X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CKrouth
    replied
    Originally posted by Suze View Post
    The WCHA used to make refs view the Friday night game before officiating the Saturday night game. And then they had to view the Saturday game as well. Does the league still require this?
    Yes, they all review video Saturday morning. Im sure they do the same for Saturday games. Mr. Shepard works with them all throughout the week. The league also sends guys to games for review in person, such as Shepard or a retired official.

Leave a comment:

• Laker Dude
    replied
    Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    After watching that travesty at BG tonight I have to agree it wasn’t well reffed. IMHO the refs in that game determined the outcome
    I am not surprised. Bowling Green is a bubble team and the league probably wants to help them get in tournament. The Northern fans may share your opinion after next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Not to mention that at the NCAA level, EVERY game is filmed and a copy is provided for analysis... So yea, Greg knows exactly what is going on with officials in this league. And contrary to popular opinion, the officiating is fine...
    The WCHA used to make refs view the Friday night game before officiating the Saturday night game. And then they had to view the Saturday game as well. Does the league still require this?

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

After watching that travesty at BG tonight I have to agree it wasn’t well reffed. IMHO the refs in that game determined the outcome

Leave a comment:

• Wi.Huskies Fan
    replied

My personal opinion....WCHA officiating SUCKS!

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    I’ve talked to him here several times over the past couple years. Also at Ferris, Tech and a couple others.
    Not to mention that at the NCAA level, EVERY game is filmed and a copy is provided for analysis... So yea, Greg knows exactly what is going on with officials in this league. And contrary to popular opinion, the officiating is fine...

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    Does he even ever attend any of the WCHA games outside of Mankato?
    I’ve talked to him here several times over the past couple years. Also at Ferris, Tech and a couple others.

Leave a comment:

• Laker Dude
    replied

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    The WCHA needs to fire Greg Shepherd, what a disgrace. All season, the reffing on both sides of each WCHA game is atrocious.

The Div 1 players deserve so much better....
    Does he even ever attend any of the WCHA games outside of Mankato?

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    The WCHA needs to fire Greg Shepherd, what a disgrace. All season, the reffing on both sides of each WCHA game is atrocious.

Considering that fans gripe about PeeWee refs, high school refs, refs in Juniors, college refs, minor league refs and NHL refs too, where will we find a system that makes fans happy? Or even on that makes them complain less?

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

NMU closes out the Home sweep of Night 1....

All 4 games were competitive. It's cliche but someone will have an upset tomorrow. So who's going to drop the ball tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• bose301s
    replied

+1

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

And the least they can do, if they’re going to be terrible, is to be quick. I’m so tired of the endless huddles.

Leave a comment:

• Huskiefan906
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

So far...

- LSSU was shaky to start, but they got the W.
    - BGSU beats Tech 3-2...
    - MSU-M 3-1 over UAH
    - NMU/Alaska currently playing 2OT...

Wheeee! My liver hurts

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Come on! We have to have a playoff thread, don't we?

Anyway, some interesting numbers concerning who's "coming in hot."

Second Half of the Season records
    Kato 11-2-1
    LSSU 9-4-1
    NMU 8-4-2
    UAF 8-5-1
    BGSU 7-5-2
    BSU 6-5-3
    Tech 4-8-2
    UAH 4-8-2
    Ferris 4-8-2
    UAA 1-11-2

I know, I know. Some teams played twice in the second half, some not at all, but take it for what it is. And a special word of caution to Northern. That's not your normal #7 seed coming to town.
    I’m certain the coaching staff and players are well aware of the team they are facing. They also recall going to game 3 after blowing out #7 Huntsville last year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X