• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonin21
    replied
    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Long time with no posts, considering season is finally approaching. (Will this message echo in here?) Anyone going to Duluth?
    Doing all three WCHA trips this year. Also traded in season tickets for the Premium aka WCHA aka games people want to go to package. So my ticket schedule so far is:
    @CC x2
    UMD/@UMD
    uw x2
    UND x2
    BSU/(SCSU or MNSU)
    @uw x2

Definitely excited

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

There's a thread for the new season.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I am

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Team Tria won the John Scott Cup on Wed. in the Da Beauty League. Try drinking champagne out of THAT trophy. Gopher players (left to right): Erik Haula, Justin Kloos, Justin Holl, Coach Ben Clymer, Aaron Ness and Casey Mittelstadt.

View image on Twitter

Erik Haula was voted the 2019 MVP (9-9-18). VGK and particularly Erik Haula fans were saddened by the trade that sent Haula to the Carolina Hurricanes for the upcoming NHL season which starts on Sept. 18. VIDEO The injury that inevitably sent Erik to the Canes > VIDEO

View image on Twitter
    Long time with no posts, considering season is finally approaching. (Will this message echo in here?) Anyone going to Duluth?

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied

Team Tria won the John Scott Cup on Wed. in the Da Beauty League. Try drinking champagne out of THAT trophy. Gopher players (left to right): Erik Haula, Justin Kloos, Justin Holl, Coach Ben Clymer, Aaron Ness and Casey Mittelstadt.

View image on Twitter

Erik Haula was voted the 2019 MVP (9-9-18). VGK and particularly Erik Haula fans were saddened by the trade that sent Haula to the Carolina Hurricanes for the upcoming NHL season which starts on Sept. 18. VIDEO The injury that inevitably sent Erik to the Canes > VIDEO

View image on Twitter

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I believe he has 2 years left.
    Correct and thanks, I became aware of that after reading the announcement of his addition to the roster in the Strib. Should be great competition to see who ultimately becomes No. 1 in goal.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Has there been a reason given why he would transfer for just one more year of eligibility after having to sit out a whole season?
    I believe he has 2 years left.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied

Motzko added LaFontaine to the roster yesterday > Article

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied

Has there been a reason given why he would transfer for just one more year of eligibility after having to sit out a whole season?
    LaFontaine's plan all along was to return to Michigan after going back to Juniors. The skunkbears informed him during the 2018-19 season that he was no longer in their plans (perhaps related to landing Portillo). So, he was forced to make alternate plans, and staying in the B1G gives him an opportunity to go on the vengeance/PPW tour.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

If you'd been a goalie at Michigan in recent years, you might also want to get out.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied

Not that I know of, but I was just looking around and didn't see him registered until yesterday, which is late given he gave a verbal commit in March I think. And he wasn't on the roster on the Gopher website.

Motzko mentioned he would let the three goalies fight it out in rotation. All three had great seasons last year. I like LaFontaine, a Hurricanes 3rd rounder in 2016 who had a breakout season and learned to use his NHL size and mobility really well with the Vees. He never really hit that level with the Wolverines in his freshman and sophomore seasons.

Last edited by SteveO; 08-20-2019, 07:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Suddenly less than 24 hours later, LaFontaine is registered. Haha...

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied

Suddenly less than 24 hours later, LaFontaine is registered. Haha...

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Strange. Classes start Sept. 3. Lafontaine would come in as a Junior with one final year of eligibility after this season. Late registration? Not recommended at the U and extremely rare with student-athletes. Let's see what happens. Looks like he didn't sign a NLI yet, he's a verbal.

We might be looking at 18 year-old Jerod Moe, Winnipeg Jets 6th rounder and SJHL goaltender Justen Close in a rotation this Fall.

Similar to Robson at 6’3″, 205 lbs, Moe was ranked 10th among North American netminders by NHL Central Scouting. Close, from Canada was a SJHL Goaltender Of The Year finalist last season and co-winner the year before. Robson was the first Canadian to be on the team since Kris Chucko (Burnaby BC) and Peter Kennedy (Brookfield/Truro NS) in 2006.
    Last edited by SteveO; 08-19-2019, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Doesn't look like it.

https://usearch.umn.edu/all-campuses...k%20Lafontaine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X