UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    He might, but not in a 2 of 3. During last night's broadcast they mentioned that UMA has the top 3 scorers in HEA with Makar, the top scorer, being a defenseman. They also have the 5th top scorer. Pritchard is a Senior, the rest are Sophomores.
    Maybe all of Flagship's high-scoring sophomores will turn pro at the end of this season, a la BC and BU?

Comment

Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Maybe all of Flagship's high-scoring sophomores will turn pro at the end of this season, a la BC and BU?
      I had the same thought until I realized that BU and BC also have/had a ton of those players but they haven't won. Maybe the coaching has something to do with it? Is Carvel a hidden gem? If so, this post-season will tell if he's the next big name to come out of the coaching ranks. If Flagship gets to the Frozen Four, he won't be able to hide anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        I had the same thought until I realized that BU and BC also have/had a ton of those players but they haven't won. Maybe the coaching has something to do with it? Is Carvel a hidden gem? If so, this post-season will tell if he's the next big name to come out of the coaching ranks. If Flagship gets to the Frozen Four, he won't be able to hide anymore...
        I really don’t know Jack about Greg Carvel but it’s pretty amazing what he’s done in just 3 short years. Of course it helps to have some mega amazing players like Makar, Leonard et al. He has my nod for the Penrose (Maybe too lofty a prediction) but at least HE COTY.

I have a lot of respect for the guy and not only that...UMass’ AD Ryan Bamford ( his dad was the AD at PSU and then head of the ECAC) who went out of his way on social media circles to promote his new coach and emergent hockey program...And my last comment wasn’t he highly respected at St Lawrence?
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-09-2019, 08:25 AM.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          I really don’t know Jack about Greg Carvel but it’s pretty amazing what he’s done in just 3 short years. Of course it helps to have some mega amazing players like Makar, Leonard et al. He has my nod for the Penrose (Maybe too lofty a prediction) but at least HE COTY.

I have a lot of respect for the guy and not only that...UMass’ AD Ryan Blamford (if I have that name right believe his dad was the AD at PSU and then head of the ECAC??) who went out of his way on social media circles to promote his new coach and emergent hockey program...And my last comment wasn’t he highly respected at St Lawrence?
          I think it is about the facilities and resources. It took time, which is weird other coaches couldn't take advantage of it... never the less they have a good coach matched with state funded resources... wish Maine could fund a program this way.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            I think it is about the facilities and resources. It took time, which is weird other coaches couldn't take advantage of it... never the less they have a good coach matched with state funded resources... wish Maine could fund a program this way.
            Again not knowing anything about the inner workings of the UMass hockey resources but somehow I’m doubting they are not extraordinary even tho they are the “Flagship”.... And some on this board would be happy to debate the merit a fancy locker room and player lounges ultimately have on a programs success. To me coaching is far more important than how many flat screen tvs one has....

Comment

Again not knowing anything about the inner workings of the UMass hockey resources but somehow I’m doubting they are not extraordinary even tho they are the “Flagship”.... And some on this board would be happy to debate the merit a fancy locker room and player lounges ultimately have on a programs success. To me coaching is far more important than how many flat screen tvs one has....
              If you can fly anywhere and fly your assistants anywhere... that means a lot. It is all about your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                If you can fly anywhere and fly your assistants anywhere... that means a lot. It is all about your budget.
                So true in that regard!! I know we had one of our coaches head over seas this year..not sure (yet) what came of that but every bit helps!

Comment

While your prediction fell short it was a fun way to end the RS my e.cat friend! Looking forward to many more e.cat ! Hope the rest of the “winter” finds you well and that our ‘Cats make some noise....
                  Back atcha Ref
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                  X