congratsss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• congratsss

Congrats to Karlis Zirnis who returns to his alma mater as Associate Head Coach at Alabama-Huntville. Zirnis, who joins head coach Lance West, served as assistant coach the past two seasons with the Alaska Nanooks..

Did this really deserve its own thread?
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
      Just as much as the title needed 3 esses.

bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

UAF info

How we will operate

• Classes will be offered both face-to-face and via distance delivery, with many having a mix of both.
        • Campus housing is available at reduced capacity.
        • Student activities will be available, but will be virtual or possibly in small groups to allow for physical distance between participants.
        • Many employees will still be working at home, but offices on campus will be staffed to make sure that employees and students can access the services they need.
        • UAF is currently not allowing mass gatherings and events.
        • Facilities such as the Student Recreation Center, Wood Center and Rasmuson Library are open, but have reduced capacity.
        • We aren’t planning on having athletics competition this fall, but hope our Alaska Nanooks teams will be able to start their seasons sometime this spring.
        Meantime no in-person public school sessions when schools open a week from today, but high school sports will be played starting next Friday and Saturday in the Fairbanks region...

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
          UAF info

How we will operate

• Classes will be offered both face-to-face and via distance delivery, with many having a mix of both.
          • Campus housing is available at reduced capacity.
          • Student activities will be available, but will be virtual or possibly in small groups to allow for physical distance between participants.
          • Many employees will still be working at home, but offices on campus will be staffed to make sure that employees and students can access the services they need.
          • UAF is currently not allowing mass gatherings and events.
          • Facilities such as the Student Recreation Center, Wood Center and Rasmuson Library are open, but have reduced capacity.
          • We aren’t planning on having athletics competition this fall, but hope our Alaska Nanooks teams will be able to start their seasons sometime this spring.
          Meantime no in-person public school sessions when schools open a week from today, but high school sports will be played starting next Friday and Saturday in the Fairbanks region...
          congratssss

bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Igor is awesome and way better that that Phrankonkham kid.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Zirnis means Pea in Latvian as well as a few other languages. Welcome back Mr. Pea! This thread has a lot of possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                Zirnis means Pea in Latvian as well as a few other languages. Welcome back Mr. Pea! This thread has a lot of possibilities.
                Clarksville, TN is only a three-hour drive from here.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

Clarksville, TN is only a three-hour drive from here.

GFM
                  We may be on to something here. Austin Peay could be the piece to hold the Huntsville program in place. If APSU were to build that rink with the Predators running it and thus develop a travel partner for UAH there could be hope to keep the program longtime. https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports...na-development

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

We may be on to something here. Austin Peay could be the piece to hold the Huntsville program in place. If APSU were to build that rink with the Predators running it and thus develop a travel partner for UAH there could be hope to keep the program longtime. https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports...na-development
                    Peay would still be well outside any league’s footprint. It’s still a flight for most of the college hockey world. My guess on a hockey tenant would be an ECHL affiliate for the Preds.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

Igor is awesome and way better that that Phrankonkham kid.

GFM
                      LOL! Long Live Says!!!!
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

My guess is...... It's a little brown noseing after Queen Karen the Alum prez of UA_ pretty much told the hockey world that UAH and UAA are not in the same league as them.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                        X