Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Well he wasn't very good and guessing he's not used to that.
    While a transfer will not magically transform him into "very good" maybe a change of scenery will help him become a better player. I was wondering if the Gopher coaching staff may have given him a little 'nudge' to seek greener pastures where he might get more icetime.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Comment

Any word when the big ten is supposed to announce the conference schedule? I'm assuming it's one day this week???

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

So what can someone tell me about this player?

Comment

That's a role player and a USHL captain, partially brought in to let Jack Jensen and Aaron Huglen both get a needed year of juniors.

Comment

When asked about next season's Gopher squad Motzko replied, "we'll be young and fun". Looking at the the backline, definitely young, but I'm not sure about the fun part. Returning D looks to me like Denman, Brinkman, Stucker, Rossini, Nanne. Staudacher, Johnson, Koster (?), Lacombe as incoming freshman?

Other than Nanne, Lacombe seems like he has some offensive D potential. Nanne will be the best Dman and I'm not a fan of how he plays D, although to be fair he did shut down the solo rink rushes and played better D in the second half last season. In net looks like Lafontaine, Close and Moe? Lafontaine is a B1G question mark for me.

Comment

• Interesting to see a Thanksgiving day/night game against UND. Ideas as to why they put this game on Thanksgiving rather than the Fri/sat of Thanksgiving weekend?
                Are there some other events on campus that Saturday they want to avoid overlapping with?
                Or was this done to limit the number of dirty UNDies traveling down from the frozen wasteland?
                A bit of a double edged sword if it's the latter, as they are (fat and smelly) butts in seats.

Comment

Gophers play Wisconsin in football at home that Saturday. Also there's plenty of NDSU alum in the TC already they don't need to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Gophers play Wisconsin in football at home that Saturday. Also there's plenty of NDSU alum in the TC already they don't need to travel.
                    The campus will be crawling with NoDak and Wisco people that weekend? I smell Apocalypse!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Figured as much, but it was fun to pretend the athletic Dept. Might actually consider doing something for reasons other than their bottom line.
                      And yeah there are still going to be plenty of the slack-jawed and fugly in green, but I suspect there will be fewer than if the games were Fri/Sat
                      Of course I think there will probably be marginally fewer Gopher fans as well, and the student section could be practically empty.

Comment

Wait. They put it ON thanksgiving?

Are they ****ing nuts?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I for one won’t be at the thanksgiving game. F-ck that.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It's dumb and of course people will defend it.

Comment

I suspect they were limited with options but whine away. Were I in town you can bet your a** I'd be there.

Comment

Sorry. Family first.

They could and should have done Friday Sunday. These are two of the top five teams in terms of revenue. They can afford to go halfsies or stick NoDak with the bill for an extra night in the hotels.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X