• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Re: 2019 B1G Tournament

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Why don't you guys just get your own arena?
    Every time that topic comes up every Ohio State fan here has conflicting opinions on how big or small it should be. It never ends!
    Supposedly they had a long term plan on a new sports complex but it would involve tearing down multiple buildings including St.John Arena which nobody wants to see go!

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Originally posted by Maznblu View Post
    Unbelievable that none of the first round games are on BTN television. What's the point of having your own network if you can't show playoff games? Thankfully our series is covered by the Fox Sports.
    The Big Ten hasn't been a positive for college hockey overall.

They don't show more games because no one watches, except probably us Gopher fans.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    We the fans want one but the university says no funds

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    It could get glitched because of Ohio State.
    If OSU wins their 2nd round game they'll host the title game the following Sunday. It has to be Sunday because they rent their arena out for state high school basketball & wresting tournaments.
    That kind of screws things up delaying the selection show doesn't it?
    Yes the selection show has been pushed back to 7

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by Maznblu View Post
    Unbelievable that none of the first round games are on BTN television. What's the point of having your own network if you can't show playoff games? Thankfully our series is covered by the Fox Sports.
    BTN has the womens basketball tournament this weekend

Leave a comment:

• Maznblu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Potential game on Selection Sunday because Big Ten.
    It could get glitched because of Ohio State.
    If OSU wins their 2nd round game they'll host the title game the following Sunday. It has to be Sunday because they rent their arena out for state high school basketball & wresting tournaments.
    That kind of screws things up delaying the selection show doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Potential game on Selection Sunday because Big Ten.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Tournament TV schedule out.

http://btn.com/2019/03/04/2019-big-t...verage-on-btn/

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    The WCHA could also have an upset winner. The others all have multiple top ten PWR teams, and are more top-heavy so I doubt it’ll be more than that.
    Yea BG or Northern I could see either of them winning the WCHA

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    14 would be a safe bet. We already know that 16 will go to the ah champ. I'm not sure we see another team like princeton get hot and win like last year. The thing that probably would knock them out is if another team besides ohio state wins the big ten.
    The WCHA could also have an upset winner. The others all have multiple top ten PWR teams, and are more top-heavy so I doubt it’ll be more than that.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Might be. I’m guessing we see 2-3 conference champs outside of the top 16 PWR.

A team sitting at 15-16 doesn’t have to move a lot, and we saw a lot of movement in the BTHC after this weekend alone.
    14 would be a safe bet. We already know that 16 will go to the ah champ. I'm not sure we see another team like princeton get hot and win like last year. The thing that probably would knock them out is if another team besides ohio state wins the big ten.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    The only result that would surprise me is Sparty advancing over the Irish.

It’s a fool who tries to predict what the hell the Badgers, Gophers, Wolverines, and Enablers will do on any given night.
    Surprisingly, despite the 0-3-1 record, ND is the team we’ve controlled play against the most. One blow out loss, but between the two games at Munn and the tie I think we hit seven posts? Even in the 6-3 loss we put up 50 shots and outshot them by 20-something.

Not expecting a series win, but I think we’re due for at least one against the Irish.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Might be. I’m guessing we see 2-3 conference champs outside of the top 16 PWR.

A team sitting at 15-16 doesn’t have to move a lot, and we saw a lot of movement in the BTHC after this weekend alone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X