This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
    Just looked at college hockey stats. Owen Savory is dead last in gaa and save %. So what’s the thought on that? Overrated as a goalie? Over the past few years we have had goalies that lit it up for a year or so but quickly faded. Think Marshall and now Savory. His transfer will likely end any hope for his playing after college?
    I have not watched any UML games, but judging solely on their thread posts the ENTIRE team has played poorly...with many references to flat out bad play by their D corps. I have no doubt that Owen wishes he's had better outcomes, he is as big of a competitor as you'll find, but there's a reason they call it a team game. If you were consistently facing odd man rushes, killing penalties and playing in front of a porous defence, you'd have crappy numbers too. I think Lowell is averaging something like 11 penalty kill minutes per game.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

I have not watched any UML games, but judging solely on their thread posts the ENTIRE team has played poorly...with many references to flat out bad play by their D corps. I have no doubt that Owen wishes he's had better outcomes, he is as big of a competitor as you'll find, but there's a reason they call it a team game. If you were consistently facing odd man rushes, killing penalties and playing in front of a porous defence, you'd have crappy numbers too. I think Lowell is averaging something like 11 penalty kill minutes per game.
      FWIW, Lovisa Selander apparently was able to overcome all of that.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Sometimes, the best action, is no action, and do nothing.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• I agree. Having watched hockey for over 50 years, I have seen a lot of lousy teams who looked very respectable because they had a great goalie. RPI has had more than a few teams that match that description. Ralph offers a very good example with Selander. If Savory was that good, the Freshman who has played many of the games to date would be watching and learning from Savory. The team is the same team for him. Marshall was the star and , I believe, an NHL draft pick. And now....

Comment

• Today is 26 February 2021. There are 218 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Owen picked up a 3-1 win tonight over a truly bad UVM team. He only faced 11 shots in the road game. Tristan Ashbrook played but did not pick up points. IIRC he's a right shot but MTU had him playing the off-wing tonight.

Comment

• Today is 27 February 2021. There are 217 days (31 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                  Owen picked up a 3-1 win tonight over a truly bad UVM team. He only faced 11 shots in the road game. Tristan Ashbrook played but did not pick up points. IIRC he's a right shot but MTU had him playing the off-wing tonight.
                  Tristan is a very good forward. He can play every forward position, and his new Coach has played him in all three forward positions since arriving. Regardless of being a right shot, playing all forward positions is something all forwards should learn to do, adding value and versatility to their team.
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• On Saturday, S-Kiekko defeated Muik Hockey 9-3. Ottoville Leppänen had 3 goals and 2 assists. :-) http://www.tilastopalvelu.fi/ih/game...=54732&lang=en

Leppänen's line is now 2-4-2-6-0.

Edit: They apparently don't award stars.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-27-2021, 11:52 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 28 February 2021. There are 216 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Minnesota State Hockey @MavHockey
                        Thank you Todd Burgess. You are a difference maker #HornsUp
                        https://twitter.com/MavHockey/status...25346383740928
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• On Sunday, S-Kiekko defeated RaaheK 5-4. Ottoville Leppänen had a goal and 2 assists (1 PPA). http://www.tilastopalvelu.fi/ih/game...=54735&lang=en

Leppänen's line is now 3-5-4-9-0.

He may be too good for this league. :-) I suspect that better ones would be pro.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-01-2021, 12:34 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 1 March 2021. There are 215 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              On Sunday, S-Kiekko defeated RaaheK 5-4. Ottoville Leppänen had a goal and 2 assists (1 PPA). http://www.tilastopalvelu.fi/ih/game...=54735&lang=en

Leppänen's line is now 3-5-4-9-0.

He may be too good for this league. :-) I suspect that better ones would be pro.
                              At the very least, it keeps him in shape and let's him play hockey consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

At the very least, it keeps him in shape and let's him play hockey consistently.
                                I certainly agree. It's too bad that there are no similar leagues in North America.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X