No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 5 February 2021. There are 239 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Happy Spirit Day, everybody!

In a little bit of sports-related good news, RPI's softball and men's lacrosse teams are both nationally ranked in preseason polls. The softball team is ranked 25th and the lacrosse team 17th in Division III.

RPI softball is the only Liberty League team to appear in the rankings, so it appears that they can be considered the favorite to finish first in the league. The lacrosse team is the third-highest-ranked Liberty League team, behind RIT and Union.

It is still unknown whether there will actually be a softball season or a lacrosse season at the Division III level. Money talks, of course, which means the NCAA is focusing all its attention on trying to make sure the Division I men's basketball tournament gets played so all that TV revenue can come rolling in.
      Last edited by Waite21; 02-05-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Today is 6 February 2021. There are 238 days (37 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 7 February 2021. There are 237 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 8 February 2021. There are 236 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• If everything has gone according to plan, the students have returned to in-person instruction today.

Wonder if a return to extracurricular activities will follow in the near future.

Comment

• Today is 9 February 2021. There are 235 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  If everything has gone according to plan, the students have returned to in-person instruction today.

Wonder if a return to extracurricular activities will follow in the near future.
                  Let's hope so. But I'm hearing no hockey players returned to campus this semester since there was no commitment from administration to get them in the weight room and on the ice. HFH, still no ice......
                  Last edited by NAFTA123; 02-09-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Owen Savory played Saturday night in a 7-6 ot loss.
                    He was left in for all 7 goals. The last time a coach did that to a goalie, Patrick Roy left Montreal for the Avalanche.
                    I can't imagine that Owen was very happy with that decision.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Owen Savory played Saturday night in a 7-6 ot loss.
                      He was left in for all 7 goals. The last time a coach did that to a goalie, Patrick Roy left Montreal for the Avalanche.
                      OTOH, Tristan Ashbrook has a 8-5-1-6-0 line with MTU.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well the score was ugly, but doesn't tell the whole story. It was a 6-3 UML early in the 3rd, before UNH stormed back to bury two PP goals and the even strength equalizer to force OT ...where the Cats won it.
                        Interestingly, the UNH keeper got yanked after giving up his 6th goal and his replacement played 14 minutes, made 3 saves to "earn" the OT win!
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

45 years and two days ago, Coach Don Cherry of the Boston Bruins left Dave Reece in for all 11 goals in a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Darryl Sittler recorded an NHL-record ten points in that game. Reece never played in an NHL game again.

Dave's mother worked as a nurse at the RPI Infirmary during my student days and she was a nice lady. I remember her mentioning that her son was playing goalie for UVM at the time.

Not that he would care, but I have a hard time thinking kindly of Don Cherry.

Comment

• Today is 10 February 2021. There are 234 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

His previous start he got yanked after 3 goals on 8 shots. Not the Owen we know when he was in Troy.
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post

His previous start he got yanked after 3 goals on 8 shots. Not the Owen we know when he was in Troy.
                                The 3 games he has played is probably the worst 3 game stretch of his career. Hopefully, he can turn it around and get his mind right since we all know that talent is not the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X