, someone can find some statistic to use as a metric to claim just about anything and of course justify that there is a spike that signifies something. I simply will not get too worked up and excited until I here the fight song and our goalie leading the team onto the ice for the first game.
                                I am still pessimistic myself, but IMO it is a positive sign. There have been other positive signs but quite a lot of negative ones. We are still hunting for Red October. ;-)
                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X