Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH v UMass HE qtr Final Extraganza

Originally posted by SJGMoney View Post
    First time poster, long time lurker (the BU and BC threads have been god's gift to entertainment this year). Just had to step in to correct an egregious mistake, resume your cheerleading.
    UMass' record in their first 9 games against ranked opposition: 7-2-0
    UMass' record in their last 3 games against ranked opposition: 0-3-0

The UConn loss this past weekend was probably equally irrelevant as the win over UMaine was.

You don't get to "act like you've been there before", when you haven't been there before.

Welcome to the boards as an active poster. We need more folks like you on the MinuteWagon.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Looks like we picked the wrong season(s) to quit being ranked.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

The UConn loss this past weekend was probably equally irrelevant as the win over UMaine was.

You don't get to "act like you've been there before", when you haven't been there before.

Welcome to the boards as an active poster. We need more folks like you on the MinuteWagon.
        I assume two of those losses were to Lowell. And unfortunately, it seems like UMass can’t beat Bazin. The other loss was a close one on the road to PC. No shame in that. Weirdly enough, UMass probably played their best game of the series in the PC loss. Sometimes the team that plays the best doesn’t win, and a strong argument could be made that the team that played the best lost all three of games in the PC-UMass season series.

Unless the Wildcats are borrowing Riverhawks jerseys I’m not gonna worry about those.

This is also as a side note a weird position for UMass. First time ever the QF aren’t do or die. If we’re gonna lose hopefully it’s this week or next. If there’s anything we’ve learned from UNH it’s that this isn’t the important tournament.
        #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
          This is also as a side note a weird position for UMass. First time ever the QF aren’t do or die. If we’re gonna lose hopefully it’s this week or next. If there’s anything we’ve learned from UNH it’s that this isn’t the important tournament.
          Fair enough, all around (my points precisely). Hoping UNH can get your losses out of the way early.

Comment

Just wanted to mention that Minutemen HAVE lost at home this season.......once.

Comment

That’s a good point, and maybe cause for concern moving forward. Last games on the larger ice surface this season.
              #NewMass

Comment

… and then there were three.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                  That’s a good point, and maybe cause for concern moving forward. Last games on the larger ice surface this season.
                  Y'all play on the big ice, too? You have no chance in the playoffs. Season over. Seriously. Read our thread.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    Y'all play on the big ice, too? You have no chance in the playoffs. Season over. Seriously. Read our thread.
                    Mullins is 200x95. There’s been success on the small ice this year too. Coach Carvel’s has been know to have the team practice at Amherst College, which has smaller ice.
                    #NewMass

Comment

Is the game going to be televised? I'll be there but didn't see that when I checked; is NESN picking it up or does UMass have a feed?
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Is the game going to be televised? I'll be there but didn't see that when I checked; is NESN picking it up or does UMass have a feed?
                        I’m pretty sure once the playoffs start Hockey East owns the rights. That means you will have to buy a “package” to see the games.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          I’m pretty sure once the playoffs start Hockey East owns the rights. That means you will have to buy a “package” to see the games.
                          Oh yeah that's right...had forgotten about that. Going to the BU v UML games?
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Oh yeah that's right...had forgotten about that. Going to the BU v UML games?
                            Not sure yet. I might wait for a Game 3...I've got a bunch of stuff going on and, to be honest, I'm not real excited about this team (yes, that makes me a fair-weather fan, but after 49 years I guess I'm spoiled). But good luck...hope the Wildcats play well! i'd love to go to the Garden again but I don't like going as a "neutral" observer...I need a team to cheer for.
                            Last edited by chickod; 03-11-2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

So if we played against 9 ranked teams in the second half we'd go 0-9 I guess lol. Try watching the games with your eyes open, I've found that it helps.

As for Maine/UConn, if you can't tell the difference between completely dusting a decent HE team and playing all three goalies in a game of no consequence than I'm sorry, I can't help you.

Comment

Originally posted by SJGMoney View Post
                                As for Maine/UConn, if you can't tell the difference between completely dusting a decent HE team and playing all three goalies in a game of no consequence than I'm sorry, I can't help you.
                                OK, I'll play … of exactly what consequence was the UMass-UMaine game?

"Playoff seeding" would be an incredibly weak answer, but I think that's all you'll have ...

Comment

Working...
                                X