Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime: In Memory of Turk181

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    For the general public, last year the season tickets were $255 each (for 17 games = $15.00). Sachi indicates that they will make a decision on the capacity / ticket levels at a future date and tickets apparently will be awarded in something resembling a lottery fashion... Overall, I'm glad they are making the effort to put some fannies in the seats.
    Received no such email despite being a season ticket holder since 1977. Have to wonder just who did receive it based on what criteria and it what order. Obviously, seniority/longevity does not appear to be one of the qualifying criteria. Guessing qualifying criteria includes the obvious like students, staff, alumni and maybe the far more cynical how much money do you give them annually (or more often).

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

      Received no such email despite being a season ticket holder since 1977. Have to wonder just who did receive it based on what criteria and it what order. Obviously, seniority/longevity does not appear to be one of the qualifying criteria. Guessing qualifying criteria includes the obvious like students, staff, alumni and maybe the far more cynical how much money do you give them annually (or more often).
      I'm a long time STH of the same vintage as well ...but have also donated $$$ in other ways. I don't have any idea who has/hasn't rec'd the message. (Oddly enough, I typically don't receive these types of messages from RPI ....while my HFH colleagues in our loose coalition always do !)
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

        Thanks. I assume that you had no trouble..
        Correct, no trouble. It delivered much earlier than it said it would too. Only took 2-3 weeks

        Comment


        • #19
          Waite mentions that the price of $200 is only for 11 ECAC games. What he forgot was that RPI charges for 3 playoff games (and for the Union game at the TU Center, which probably won’t be played this year). So 14 games would cost about $14 per game. What they didn’t mention was the charge for parking. Maybe we’ll get it for free this year (yeah, right!).
          And yes, I did receive the same email today.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            Waite mentions that the price of $200 is only for 11 ECAC games. What he forgot was that RPI charges for 3 playoff games (and for the Union game at the TU Center, which probably won’t be played this year). So 14 games would cost about $14 per game. What they didn’t mention was the charge for parking. Maybe we’ll get it for free this year (yeah, right!).
            And yes, I did receive the same email today.
            Good catch R4L. I forgot about the playoff ticket larceny scheme.... HA
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

              Received no such email despite being a season ticket holder since 1977. Have to wonder just who did receive it based on what criteria and it what order. Obviously, seniority/longevity does not appear to be one of the qualifying criteria. Guessing qualifying criteria includes the obvious like students, staff, alumni and maybe the far more cynical how much money do you give them annually (or more often).
              Students did not receive this email

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

                Good catch R4L. I forgot about the playoff ticket larceny scheme.... HA
                In that message which indicated that the ECAC season would be 20 games long, 10 being at home, it also said that all playoff games would be single games, no best of 3.
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

                  I'm a long time STH of the same vintage as well ...but have also donated $$$ in other ways. I don't have any idea who has/hasn't rec'd the message. (Oddly enough, I typically don't receive these types of messages from RPI ....while my HFH colleagues in our loose coalition always do !)
                  Wicked; The information you are providing is proving to be very interesting and, maybe revealing. You don't get very many blast emails, but, I seem to get them all. All of them includes health protocol updates, alumni chapter activities and updates, general institutional information and updates, athletic department updates and communications directly from the coach.

                  However, you get the season ticket communication as, apparently, others have too but I get squat. Now what could cause that? As suggested earlier, could it be side contributions? Was the communication limited to season ticket holders buying multiple season tickets (I only buy one)?

                  Remember, with current big brother mandates in place, a single season ticket would actually occupy a dozen SQUARE FEET of isolation space. Lose that much space for a couple of hundred bucks? Were season ticket holders who only purchase one ticket deemed as no longer having any "value" in the present reality?

                  Will be interesting to see how this all eventually plays out, especially if posters on this board keep sharing information.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Today is 6 October 2020. There are 52 days until RPI's next game.


                    This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.
                    .


                    sigpic

                    Let's Go 'Tute!

                    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                    2012 Poser Of The Year

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by sezenack View Post

                      Students did not receive this email
                      I suspect TB is correct in that they are looking to gauge interest and generate some cash flow from one of the few RPI sports that draws paying customers. I am sure that any plan to have real fannies in HFH seats will include students...as as of course it should !
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        I just bought it. Supposed to arrive 10/30 - 11/23. The latter date is just in time for our first game. :-D
                        sigpic

                        Let's Go 'Tute!

                        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                        2012 Poser Of The Year

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

                          In that message which indicated that the ECAC season would be 20 games long, 10 being at home, it also said that all playoff games would be single games, no best of 3.
                          So if the ECAC season is going to be 20 games long, 10 being at home and 10 on the road, which of the other 11 ECAC teams is RPI not going to play twice?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

                            So if the ECAC season is going to be 20 games long, 10 being at home and 10 on the road, which of the other 11 ECAC teams is RPI not going to play twice?
                            The post said that the ECAC would be divided into a New York Division and a New England Division (NJ is in NE. :-) ), and each team would play the other 5 in its Division 4 times, consisting of two home and home weekends. There would be no meeting of the two Divisions until the tourney final. Thus we would play 2 home and home series with Union, Clarkson, SLU, Cornell, and Colgate. The idea was to reduce travel and eliminate overnight stays.

                            A later post said that this was not yet approved.
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I agree the uncertainty is making lots of players anxious. Some already decided to forego this college season and go pro as they sense a better likelihood they will play at all this season at that level. I imagine the leagues and universities will bend the rules to make sure players will get all the eligibility they are entitled to and perhaps extend the age by which recruits have to come to campus. I am not as worried as some the players currently on the roster will leave early. It is a big risk for players who have not demonstrated pro level skill yet with one or two exceptions.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Today is 7 October 2020. There are 51 days until RPI's next game.


                                This is based upon 27 November 2020 (day after Thanksgiving) for the start of next season.
                                .


                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X