This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

Any glimmer of hope in those interviews that one or both would reverse their decisions ala RIT?
    Sadly no.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post

Dave needs to look in the mirror on why Owen left. I miss Flagdude, NWO must have caught up with my long haired friend.
      Why would Dave have to look in the mirror? No Covid, no transfer portal for Savory. Pretty simple.

Comment

• SLU postponed all games through December.
        https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ones-Games.php
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 24 November 2020. There are 312 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Any idea what the upcoming roster will look like next year. With incoming freshmen for 20/21 and incoming freshmen for 21/22. Will this years seniors remain to play one more year?
            What is the limit on scholarships and roster personnel?
            Are this years freshmen receiving their scholarships even though they are not playing?
            Just askin.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Any idea what the upcoming roster will look like next year. With incoming freshmen for 20/21 and incoming freshmen for 21/22. Will this years seniors remain to play one more year?
              Are this years freshmen receiving their scholarships even though they are not playing?
              Just askin.
              So much will depend on what pandemic statistics look like down the road. Probably not the best place to put this but I am just not sure that all this hop-e about the vaccines will be reflected in any way in the over all picture (numbers) for some time, perhaps more than a year. Given that the vaccines are not a treatment for current infection and will not immediately be expected to stop any spread, and add to that the fact that perhaps as many as 50% or more of people will simply not take any of them. the number of new cases and deaths just might not decrease much for some time. If that is the case, I wonder what the powers that be (politicians, school president,s, ECAC, etc) will do then. Will they continue to use the stats as they do now or will they begin to ignore them, or will they use some other metric to bolster whatever decisions they make??
              BTW if the number of new cases and number of new deaths reported falls precipitously, then something else has to be going on. So it is near impossible to predict that we will have anything resembling a return to normal in NCAA hockey even that far out.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

So much will depend on what pandemic statistics look like down the road. Probably not the best place to put this but I am just not sure that all this hop-e about the vaccines will be reflected in any way in the over all picture (numbers) for some time, perhaps more than a year. Given that the vaccines are not a treatment for current infection and will not immediately be expected to stop any spread, and add to that the fact that perhaps as many as 50% or more of people will simply not take any of them. the number of new cases and deaths just might not decrease much for some time. If that is the case, I wonder what the powers that be (politicians, school president,s, ECAC, etc) will do then. Will they continue to use the stats as they do now or will they begin to ignore them, or will they use some other metric to bolster whatever decisions they make??
                BTW if the number of new cases and number of new deaths reported falls precipitously, then something else has to be going on. So it is near impossible to predict that we will have anything resembling a return to normal in NCAA hockey even that far out.
                Extrapolation, prediction, of new cases is difficult. You maybe entirely correct. But there are some MD scientist types that believe the current exposure rates are vastly under-reported, that many were asymptomatic, were not tested, and are not in the database, and now have antibodies. If true it wouldn't take as many vaccinations to attain herd immunity. But then if the virus mutates.......all bets are off. We will be using advanced hindsight to figure out *** happened.....

Comment

Any idea what the upcoming roster will look like next year. With incoming freshmen for 20/21 and incoming freshmen for 21/22. Will this years seniors remain to play one more year?
                  Just askin.
                  Schott asked Smith this question ... i.e. what does the season cancellation do to recruiting. Smith (paraphrasing) said that they 'll have to review the current roster and the recruits slated to come in 2021 and they'll be some decisions made on returning players vs. recruits he wants/needs to bring in.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Extrapolation, prediction, of new cases is difficult. You maybe entirely correct. But there are some MD scientist types that believe the current exposure rates are vastly under-reported, that many were asymptomatic, were not tested, and are not in the database, and now have antibodies. If true it wouldn't take as many vaccinations to attain herd immunity. But then if the virus mutates.......all bets are off. We will be using advanced hindsight to figure out *** happened.....
                    I have no trouble believing that the actual case load is FAR higher than current data shows...given the asymptomatic tendencies of the virus in many demographic segments. This of course would cause the overall mortality rate to plummet and the herd immunity rate to climb...which may not fit some peoples agendas. I do know that all of the countries that locked down early and hard, despite all of the measures taken, are now experiencing rather steep case load spikes. This demonstrates the singular reason why lockdowns aren't a solution ...because much like Ralph, the virus doesn't sleep it just waits.

Bottom line is you can't keep the world shut down forever....unless you enjoy the prospect of a future that resembles Mad Max.

Comment

Just askin.
                      The maximum number of athletic scholarships is 18, but these can be divided among more than 18 players. There is a maximum number who can receive all or part of a scholarship, but I couldn't find it just now. I am pretty sure it is more than 30. As far as I know, there is no limit on how many can be on the roster including non-scholarship players. I suspect that no one including the coaching staff is sure about much of anything for next year. Savory may not be the last person whom we lose. OTOH we could gain players similarly. Some current seniors could come back. Etc. Etc.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I had my yearly physical yesterday, and I asked my doctor similar questions. FWIW, he thought that 40% of the people won't take the vaccine. I guess that fits with your estimate.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I think the numbers will get bad....worse than last spring.....over the next several weeks. But after the new year things will improve. And moving forward vaccinations will start and ramp up. We will get to see in real time how good/safe the vaccines are. I don’t know, though, if the 40-50 % who say now they won’t take it....will that number stay that way when they sit and watch what happens over the next several weeks. My guess is they will be more willing to take it. And then life will begin to look a bit brighter.

Comment

• In honor of M. J. Alexander, today is 25 November 2020. There are 311 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• This is how you address a team during these crazy times.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/uconns-...190554203.html

See Auriemma's message to his team at the end of the article.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

• In honor of Ellie Kaiser, today is 26 November 2020. There are 310 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X