Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    You guys with the blueblood programs are all crying in your beers this season and can't accept that your university has made a move that will ultimately pay dividends.
    When a winning program crashes all the fans take it hard (no firearms or razor blades should be in your homes at this time) and won't show patience for the rebuilding process to take root and grow.
    My team's program waited over 50 years to get things right so you have no room to complain about a couple of bad seasons IMHO.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

      Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      You guys with the blueblood programs are all crying in your beers this season and can't accept that your university has made a move that will ultimately pay dividends.
      When a winning program crashes all the fans take it hard (no firearms or razor blades should be in your homes at this time) and won't show patience for the rebuilding process to take root and grow.
      My team's program waited over 50 years to get things right so you have no room to complain about a couple of bad seasons IMHO.
      I have faith that we will triumph in the future. I cannot speak for the others. I named this thread as a joke to poke fun at the Chicken Littles.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I have faith that we will triumph in the future. I cannot speak for the others. I named this thread as a joke to poke fun at the Chicken Littles.
        And it's been a joke among a large group of Husky fans this year about just how fast Gopher fans would turn if Motzko didn't succeed right away. We weren't disappointed.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

        R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

        SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
        Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
        Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
        Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
        Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

          Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          And it's been a joke among a large group of Husky fans this year about just how fast Gopher fans would turn if Motzko didn't succeed right away. We weren't disappointed.
          Yeah, this ain't gonna be a one (or probably two) season turnaround. Changing a culture is rather difficult. Many MN fans seem to share the name Veruca Salt.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            And it's been a joke among a large group of Husky fans this year about just how fast Gopher fans would turn if Motzko didn't succeed right away. We weren't disappointed.
            To be fair in this thread it’s mostly the people who think Lucia should’ve stayed until we had a 2-38 Mike Eaves season that are down on Bob. Most sane people on here and GPL realize it’s gonna take a couple years.

            I think it’s fair to question whether Bob was the right guy vs other candidates but at the very least the U decided to go a different direction as it was badly needed.

            Originally posted by SteveO
            Quick transition has ALWAYS been integral to Lucia coached teams. That's nothing new to D1 either. The buck stops with Motzko, it's his job to find a way motivate and instruct.
            It used to be, it certainly wasn’t last year other than when Mittlestadt was on the ice. The team clearly got slower the last few years of his tenure and the D weren’t capable of making the types of stretch passes Reilly, Skjei, and other better dmen of gopher yesteryear used to make.

            Motzko no longer has CM and his best player is playing a position he didn’t play during his first two years, not exactly shocking that the team took a step back this year, they’re simply not as talented as a year ago.
            Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-10-2019, 01:49 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

              Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Most sane people on here and GPL realize it’s gonna take a couple years.
              Count me as one still in that camp.

              Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              ...not exactly shocking that the team took a step back this year, they’re simply not as talented as a year ago.
              That's the bottom line, a real shortage of high-end talent. It shouldn't surprise anyone that they're a .500 team.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

                I can’t believe how many people don’t get the joke

                Nicely done Brent.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

                  I was going to start the next thread with just a picture of this... but yours is clearly superior.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

                    lololol That would have worked as well.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

                      Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                      This is funny.

                      Maybe it’s just possible that the other teams from the state of hockey have passed them.
                      Ya think?
                      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

                        Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Count me as one still in that camp.


                        That's the bottom line, a real shortage of high-end talent. It shouldn't surprise anyone that they're a .500 team.
                        I too am in that camp, but the nose-dive and frequency of what appears to be fairly complete apathy does surprise me.
                        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

                          Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                          I too am in that camp, but the nose-dive and frequency of what appears to be fairly complete apathy does surprise me.
                          Not sure I see the apathy (if you are talking about the fans), unless you are talking about the fans not showing up. Seems more like reluctant acceptance that it is unlikely that anything positive will be salvaged from this season and the recognition that we will likely have to wait for next season (or maybe longer) before we can hope for a better product.

                          The complete domination of the Penn State program over MN the last couple years has been demoralizing. At least they are starting to feel like an actual rival, but for all the wrong reasons. (I guess I would take some pleasure, as unlikely as it is, in MN actually knocking Pedo State out of an NCAA bid in the Big10 tourney. Gotta hold out hope for a miracle to get something positive.)

                          But maybe you referring to player apathy, which does seem to be problem with half the team on a given night (mainly non-freshman and, lately, non-GPS line players.)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

                            I've accepted our fate, haven't thought twice about Motzko, but just wish we would have at least gone 500.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

                              Wait - there are non-UM fans that really think fans are calling for Motzko to be fired? That's precious.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Wait - there are non-UM fans that really think fans are calling for Motzko to be fired? That's precious.
                                Considering I've seen and read some fans saying it... Yes.
                                You can stop the condescending BS anytime.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

                                R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

                                SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                                Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                                Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                                Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                                Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X