UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Well, hockey is a crazy game. Something to play for tonight. A win would be nice. Give yourself a chance going into the third and have some fun!
    Game is on NESN at 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
      Game is on NESN at 7.
      Yeah. My TV is already locked and loaded
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

Yeah. My TV is already locked and loaded
        Gonna see it at Matthews...looking forward. Let's see what we can bring to the mix...go 'Cats!!!
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Gonna see it at Matthews...looking forward. Let's see what we can bring to the mix...go 'Cats!!!
          It's an interesting barn. Lots of history. Have fun ref!

Comment

Game is on NESN at 7.
            Sadly, I am out of NESN range. Go Cats!

Schneider or bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Sadly, I am out of NESN range. Go Cats!

Schneider or bust.
              If UNH can't manage a point tonight, earning a trip to PC, this game may be a good indication of how the UMass match-up might turn out. NU and UMass are pretty similar in terms of their style of play and what they want to do offensively...

Solid first period for UNH. They limited NU chances controlled pucks and generated some chances. They did this two weeks ago too - at times - but could not do so for a full 60 minutes. Doing so tonight could be a huge lift, win or lose...

More importantly, if UNH is going to have a chance tonight or at UMass they really need to make their chances count. They have to capitalize on odd-man rushes, dirty opportunities and PPs. On their first-period PP, UNH had a couple of late chances that never really materialized. They have to be more efficient than that...

First a wide shot barely cleared the zone, but was turned around quickly catching NU in a change. Unfortunately, two UNH forwards took their time clearing the zone and an odd-man rush turned into a dumped puck. Moments later Crookshank had the puck alone off a rush thru the slot and instead of shooting dropped a pass twenty feet backwards to his right for a much lower percentage opportunity...

PC, but especially NU and UMass, can score goals and UNH is going to have to cash their chances if they want to advance past the first round. The D and Robinson have been a strength all season - but relying too heavily on them this time of year won't work...
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

I like they are alert and getting pucks out wether chipping or quick passes. On offensive end they did well early but I can see the d men aren't pinching. But I think they are playing a very good game... just need to hit NU on their own weakness, catch that aggressive forecheck with a counter. Great up tempo game so far!

Comment

Well that escalated quickly and on the PK...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Well that escalated quickly and on the PK...
                    In addition to the two missed opportunities at the end of the first - UNH doesn't score on a huge Primeau mistake that sent the puck trickling across the goal mouth or a subsequent breakaway. In the meantime, NU has three...

Forget about the result of this game - win or lose UNH needs to score a couple of goals and get the monkey off their backs heading into the playoffs. Eight goals in the last six games, prior to tonight, and more of the same so far...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      In addition to the two missed opportunities at the end of the first - UNH doesn't score on a huge Primeau mistake that sent the puck trickling across the goal mouth or a subsequent breakaway. In the meantime, NU has three...

Forget about the result of this game - win or lose UNH needs to score a couple of goals and get the monkey off their backs heading into the playoffs. Eight goals in the last six games, prior to tonight, and more of the same so far...
                      UNH played fairly well in the first period but had nothing to show for it. That is a death knell when the #8 team is facing a NCAA tournament team. They had their chances, did not convert. NU scores three in the second, game over. On to UMass. Let’s hope Chuck knows more than we do.

Comment

I thought UNH gave it their all in the first. And there were 3 missed penalties in the first where UNH couldve gone on power play. But looked like refs let the boys play. But now they are calling it tight.

Comment

UNH played fairly well in the first period but had nothing to show for it. That is a death knell when the #8 team is facing a NCAA tournament team. They had their chances, did not convert. NU scores three in the second, game over. On to UMass. Let’s hope Chuck knows more than we do.
                          ...or this might be a case of, be careful what you wish for.

Comment

...or this might be a case of, be careful what you wish for.
                            While your prediction fell short it was a fun way to end the RS my e.cat friend! Looking forward to many more e.cat ! Hope the rest of the “winter” finds you well and that our ‘Cats make some noise....

Comment

16 - 3.

Tip our hats and call the Huskies our daddy.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

He might, but not in a 2 of 3. During last night's broadcast they mentioned that UMA has the top 3 scorers in HEA with Makar, the top scorer, being a defenseman. They also have the 5th top scorer. Pritchard is a Senior, the rest are Sophomores.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X