Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH v UMass HE qtr Final Extraganza

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
    Last night was UNH’s shot, had a three goal lead and couldn’t hold on. Expect a convincing UMass win tonight, say 4-0 or 5-1, something like that. A win would be a pleasant surprise, but really not feeling it’s going to happen.
    Would've agreed 100% pre-game, but was away most of yesterday. Good call (sadly) it turns out ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Son, if I were you, I'd quit while I was still ahead.
      Guess that's what you guys did in the second period on Friday night. Have a nice offseason, now go get your shinebox.

Comment

Originally posted by SJGMoney View Post
        Guess that's what you guys did in the second period on Friday night. Have a nice offseason, now go get your shinebox.
        You know how things turn out for Joe Pesci in that movie, right?
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

That's an unfair statement. I was at the game Friday night. UNH led 3-1 after the second period (gave up an unfortunate last minute goal which woke up UMass). Just because the other team has a huge talent advantage and comes at you wave after wave doesn't mean you "quit."

Comment

You never did enlighten us when asked about the significance of the UMass-UMaine game.

But to the winners go the spoils. Now it's UMass vs. the Boston Beanpot schools, in Boston.

Can't wait to see the size of the MinuteWagon by Friday night. I'll be pulling for you guys against BC, but suspect you'll meet your match against Northeastern in the tourney Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              You know how things turn out for Joe Pesci in that movie, right?
              Uh yeah, exactly. Which makes you Joe Pesci lol. Although Billy Bats got it first but just work with me here and forget that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                I'll be pulling for you guys against BC, but suspect you'll meet your match against Northeastern in the tourney Finals.
                Whoa...hold on a minute there Chuckie boy! A certain scarlet and white team is going to have some say regarding that.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  That's an unfair statement. I was at the game Friday night. UNH led 3-1 after the second period (gave up an unfortunate last minute goal which woke up UMass). Just because the other team has a huge talent advantage and comes at you wave after wave doesn't mean you "quit."
                  It means as much as the ridiculous one liner that you guys jerked each other off about 3-4 days ago. I just thought it was poetic seeing as you guys coughed on the chicken bone for the rest of the series from that point on.

Comment

It means as much as the ridiculous one liner that you guys jerked each other off about 3-4 days ago. I just thought it was poetic seeing as you guys coughed on the chicken bone for the rest of the series from that point on.
                    You're pretty cocky for a school that hasn't won anything in...oh...that's "ever," right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      You never did enlighten us when asked about the significance of the UMass-UMaine game.

But to the winners go the spoils. Now it's UMass vs. the Boston Beanpot schools, in Boston.

Can't wait to see the size of the MinuteWagon by Friday night. I'll be pulling for you guys against BC, but suspect you'll meet your match against Northeastern in the tourney Finals.
                      We dominated NE both times we played them this year (despite losing one of those games), they don't scare me. BC however does, their size is a factor, I wanted no part of them in the quarterfinals and was glad we played UNH. No offence, well, some offence, but not really. I saw both teams in person and I coached bantam teams that were bigger and more physical than UNH while guys like Cotton scare the ****e out of me.

Comment

You're pretty cocky for a school that hasn't won anything in...oh...that's "ever," right?
                        Isn't that a fan's job, to be cocky and confident? Especially for a team that you saw first hand is LOADED?

Comment

Isn't that a fan's job, to be cocky and confident? Especially for a team that you saw first hand is LOADED?
                          Whatever. I won't argue with you anymore. I have witnessed heavily favored teams suffer horrendous losses, but I'm sure you don't care.

Comment

We dominated NE both times we played them this year (despite losing one of those games), they don't scare me. BC however does, their size is a factor, I wanted no part of them in the quarterfinals and was glad we played UNH. No offence, well, some offence, but not really. I saw both teams in person and I coached bantam teams that were bigger and more physical than UNH while guys like Cotton scare the ****e out of me.
                            Lack of physicality at UNH has been a long-standing issue, which annoys the crap out of me, too.

Northeastern should scare the crap out of you. Best goalie in the league, and you guys are already down to your second-string goalie after the first-stringer pooped himself against the #8 seed. Lindberg bailed them out Friday night, and it looks like he's played well when called upon … but he's only been called upon against mostly lesser opponents, so now you either go back to a #1 guy whose confidence has to be shaky at best, or stick with your #2 guy for a series of elimination games from here on out.

In the meantime, the guy at the other end of the ice and his teammates have played (and won) the biggest games of their D-1 careers to date in that arena, with lots on the line. Hardly an ideal set-up for a top-seeded team looking to win league honors for the first time ever. But if UMass was "dominant" in a 2-1 OT loss at Mathews a few weekends before the Beanpot - which I sincerely have to question - the post-Beanpot NU looks to be an entirely different proposition.

Or you can keep whistling past the graveyard. Your choice. Just beat BC, and we are cool.

Comment

Obviously one of us saw that OT game at Mathews and one of us didn't. And the night before that loss we chased the "best goalie" back to the bench before the 2nd period was over so let's make sure we keep track of all the poopy pants out there. Our backup has a gold medal from the World Juniors so I'm not too worried about his lack of big game experience although if it was up to me I'd go back to Murray.

Comment

Whatever. I won't argue with you anymore. I have witnessed heavily favored teams suffer horrendous losses, but I'm sure you don't care.
                                We all have, haven't we? I'm guessing you are a Pats fan so you know what winning and losing as big underdog/favorite is all about. But your mistake is mistaking confidence for cockiness. I won't apologize for being confident about a team that has been a top team in the country for months, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X