Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

    Nice 3 pt weekend ‘Cats!!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      And just like that, there's the tie. Now all we need is the win against NU. Should be a good one next Friday.
      And, the all-time season ties record in Hockey East! Not an easy accomplishment.

      Win against Fuskies next weekend would give Cats a >0.500 regular season record.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        And just like that, there's the tie. Now all we need is the win against NU. Should be a good one next Friday.
        e.cat if you pull this off I will personally name you the MVP of all posters for the 2018/19 season!!! 😉. Back to the game saw some decent work by Drew Hickey tonight. Playing without Wyse has not been easy and our 3 Freshman D men out in a solid weekend...
        Here we go 'Cats!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          e.cat if you pull this off I will personally name you the MVP of all posters for the 2018/19 season!!! 😉. Back to the game saw some decent work by Drew Hickey tonight. Playing without Wyse has not been easy and our 3 Freshman D men out in a solid weekend...
          It won't be easy but UNH will be motivated after last weekend. NU is playing for NCAA seeding at this point.
          GO BLUE/GO UNH

          COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            It won't be easy but UNH will be motivated after last weekend. NU is playing for NCAA seeding at this point.
            NU doesn't even have home ice in the quarters locked up yet, thanks to Kevin Sneddon handing BU a free win in Burlington last weekend they can still sneak up to 4. I would argue NU has more to play for than UNH, especially if UMass instills as little fear as this thread seems to think.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
              NU doesn't even have home ice in the quarters locked up yet, thanks to Kevin Sneddon handing BU a free win in Burlington last weekend they can still sneak up to 4. I would argue NU has more to play for than UNH, especially if UMass instills as little fear as this thread seems to think.
              The machinations of what if's are beyond my attention span at this point, but BU sneaking into 4 over NU doesn't pass the eye test! It might be mathmatically possible though as you say.

              There is only one UNH fan that posts here that wants to play UMASS in the tourney. No other UNH fan is looking past anyone.
              Last edited by e.cat; 03-03-2019, 03:41 PM.
              GO BLUE/GO UNH

              COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

                Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                There is only one UNH fan that posts here that wants to play UMASS in the tourney. No other UNH fan is looking past anyone.
                I don't think you're understanding me, e.cat. It's not a matter of "overlooking" anyone - UNH isn't even remotely good enough to be able to pull that little trick off.

                It's simply a matter of, UMass is enjoying some wonderful RS success this season (and good for them). But there's a HUGE difference between the RS and the postseason. I'm pretty sure, if you put your mind to it, you can think of another HE program that's enjoyed a boatload of RS success in the past, but constantly struggled to "seal the deal" in the postseason. It happens. UMass as a program has no history of postseason success, and as good a job as Coach Carvel has done to get them to where they are now, he also has a history of zero postseason success over the course of his career (UMass or SLU).

                If you want to wet your pants in fear of UMass in the HE Quarters, don't let me stop you.

                Where you see danger and no hope, I see a (potential) opportunity to do something great.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Chuck Murray
                  I don't think you're understanding me, e.cat. It's not a matter of "overlooking" anyone - UNH isn't even remotely good enough to be able to pull that little trick off.

                  It's simply a matter of, UMass is enjoying some wonderful RS success this season (and good for them). But there's a HUGE difference between the RS and the postseason. I'm pretty sure, if you put your mind to it, you can think of another HE program that's enjoyed a boatload of RS success in the past, but constantly struggled to "seal the deal" in the postseason. It happens. UMass as a program has no history of postseason success, and as good a job as Coach Carvel has done to get them to where they are now, he also has a history of zero postseason success over the course of his career (UMass or SLU).

                  If you want to wet your pants in fear of UMass in the HE Quarters, don't let me stop you.

                  Where you see danger and no hope, I see a (potential) opportunity to do something great.
                  I get that and agree with you that postseason play is a different animal. The opportunity will be there undoubtedly but how many times has an 8 upset a 1? Too lazy to look it up but my guess would be 0!!
                  GO BLUE/GO UNH

                  COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

                    Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    I get that and agree with you that postseason play is a different animal. The opportunity will be there undoubtedly but how many times has an 8 upset a 1? Too lazy to look it up but my guess would be 0!!
                    IIRC, Merrimack won 2 out of 3 at BU in '98.
                    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                    —H. L. Mencken

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                      IIRC, Merrimack won 2 out of 3 at BU in '98.
                      And then there was one, maybe
                      GO BLUE/GO UNH

                      COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

                        Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        And then there was one, maybe
                        I forget if Maine upset UNH once??? Can you recall that?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          I forget if Maine upset UNH once??? Can you recall that?
                          No, nay, never.... No may never no more....
                          GO BLUE/GO UNH

                          COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            I forget if Maine upset UNH once??? Can you recall that?
                            1998. But UNH wasn’t the top seed, BU was.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

                              UNH 1 seed, Maine 3 seed, BC 4 seed (won HEA tourney) at Anaheim FF in 1999, I think.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

                                Gotta love the UNH faithful. We're an honest bunch!
                                GO BLUE/GO UNH

                                COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X