• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is not a great day to be a Seawolf

https://goseawolves.com/news/2020/8/...-programs.aspx

https://alaskananooks.com/news/2020/...athletics.aspx

Comment

I am trying to calm down before I fire emails to Sandeen and Myford.

Comment

The only way this gets reversed if there’s enough donors that a) refuse to donate any more and b) that total reaches $2.5 million.

The UA system finally gets what it wants: UAA being irrelevant.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Also, shoutout to those alumni players who helped raise money for Dunleavy. Really paying off now eh guys?
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

My condolences to the UAA fans. This is a dark day for the program, the school and the state. Really, for all of college hockey. I don't know what the feeling was up there, but hard to say this hasn't been coming since the governor tried to essentially kill public education, and the decision by the little-7 to abandon the Alaska and Alabama schools. Despite the statement, it is hard to see how UA continues to field a team without Anchorage.

Comment

I wouldn't be a college hockey fan today if I didn't follow UAA during my childhood on the Kenai Peninsula. I fell in love with college hockey because of UAA. I'm heartbroken. Assuming the season happens, I'm going to lose a childhood friend at the end of it.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Very disappointing. Seawolf (not hawks) fans condolences.
                Although our schools were rivals on the ice, I always enjoyed dialogues with the fans.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Very sad. The hockey world is a tight-knit group and we all hate to see this happen to any program. They probably could have cut elsewhere, but hockey is always the lazy choice for idiots.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Very sad. The hockey world is a tight-knit group and we all hate to see this happen to any program. They probably could have cut elsewhere, but hockey is always the lazy choice for idiots.
                    Safe to say that saving a lousy couple million on hockey won't close the $34MM budget gap. There will be a lot of deep cuts made in a lot of places, but none of that will be reported here.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

The long slow painful end has sadly arrived. First thanks to the current coaches and staff for taking a chance on UAA, second to the current roster, hope to see your hockey journey continue in the future. This whole debacle is just the real life definition of a clown show. Saving 2.5M? Stellar. Good luck Nooks, as there is no conference to play in for your future not certain UAF continues with athletics at all in the future. 60+ Billion in the bank and we look like a nickel looking for change.
                      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

This is terrible news for Anchorage, the state of Alaska, college hockey fans, and the college hockey world.

Comment

I'm sorry that this has happened, y'all.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

It has been a planned escape - first when there was no ice in the Alaska Airlines Center - followed by the move to Sports Center, which was inexplicably supported by some fans here.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about the fund raising effort? Or lack of.

Comment

Working...
                              X