UNH v UMass HE qtr Final Extraganza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH v UMass HE qtr Final Extraganza

Coach Souza in his presser today said Grasso is out for the remainder of the season, and that Justin Fregona had surgery on his ankle this week. Said 'we're not going down there to lose' while acknowledging how tough it will be given the opponent 'no one expects us to win and we're ok with that'. Anyway...almost game day!! Go 'Cats!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but the probable result looks like a no-brainer to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        I don't have a dog in the hunt, but the probable result looks like a no-brainer to me.
        Regardless...if we took it three that would be a great step in the right direction...! I’m just happy we are in. And...stranger things have happened! Go ‘Cats!

Comment

Winning just one means nothing. Just another meaningless consolation prize.

If anyone's thinking that on the bus ride out there, it's over, they should just stay home.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

If anyone's thinking that on the bus ride out there, it's over, they should just stay home.
            I hear that Chuck! And I would hope that's not on their minds...as Coach Souza said...'we're not going down there to lose'. Onward! I remember the PC series when that went to 3 games. Now, most believe PC would've been the 'better' draw, but, hey in all honesty, how many thought UNH would pull that out. Of course the rest is history...Hockey is a funny sport; turns on a dime. You never know.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              I hear that Chuck! And I would hope that's not on their minds...as Coach Souza said...'we're not going down there to lose'. Onward! I remember the PC series when that went to 3 games. Now, most believe PC would've been the 'better' draw, but, hey in all honesty, how many thought UNH would pull that out. Of course the rest is history...Hockey is a funny sport; turns on a dime. You never know.
              Am I (as Roger Clemens said) "misremembering," or haven't these quarterfinal round series been staggered in the past? You know, two series Thursday-Friday-Saturday and the other two Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Apparently they are all F-S-S this year? So when you add that to the numerous complaints we have been seeing on these threads about the inability to see the games, you have an even worse situation. For people who may want to follow more than one series, and if the only way to do that is attend in person, well, you can't be in two places at once.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Am I (as Roger Clemens said) "misremembering," or haven't these quarterfinal round series been staggered in the past? You know, two series Thursday-Friday-Saturday and the other two Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Apparently they are all F-S-S this year? So when you add that to the numerous complaints we have been seeing on these threads about the inability to see the games, you have an even worse situation. For people who may want to follow more than one series, and if the only way to do that is attend in person, well, you can't be in two places at once.
                hmm not sure on that...and in my reference to PC was referring to the 2015 series when UNH won it on OT on that Sunday. I'm going down to Amherst for the Fri/Sat game so in the event it does go 3, I wouldn't stay for the 3rd game due to the J.O.B. thingy Monday morning. With only a few seasons under my belt, I only remember the time we played (and lost, yucky series esp the third game but I'm not going to re hash the lousy officiating in that one) when we play MC Thurs, Sat and Sunday. But that was because MC was hosting a HE women's game there on Friday or something like that. (2016 season) Guess I'll be using my CHN app to follow the others!

Comment

New UNH fan here (well new to posting here, not new to being a fan of UNH, since 2010 back when I started there). This would be an odd year to jump on the "wagon" unlike the "minutewagon". I find this series interesting as I am from Western MA and grew up a UMass hockey fan. I remember the last time UMass was in the HE semis and lost to UNH in OT. I had tickets with family for the final the next night in hopes UMass would be there and was so mad they lost I didn't want to go but ended up going anyways. Obviously I became a UNH fan when I started there and am now rooting for the 'Cats, but would be happy for UMass if they win. May the best team (which is UMass clearly) win, but it is "march madness" so you never know!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Well i'm about to incur the wrath of Chuck. This just doesn't make sense. You have to win 1 before you can win the series and i doubt anyone is saying let's "just win one"!
                    And who was the individual saying over and over that UMass did not have experience in the tournament? Well this group from our school could certainly use the experience. and playing 3 games does mean having won 1 game. in my mind it isn't a meaningless consolation prize by any stretch of the imagination, it is more like a taste of what you want a team to have. Been close but not able to get the bone. You always hear teams saying we could taste it last year and don't want to be denied again. blah blah.

Comment

chickod your memory is fine, the last time that was the approach is the hard part. 5 - 10 years???? I believe it was a while ago, perhaps before ND's arrival. I'm not sure if it had to do with being able to see more, ie., the current Regional playoff structure or was more a facility availability thing.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        The solution of course is to go to one game and stream the other 3 on your phone! Just make sure the game you go to isn’t at Mullins. 4G sucks there.
                        #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                          Well i'm about to incur the wrath of Chuck. This just doesn't make sense. You have to win 1 before you can win the series and i doubt anyone is saying let's "just win one"!
                          And who was the individual saying over and over that UMass did not have experience in the tournament? Well this group from our school could certainly use the experience. and playing 3 games does mean having won 1 game. in my mind it isn't a meaningless consolation prize by any stretch of the imagination, it is more like a taste of what you want a team to have. Been close but not able to get the bone. You always hear teams saying we could taste it last year and don't want to be denied again. blah blah.
                          Agreed. And, I will up the ante by suggesting that if we simply do not get blown out in two games would be an improvement over our earlier two games this season against the minutewagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Agreed. And, I will up the ante by suggesting that if we simply do not get blown out in two games would be an improvement over our earlier two games this season against the minutewagon.
                            Since I'm in a fiesty mood (because it's been almost a year since the last playoffs and I'm excited), I could really start a controversy by referring to Flagship by their previous nickname...

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                              Agree with you also!
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

The series from a UMass perspective:

https://dailycollegian.com/2019/03/t...quarterfinals/

Comment

Working...
                                X