X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

Well that escalated quickly and on the PK...

Leave a comment:

• BlackI
    replied

I like they are alert and getting pucks out wether chipping or quick passes. On offensive end they did well early but I can see the d men aren't pinching. But I think they are playing a very good game... just need to hit NU on their own weakness, catch that aggressive forecheck with a counter. Great up tempo game so far!

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Sadly, I am out of NESN range. Go Cats!

Schneider or bust.
    If UNH can't manage a point tonight, earning a trip to PC, this game may be a good indication of how the UMass match-up might turn out. NU and UMass are pretty similar in terms of their style of play and what they want to do offensively...

Solid first period for UNH. They limited NU chances controlled pucks and generated some chances. They did this two weeks ago too - at times - but could not do so for a full 60 minutes. Doing so tonight could be a huge lift, win or lose...

More importantly, if UNH is going to have a chance tonight or at UMass they really need to make their chances count. They have to capitalize on odd-man rushes, dirty opportunities and PPs. On their first-period PP, UNH had a couple of late chances that never really materialized. They have to be more efficient than that...

First a wide shot barely cleared the zone, but was turned around quickly catching NU in a change. Unfortunately, two UNH forwards took their time clearing the zone and an odd-man rush turned into a dumped puck. Moments later Crookshank had the puck alone off a rush thru the slot and instead of shooting dropped a pass twenty feet backwards to his right for a much lower percentage opportunity...

PC, but especially NU and UMass, can score goals and UNH is going to have to cash their chances if they want to advance past the first round. The D and Robinson have been a strength all season - but relying too heavily on them this time of year won't work...

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Game is on NESN at 7.
    Sadly, I am out of NESN range. Go Cats!

Schneider or bust.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Gonna see it at Matthews...looking forward. Let's see what we can bring to the mix...go 'Cats!!!
    It's an interesting barn. Lots of history. Have fun ref!

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Yeah. My TV is already locked and loaded
    Gonna see it at Matthews...looking forward. Let's see what we can bring to the mix...go 'Cats!!!

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Game is on NESN at 7.
    Yeah. My TV is already locked and loaded

Leave a comment:

• Greg Ambrose
    replied
    Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Well, hockey is a crazy game. Something to play for tonight. A win would be nice. Give yourself a chance going into the third and have some fun!
    Game is on NESN at 7.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied

Well, hockey is a crazy game. Something to play for tonight. A win would be nice. Give yourself a chance going into the third and have some fun!

Leave a comment:

• Greg Ambrose
    replied
    That is what I was thinking, and I ain't that young, and Dan is two hours earlier in his time zone.

Edit: Friars up 1-0 early in third.

Edit: make that 2-0.

Edit: now 3-0.

Assuming that Friars hold on for the W, it is all up to the Cats against Fuskies tomorrow night whether they want to visit Schneider or Mullin.
    Schneider should be the hope. PC has a problem scoring, especially at home where they have averaged two goals a game over the past month. I can recall at least a couple of times UNH going into Schneider in a best of three and advancing. So let’s get at least a tie tomorrow night.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    That is what I was thinking, and I ain't that young, and Dan is two hours earlier in his time zone.

Assuming that Friars hold on for the W, it is all up to the Cats against Fuskies tomorrow night whether they want to visit Schneider or Mullin.
    They do hold on - and seventh-place and a trip to PC is in play. Not sure why I worded it the way I did, game was over before I even got home. Basically a matinee...

Second-place is out for NU - but they still need at least a point to ensure themselves a third-place finish (without needing to wait on any help)...
    Last edited by Dan; 03-07-2019, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
    Or for the younger and/or more energetic crowd, before we go to bed!

Last edited by Snively65; 03-07-2019, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• d.gerry
    replied

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    BC @ PC tonight. So, we will know if there is anything to play for tomorrow when we wake up...
    Or for the younger and/or more energetic crowd, before we go to bed!

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Go Friars. BC SUCKS! SIEVE!

NBC Sports Boston.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gltxzzgGp1g

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    BC @ PC tonight. So, we will know if there is anything to play for tomorrow when we wake up...
    Go Friars. BC SUCKS! SIEVE!

NBC Sports Boston.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X