Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA Playoff Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I disagree with almost all of this assertion. Tech never goes in to pick a fight, but if the other team does we respond aggressively. Blaming one person is ignorant.
    So, chasing a player from the crease to the blue line to deliver a cross-check well after the whistle isn't looking to start a fight? Play is over and players are skating to the bench for a line change. Happened multiple times Saturday night.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

      Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
      One of your players attempted to pick a fight with Mitch McLain last year because your bench didn’t like something he said to them. That’s the same season your head coach put his hands on an opposing player and apologized for doing so after the fact. I’m not saying you’re a bunch of goons, but be realistic. Hockey is an aggressive sport and every team loses it at times.
      later video showed our coach never touched your player. your assistant coach went after our head coach then your head coach joined in and had our coach in a head lock.
      He apologized for being part of the mayhem, not for causing it.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

      Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        later video showed our coach never touched your player. your assistant coach went after our head coach then your head coach joined in and had our coach in a head lock.
        He apologized for being part of the mayhem, not for causing it.
        You’ll have to excuse me because I’ve only been around BG hockey for 16 years, but I can’t remember a moment where a Bowling Green coach touched an opposing player?

        However, here is video that shows Shawhan with a big fist full of the ASU’s player sweater as he’s getting pulled back by Powers.

        https://youtu.be/BzQjXZAU4v0

        Again, not saying Tech is the new Charlestown Chiefs. But to claim they’re NEVER the aggressor is laughable.
        Last edited by BGDrew; 03-12-2019, 12:55 AM.
        Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

          Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
          So, chasing a player from the crease to the blue line to deliver a cross-check well after the whistle isn't looking to start a fight? Play is over and players are skating to the bench for a line change. Happened multiple times Saturday night.
          I should probably fix you up with my EX wife. You'd get along great.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

          It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I should probably fix you up with my EX wife. You'd get along great.
            She ask questions you don't want to answer also?

            It'll be sad to see this growing rivalry end when the conference moves happen.

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

              In the long, storied, 2 year history of the current WCHA playoff format, Tech has been the only champion. So, time to crown a new king!

              Northern and Bowling Green have each reached the finals in the first 2 years, and one will again this year. MSU has twice been eliminated in the semifinals by a team from the UP. Here's hoping that streak ends!

              Best of luck to all. Hoping for an exciting weekend of hockey!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                One of your players attempted to pick a fight with Mitch McLain last year because your bench didn’t like something he said to them. That’s the same season your head coach put his hands on an opposing player and apologized for doing so after the fact. I’m not saying you’re a bunch of goons, but be realistic. Hockey is an aggressive sport and every team loses it at times.
                Honestly I would be more upset if no one called McLain out for trolling the bench, not a big deal, there was no fight, as for ASU at the whistle of the third period loss Johnny Walker decides to light up a Tech player after talking yacking at the bench all night. That was the spark there. I guess I will get the stream this is too much fun debating two sides to each story.....
                Last edited by Huskiefan906; 03-12-2019, 06:51 PM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  In the long, storied, 2 year history of the current WCHA playoff format, Tech has been the only champion. So, time to crown a new king!

                  Northern and Bowling Green have each reached the finals in the first 2 years, and one will again this year. MSU has twice been eliminated in the semifinals by a team from the UP. Here's hoping that streak ends!

                  Best of luck to all. Hoping for an exciting weekend of hockey!
                  Amen! I want to see what next weekend’s crowd would look like if the Mavs host the Final. Should be a really fun atmosphere this weekend, can’t imagine next weekend.
                  AF 99

                  M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

                    Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Amen! I want to see what next weekend’s crowd would look like if the Mavs host the Final. Should be a really fun atmosphere this weekend, can’t imagine next weekend.
                    I'd be much more interested in seeing what the atmosphere would be like at either Bowling Green or Northern myself...
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

                    Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

                      Originally posted by Deman View Post
                      I'd be much more interested in seeing what the atmosphere would be like at either Bowling Green or Northern myself...
                      Y'all should come to NMU.... Last years game was a ton of fun until the end
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                      Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                      Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                      Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

                        It would be extremely funny if BG finished 14 in the pairwise or maybe 15 but was knocked out by LSSU who wins the playoff tourney.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                        It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

                          Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          It would be extremely funny if BG finished 14 in the pairwise or maybe 15 but was knocked out by LSSU who wins the playoff tourney.
                          Ha.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

                            Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            It would be extremely funny if BG finished 14 in the pairwise or maybe 15 but was knocked out by LSSU who wins the playoff tourney.
                            Keep going, I'm almost there.
                            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

                            Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              It would be extremely funny if BG finished 14 in the pairwise or maybe 15 but was knocked out by LSSU who wins the playoff tourney.
                              I was playing around with the CHN predictor earlier and thought of that exact scenario. This season has been fun. Hoping it keeps going.

                              I don’t know which Laker team is going to show up. The road warrior team that frustrated the Mavs and shut them out or the too aggressive team that gave up lots of odd man rushes and 5 goals.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: WCHA Playoff Thread

                                Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                It would be extremely funny if BG finished 14 in the pairwise or maybe 15 but was knocked out by LSSU who wins the playoff tourney.
                                BG currently at 13 in the PWR. Sorry LSSU disappointed.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X