2019 B1G Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 B1G Tournament

Sounds like a really great tournament scenario, actually. Considering usually half+ the teams are in regardless and have nothing to play for besides potential seeding. If it were in my town I’d go to the B1G tournament for sure
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      You can't have a post with all caps, unless you do some finagling.
      NO one does OH-IO lower case - against the rules!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
        Sounds like a really great tournament scenario, actually. Considering usually half+ the teams are in regardless and have nothing to play for besides potential seeding. If it were in my town I’d go to the B1G tournament for sure
        We're doing on individual on campus tournament games now. Seeds 2,3 & 4 host 7, 6 & 5 with #1 seed first round bye.
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-01-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          I haven't taken the time to figure out all the possibilities of who has to do what to host a first round. The way my week's gone I'd get it wrong and have to face the embarrassment of being corrected by another forum member.
          I forgot to bring all the possibilities with me but here are some of them

Here is where each team can finish:
          Michigan 2-6
          Minnesota 3-4
          Notre Dame 2-5
          Penn State 2-6
          Wisconsin 5-7
          Michigan State- 6-7

Michigan-
          2nd place- Earn more points than ND. The Irish have the 1st tie breaker with Michigan(More league wins)
          3rd place- Earn 3 points or more but the same amount of points as ND
          4th place- 1 point or less and ND gets 4 points or more from Penn state.
          5th place- lose 2 and Penn State gets less than 2 points from ND
          6th palce- Lose 2 and Penn State wins 1

Minnesota-
          3rd place-Michigan loses 2 games and ND gets less than 3 points Penn State does not win in regulation or 5 on 5 OT( all 3 would have 36 points but Minnesota would have 11 league wins)
          4th place- Both ND and Michigan earn 3 or more points.

Notre Dame-
          2nd place- Earn the same amount of points as Michigan
          3rd place- Earn at least 3 points but less than Michigan
          4th place- split with Penn State and Michigan gets 4 or more points
          5th place- Earn 2 points or less and Michigan gets 3 points

Penn State-
          2nd place- 5 Points or more and Michigan earns 2 or less
          3rd place- 4 points or more (with 1 regulation or 5 on 5 OT win) and michigan earns 2 points or less(they own 1st tie breaker)
          4th place- 4 points (2 wins in 3 on 3 or shootout) and Michigan earns 3 points or more(they would tie Minnesota with 36 points but only have 10 league wins)
          5th place- lose 2 and Wisconsin wins 1 or gets swept or Split with ND

Wisconsin-
          5th place- Sweep Michigan and Penn State is swept by ND. They win 2nd tie breaker with Michigan with better win percentage in season series
          6th place- Michigan State gets swept and Wisconsin loses 1 or gets swept
          7th place- Michigan State earns 2 more points than Wisconsin

Michigan State-
          6th place- Earn 2 more points than Wisconsin
          7th place- Earn less points than Wisconsin
          Last edited by klbaum1077; 03-01-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            I forgot to bring all the possibilities with me but here are some of them

Here is where each team can finish:
            Michigan 2-6
            Minnesota 3-4
            Notre Dame 2-5
            Penn State 2-6
            Wisconsin 5-7
            Michigan State- 6-7

Michigan-
            2nd place- Earn more points than ND. The Irish have the 1st tie breaker with Michigan(More league wins)
            3rd place- Earn the same amount of points as ND
            4th place- 1 point or less and ND gets 4 points or more from Penn state.
            5th place- lose 2 and Penn State gets less than 2 points from ND
            6th palce- Lose 2 and Penn State wins 1

Minnesota-
            3rd place-Michigan loses 2 games and ND gets less than 3 points Penn State does not win in regulation or 5 on 5 OT( all 3 would have 36 points but Minnesota would have 11 league wins)
            4th place- Both ND and Michigan earn 3 or more points.

Notre Dame-
            2nd place- Earn the same amount of points as Michigan
            3rd place- Earn at least 3 points but less than Michigan
            4th place- split with Penn State and Michigan gets 4 or more points
            5th place- Earn 2 points or less and Michigan gets 3 points

Penn State-
            2nd place- 5 Points or more and Michigan earns 2 or less
            3rd place- 4 points or more (with 1 regulation or 5 on 5 OT win) and michigan earns 2 points or less(they own 1st tie breaker)
            4th place- 4 points (2 wins in 3 on 3 or shootout) and Michigan earns 3 points or more(they would tie Minnesota with 36 points but only have 10 league wins)
            5th place- lose 2 and Wisconsin wins 1 or gets swept or Split with ND

Wisconsin-
            5th place- Sweep Michigan and Penn State is swept by ND. They win 2nd tie breaker with Michigan with better win percentage in season series
            6th place- Michigan State gets swept and Wisconsin loses 1 or gets swept
            7th place- Michigan State earns 2 more points than Wisconsin

Michigan State-
            6th place- Earn 2 more points than Wisconsin
            7th place- Earn less points than Wisconsin
            As Bugs Bunny would say "Confusing, ain't it?"

Comment

As Bugs Bunny would say "Confusing, ain't it?"
              should be a fun weekend for everyone

Comment

I believe the Badgers can get 4th with a sweep of Michigan and a Notre Dame 5-6 point weekend. We would have the tie breaker over Michigan, but not Penn State or Notre Dame, if I understand correctly.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

There's only one thing left to do. Win. The. Whole. Damn. Thing.

Signed,
                  tArrogance
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Very exciting night all the way around the conference.

Well… in West Bend and Madison anyway.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Michigan State at Notre Dame match-up is set.

I think there are still a million scenarios for 3-6, so a lot of drama left tomorrow.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

There are still 16 scenarios at play here, based on the WI-MI and ND-PSU results tomorrow.

If WI wins in reg/OT and…
                        … ND wins in reg/OT: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.WI 5.MI 6.PSU 7.MSU
                        … ND wins in 3x3/SO: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.WI 5.MI 6.PSU 7.MSU
                        … PSU wins in 3x3/SO: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.PSU? 5.WI? 6.MI? 7.MSU. No idea how these tie breakers work if WI, MI and PSU are all even on points.
                        … PSU wins in reg/OT: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.PSU 5.WI 6.MI 7.MSU

If WI wins in 3x3/SO and…
                        … ND wins in reg/OT: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.MI 5.WI 6.PSU 7.MSU
                        … ND-PSU goes to 3x3/SO: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.MI 5.PSU 6.WI 7.MSU
                        … PSU wins in reg/OT: Same as if that game goes to 3x3 shootout. Unless PSU wins the tiebreaker with MI, then switch them around.

If MI wins in 3x3/SO:
                        Because I think MN has the tiebreaker over MI and OSU is the tiebreaker over WI, all scenarios here lead to
                        1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.MI 5.PSU 6.WI 7.MSU

If MI wins in reg/OT and…
                        I think all scenarios for ND-PSU here lead to:
                        1.OSU 2.ND 3.MI 4.MN 5.PSU 6.WI 7.MSU
                        Unless PSU wins in reg/OT. Not sure who has the tie breaker between ND and MI if they’re even on points. Maybe switch them.

If I’ve done this right, then one interesting thing to note is that there is no scenario that gives us a MN-WI first round series, but there might be one that gives us MI-MSU in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          I believe the Badgers can get 4th with a sweep of Michigan and a Notre Dame 5-6 point weekend. We would have the tie breaker over Michigan, but not Penn State or Notre Dame, if I understand correctly.
                          yes i forgot about that one

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            There are still 16 scenarios at play here, based on the WI-MI and ND-PSU results tomorrow.

If WI wins in reg/OT and…
                            … ND wins in reg/OT: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.WI 5.MI 6.PSU 7.MSU
                            … ND wins in 3x3/SO: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.WI 5.MI 6.PSU 7.MSU
                            … PSU wins in 3x3/SO: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.PSU? 5.WI? 6.MI? 7.MSU. No idea how these tie breakers work if WI, MI and PSU are all even on points.
                            … PSU wins in reg/OT: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.PSU 5.WI 6.MI 7.MSU

If WI wins in 3x3/SO and…
                            … ND wins in reg/OT: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.MI 5.WI 6.PSU 7.MSU
                            … ND-PSU goes to 3x3/SO: 1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.MI 5.PSU 6.WI 7.MSU
                            … PSU wins in reg/OT: Same as if that game goes to 3x3 shootout. Unless PSU wins the tiebreaker with MI, then switch them around.

If MI wins in 3x3/SO:
                            Because I think MN has the tiebreaker over MI and OSU is the tiebreaker over WI, all scenarios here lead to
                            1.OSU 2.ND 3.MN 4.MI 5.PSU 6.WI 7.MSU

If MI wins in reg/OT and…
                            I think all scenarios for ND-PSU here lead to:
                            1.OSU 2.ND 3.MI 4.MN 5.PSU 6.WI 7.MSU
                            Unless PSU wins in reg/OT. Not sure who has the tie breaker between ND and MI if they’re even on points. Maybe switch them.

If I’ve done this right, then one interesting thing to note is that there is no scenario that gives us a MN-WI first round series, but there might be one that gives us MI-MSU in the first round.
                            Michigan and State can not meet in the 1st round but Minnesota and Wisconsin can If Wisconsin gets 1 point and(Michigan would end up with 36 and Minnesota owns the first tie breaker) that would give Wisconsin 6th place no matter what Penn State does because Penn State even if they lose would and end up with 32 points would have the 1st tie breaker with Wisconsin. It would end up like this
                            Ohio State
                            ND
                            Minnesota
                            Michigan
                            Penn State
                            Wisconsin
                            Michigan state

Comment

#2 Notre Dame hosts #7 Michigan State
                              #3 Minnesota hosts #6 Michigan
                              #4 Penn State hosts #5 Wisconsin.

That 3rd period last night between Wisconsin & Michigan erupted into a full blown melee, I can only imagine how intense the tournament will be with everyone in the first round facing the end of their season with a loss!

Comment

#2 Notre Dame hosts #7 Michigan State
                                #3 Minnesota hosts #6 Michigan
                                #4 Penn State hosts #5 Wisconsin.

That 3rd period last night between Wisconsin & Michigan erupted into a full blown melee, I can only imagine how intense the tournament will be with everyone in the first round facing the end of their season with a loss!
                                I got all home teams which sends penn state to columbus.

Comment

Working...
                                X