Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks. He will appear on the list of incoming players on the recruit thread when I next post it, probably Sunday.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-13-2021, 12:52 PM.
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • His Lowell page https://goriverhawks.com/sports/mens...ny-baxter/5878
      Elite prospects https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...anthony-baxter

      He received a 3.00 grade from Neutral Zone but that was in 2016-17.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-13-2021, 12:52 PM.
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        RPI athletics have been put on pause due to rising COVID numbers on campus
        Who IS on campus?

        Comment


        • goal by Baxter (#19) https://twitter.com/hockey_east/stat...18882917138433

          FWIW, before going to UML, Baxter played for the Burlington Cougars, where Mark Jooris (RPI '86) was coach and GM.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-13-2021, 01:06 PM.
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            goal by Baxter (#19) https://twitter.com/hockey_east/stat...18882917138433

            FWIW, before going to UML, Baxter played for the Burlington Cougars, where Mark Jooris (RPI '86) was coach and GM.
            I'm feeling better about next season. This guy looks like a comparable replacement for Brady Ferner (on ice anyway). Every team is going to have strange roster turnover, but the staff is not being passive and is working hard to replace the losses that had us a bit down. I'd also be surprised if Baxter didn't reach out to both Jooris and Owen Savory before making his decision and he must have liked what he heard.

            P.S. You have to like a guy whose roster photo on the team's website features an obvious slash (https://dbukjj6eu5tsf.cloudfront.net...2/7/baxter.png).
            Last edited by rpi82; 04-13-2021, 02:23 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

              I'm feeling better about next season. This guy looks like a comparable replacement for Brady Ferner (on ice anyway). Every team is going to have strange roster turnover, but the staff is not being passive and is working hard to replace the losses that had us a bit down. I'd also be surprised if Baxter didn't reach out to both Jooris and Owen Savory before making his decision and he must have liked what he heard.
              We will only have Baxter for one year, but what we need mainly is fill-ins for the losses, especially players who have not gathered rust for a year. Baxter fits that description. Assuming that we do play as normal a season as everyone else, what we have to do is keep pace with the rest of college hockey and then proceed upward in 2022-23.

              As you implied, the thing that Ferner supposedly had was a lot of leadership ability, and that will be hard to replace.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-13-2021, 02:28 PM.
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • We are past 900 posts. Do others feel we should start a new thread at 1000 or continue? If a new thread, any title suggestions?
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  We are past 900 posts. Do others feel we should start a new thread at 1000 or continue? If a new thread, any title suggestions?
                  New thread. A little revolution now and then is a healthy thing, don't you think? - Marco Ramius
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

                    New thread. A little revolution now and then is a healthy thing, don't you think? - Marco Ramius
                    What is the bold face supposed to signify? OTOH, "The Hunt for Red October" would make a lot of sense. :-)
                    sigpic

                    Let's Go 'Tute!

                    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                    2012 Poser Of The Year

                    Comment


                    • Today is 14 April 2021. There are 171 days until RPI's next game.


                      This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.


                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • I am posting this link, because it shows the entire transfer portal and explains a lot about why there are so many players in it.
                        https://www.yahoo.com/news/heralds-2...003100587.html

                        Forgive me if this was posted before, but I haven't seen it.
                        Every school is impacted by this season. And will be for a few years.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

                          What is the bold face supposed to signify? OTOH, "The Hunt for Red October" would make a lot of sense. :-)
                          The bold face was part of the quote I lifted for the post - and yes - I was hoping you would be the first to get the gist of it. My submission for the new title would be The Hunt For Red October. You are quick even if you are getting up there in age!!
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

                            ... for Brady Ferner (on ice anyway).
                            Mentioning Mr. Ferner, what's the fan's review of him?

                            He's going from one alma mater of mine to the other and I don't know what to expect.


                            Here's how he spent the 2020-21 season: https://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/...792bc1e47.html
                            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 04-14-2021, 10:49 AM.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                            North Dakota Hockey:

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I am posting this link, because it shows the entire transfer portal and explains a lot about why there are so many players in it.
                              https://www.yahoo.com/news/heralds-2...003100587.html

                              Forgive me if this was posted before, but I haven't seen it.
                              Every school is impacted by this season. And will be for a few years.
                              Thanks for the post - I had not seen it before so if it was posted I missed it.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I am posting this link, because it shows the entire transfer portal and explains a lot about why there are so many players in it.
                                https://www.yahoo.com/news/heralds-2...003100587.html

                                Forgive me if this was posted before, but I haven't seen it.
                                Every school is impacted by this season. And will be for a few years.
                                It is similar to what sezenack has compiled. Baxter is currently not listed as going to RPI on the link which you posted.
                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X