Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The L column does include OT losses, but QU doesn't have any.

    Add my vote to yours. Living in DC, I am used to my vote not counting:-D
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • It's not the ECAC's decision. The entire NCAA is now required to use 3v3 OT followed by a shootout (for conference games) due to the rule change over the summer

      Comment


      • Somehow, Ralph and I knew our votes weren't going to count.

        Comment


        • Today is 27 January 2021. There are 248 days until RPI's next game.


          This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.





          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • Students back for Spring semester, but any idea how many actually chose to come back to Troy? Same question for the hockey players, how many actually came back this semester for classes with no commitment from administration for ice time/practice/weight room?

            The longer this drags on, the higher risk of losing more players in the portal (all sports). And yes, I understand the Covid ordeal has not gone away, but life must go on. Hockey is being played all over the country. SAJ's continued zero communication to her staff/students/student athletes is very sad.

            Comment


            • https://open.spotify.com/episode/3yq...S72-RQ6aSEo1Tg

              Podcast with James McIsaac, haven't listened to it yet

              Comment


              • Today is 28 January 2021. There are 247 days until RPI's next game.


                This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.




                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  https://open.spotify.com/episode/3yq...S72-RQ6aSEo1Tg

                  Podcast with James McIsaac, haven't listened to it yet
                  There was no coach's segment on this one. Any special reason?
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
                    Students back for Spring semester, but any idea how many actually chose to come back to Troy? Same question for the hockey players, how many actually came back this semester for classes with no commitment from administration for ice time/practice/weight room?

                    The longer this drags on, the higher risk of losing more players in the portal (all sports). And yes, I understand the Covid ordeal has not gone away, but life must go on. Hockey is being played all over the country. SAJ's continued zero communication to her staff/students/student athletes is very sad.
                    Completely agree. I couldn't help but notice that U. Minn. Duluth will be allowing a limited number of fans at their home games....and yet our guys and gals can't even gather or skate. Truly sad.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                    Comment


                    • https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/ho...sselaer-county

                      But yet an institution, with a reputation of being a leader in innovation, technology etc., and with very strict Covid testing/housing guidelines in place since August, can't figure out how to use a common sense approach to allowing some sort of normalcy for their students/student athletes.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

                        There was no coach's segment on this one. Any special reason?
                        This isn't Red Army's podcast, just some random one I found online with McIsaac as a guest.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
                          https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/ho...sselaer-county

                          But yet an institution, with a reputation of being a leader in innovation, technology etc., and with very strict Covid testing/housing guidelines in place since August, can't figure out how to use a common sense approach to allowing some sort of normalcy for their students/student athletes.
                          Yes, the big-time colleges played football last fall. And a lot of Division I schools are playing hockey this winter. Yes, we're frustrated that RPI isn't among the latter.

                          But in regard to spring sports such as lacrosse, the wait-and-see attitude seems to be prevalent at the present time.

                          RPIathletics shows that last year RPI played its first lacrosse game on February 16. If we were planning to start spring sports anywhere near as early this year, I would have expected a 2021 schedule to be posted by now. It would be nice if somebody would say "RPI will set up its spring sports schedule when we hear that thus-and-such has happened," but nobody's said it yet

                          However, I look at the athletics websites of big-time lacrosse programs such as Johns Hopkins, UAlbany, Princeton, and Penn, and none of them shows a 2021 schedule as yet, either. Looks like everybody's waiting for something. And if anybody's said exactly what they're waiting to hear, it hasn't come to my attention.

                          Comment


                          • Today is 29 January 2021. There are 246 days until RPI's next game.


                            This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.




                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Leppanen back to Finland in a "loan":

                              https://twitter.com/ep_transfers/sta...92544087060481

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                                Leppanen back to Finland in a "loan":

                                https://twitter.com/ep_transfers/sta...92544087060481
                                I know he's still enrolled at RPI because he's in my astronomy class, so I don't think we're at risk of losing him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X