Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH v UMass HE qtr Final Extraganza

Originally posted by sonar View Post
    I think perhaps your point lies elsewhere ..........
    UMass: 18 wins
    UNH: 8 wins

At some point the programs may converge...but since this is a small sample size (2 out of 3), I doubt you will see any effect in that short of a time span. And by the same token, that's exactly the reason why statistics DON'T apply in a short series, because the sample size is so small. If they played 10 times, they might win...oh, wait.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
      No, I do not get your point because as a statistician I included the 2nd sentence in my original post. "Of course athletic teams are not coins and events are complex." I think perhaps your point lies elsewhere ..........
      You can always do a one-way analysis of variance (or as we used to call it in school [which shows how long ago I was in school], a "One-Way Chevy Anova"). [That's just a tiny little math joke...]
      Last edited by chickod; 03-15-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        See, here's the thing. Will this weekend be the end of the season for UMass? No.
        One never knows. Desperate times call for desperate measures! (Don't mind me...I'm a little giddy. I haven't been to a game in awhile). I will be rooting for the Wildcats (definition of rooting: Actually having a pulse, standing up and yelling when my team scores and not sitting on my hands half asleep) and hope they can win. As I have said many times, it would be great to see them back at the Garden. And, like BU last year, it's their only path into the dance. And as "they" say, "That's why they play the games!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          I'm tired of playing the long game (and yeah, I know, reality is it takes time), and it's the only time of the season when a single big weekend can make a real difference in the trajectory of your program. It's not like you're playing against a Walshy-coached team, or a Parker or York team in their primes. Opportunity knocks. If Souza doesn't have his guys flying from the outset for tomorrow's opener, he misses a really big chance to hang out the sign for everyone to see that it's not "business as usual" at UNH any more. There's a new sheriff in town, he breathes fire, and he plays to win. Go get 'em, MS7!!!
          I'm going with Chuck here and jumping on this theme. Why can't MS7 come out blazing and send UMass packing. Are we so use to the DU era that we can't imagine such an outcome? Why not Mike, why not this team? Go shock the hockey world (ok, at least the Hockey East world) and get back to the Garden. Thanks, done with my cheerleading!
          GO BLUE!

Comment

Well...6:45 and hardly anybody here. Maybe they will all come in at the last minute? There IS heavy security...like going through TSA at an airport.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Well...6:45 and hardly anybody here. Maybe they will all come in at the last minute? There IS heavy security...like going through TSA at an airport.
              Like that at all of the games. With students away I imagine there will be plenty of locals and their families to fill up some seats.

Comment

Cats hanging in. Wide disparity in talent. UMass is much faster and more skilled. Cats are tentative and aren’t moving the puck quickly enough before they get trapped and turn it over or make an inaccurate pass. Tough time getting it out of their own end. Not sure what they can really do except try to steal one. Robinson has been solid and kept them in it.

Comment

Thought it was a respectable first. Dodged some major bullets and I can see why UMass is tough in the PP. Crookshank Gildon Wyse playjng well early on loved the Nazarian hustle to draw that penalty.

Go ‘Cats!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Thought it was a respectable first. Dodged some major bullets and I can see why UMass is tough in the PP. Crookshank Gildon Wyse playjng well early on loved the Nazarian hustle to draw that penalty.

Go ‘Cats!
                    Where are you? Did you move? Looked for you...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Cats hanging in. Wide disparity in talent. UMass is much faster and more skilled. Cats are tentative and aren’t moving the puck quickly enough before they get trapped and turn it over or make an inaccurate pass. Tough time getting it out of their own end. Not sure what they can really do except try to steal one. Robinson has been solid and kept them in it.
                      Hey moved my seat up in S for the second....Can see the entire ice from here...
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Really? That's strange...I have not experienced that.
                        Only one bar cell signal in northern Cow Hampsha.

Hey, what did MR do to get a minor for hooking?

Comment

• Re: UNH v UMass HE qtr Final Extraganza

Wooo ‘Cats...but Nazarian is def injured...
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Crookshank makes it 2-0!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Completely different UNH tram so far. Playing confident and fast. Amazing what a goal will do.

Comment

What say e.cat about SOG differential after two?

Comment

Working...
                                X