Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I send an email to the box office offering the following: we would buy our 2 season tickets, but we will not attend in person due to Covid and our risk level. In exchange they can offer in person capability to 2 other people instead of us. We ask, in return, to keep our seats for 2021-22 (ie same seats) and we get online access to home and away games (home is already free). Their reply (unsigned) was telling us they understand our need to stay away and our season ticket location will remain the same for 2021-22. So we will stay home, subscribe to ESPN+ or whatever the channel is and watch that or RPITV. And plop our butts back in Section 6 next year. Their loss.( $400-$30=$370. )

    Comment


    • #32
      Some trivia about the team. https://rpiathletics.com/news/2020/1...-revealed.aspx
      E.g. Cory Babichuk billeted with former RPI player Todd Hilditch.
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • #33
        And Jake Marrello is the Grad Asst. Coach. I wonder how that differs from Volunteer Asst. Coach.
        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by 25+years View Post
          I send an email to the box office offering the following: we would buy our 2 season tickets, but we will not attend in person due to Covid and our risk level. In exchange they can offer in person capability to 2 other people instead of us. We ask, in return, to keep our seats for 2021-22 (ie same seats) and we get online access to home and away games (home is already free). Their reply (unsigned) was telling us they understand our need to stay away and our season ticket location will remain the same for 2021-22. So we will stay home, subscribe to ESPN+ or whatever the channel is and watch that or RPITV. And plop our butts back in Section 6 next year. Their loss.( $400-$30=$370. )
          Kudos to your generosity. While I doubt anyone has ever used the words RPI season ticket holder and poverty level in the same sentence, $370 to $400 is still $370 to $400.

          Realistically, however, RPI athletics is nowhere near staffed enough to take on the running of a ticket exchange nor would there be enough volume to justify contracting the likes of a Stub Hub.

          That stuff is for the big time and some very distant relatives from the Memphis area who are Ole Miss football fans and season ticket holders (who I just recently met for the first time ever). Whenever they can't make it (almost never) or need additional tickets for visitors (hopefully me next year), they end up dealing with Stub Hub directly from the schools' athletic web site.

          A quick check just moments ago have tickets for this Saturdays game against Alabama going for $80 to $285 and two weeks from now against Auburn going for $120 to $360.

          Have no idea why Auburn is worth more than Alabama but it sounds like we could all make some serious money if we lived in SEC country.

          Comment


          • #35
            As expected, no players associated with RPI were selected in the NHL draft. Players that will be eligible for the 2021 NHL draft are: Dylan Davies, Altti Nykanen, Hunter McDonald, Xander Babich, Finn Brown, Eric Fawkes, Max Itagaki, Reid Leibold and Payton Robinson

            Comment


            • #36
              Today is 8 October 2020. There are 50 days until RPI's next game.


              This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.
              .

              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                As expected, no players associated with RPI were selected in the NHL draft. Players that will be eligible for the 2021 NHL draft are: Dylan Davies, Altti Nykanen, Hunter McDonald, Xander Babich, Finn Brown, Eric Fawkes, Max Itagaki, Reid Leibold and Payton Robinson
                In memory of turk181 who was known to complain when I mentioned a certain player who got away, I won't mention the #202 selection by name.
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  And Jake Marrello is the Grad Asst. Coach. I wonder how that differs from Volunteer Asst. Coach.
                  Graduate assistants are grad students while they are coaching. A large component of the graduate assistant compensation is some arrangement around the tuition normally charged to pursue the graduate degree.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                    Realistically, however, RPI athletics is nowhere near staffed enough to take on the running of a ticket exchange nor would there be enough volume to justify contracting the likes of a Stub Hub.
                    I think you are right, although I think the technology is getting there to have more convenient box office features like this, and with relatively little expense. That said, I do think there is something odd to the economics here: I used to have a Red Sox ticket package, and they scrapped their internal ticket exchange system and outsourced to Stub Hub a few years ago--which was really disappointing for fans that wanted to pick up loose tickets that they knew were not fake and without Stub Hub fees.

                    The larger issue is that there is has been no need for a secondary market for RPI hockey tickets in recent years. Plentiful good seats are available for every game.
                    Last edited by DavidNardolillo; 10-08-2020, 09:18 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Today is 9 October 2020. There are 49 days (7 weeks) until RPI's next game.


                      This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.
                      .
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        We defeated Cornell 3-2 in a simlation. https://twitter.com/d1_sim/status/1314354574816358401
                        sigpic

                        Let's Go 'Tute!

                        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                        2012 Poser Of The Year

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

                          The post said that the ECAC would be divided into a New York Division and a New England Division (NJ is in NE. :-) ), and each team would play the other 5 in its Division 4 times, consisting of two home and home weekends. There would be no meeting of the two Divisions until the tourney final. Thus we would play 2 home and home series with Union, Clarkson, SLU, Cornell, and Colgate. The idea was to reduce travel and eliminate overnight stays.

                          A later post said that this was not yet approved.
                          I guess if the New York/New England plan is ultimately adopted, the optimists among us can look forward to this year's RPI team having an opportunity to do what no RPI team has ever done before (and, hopefully, will never have the chance to do again).

                          Sweep the North Country trip - twice.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

                            I guess if the New York/New England plan is ultimately adopted, the optimists among us can look forward to this year's RPI team having an opportunity to do what no RPI team has ever done before (and, hopefully, will never have the chance to do again).

                            Sweep the North Country trip - twice.
                            Actually it would be four times, since we would be playing only one game up there in a weekend and the other game that weekend would be a home game against the same team. It seems like a lot of travel to eliminate over-night stays (and avoid the pizza in Canton ;-) ). It would make more sense to me for RPI and Union and Clarkson and SLU to still be travel partners for trips between the CD and North Country.
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              So the idea is that one weekend RPI would go up north to play St. Lawrence on a Friday and then come back to Troy to play St. Lawrence again the following night - and do the same with Clarkson on another weekend - and then do both of those again on two more weekends, maybe with those two teams coming to Troy on Friday and RPI going back north on Saturday?

                              Your idea would make a lot more sense to me, too.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                                So the idea is that one weekend RPI would go up north to play St. Lawrence on a Friday and then come back to Troy to play St. Lawrence again the following night - and do the same with Clarkson on another weekend - and then do both of those again on two more weekends, maybe with those two teams coming to Troy on Friday and RPI going back north on Saturday?

                                Your idea would make a lot more sense to me, too.
                                Here is an article from the CHN which adds to the confusion https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...20-21-Five.php.
                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X