X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• njmav1
    replied
    Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post

Because Lindenwood is in Missouri, which is a lot further away from the core of the conference than Annapolis, Maryland.

I'm not saying Atlantic would prefer UAH over anyone except Lindenwood because of distance. And even then, I think UAH's chances are behind Navy and Long Island.
    It's about a 2 1/2 hour difference from Annapolis. But I don't think it matters. If travel distance is an issue, both schools are not a fit. If program stability is more important, then I'd go with Lindenwood over UAH.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    I hope you’re right, but I have to imagine it’s cheaper to fly to St Louis than whatever it normally takes to get to Huntsville.

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Did UAH ever pay a travel stipend in CHA or WCHA 2.0?
    I don't know about the CHA, but in the WCHA, UAH, Alaska, and Alaska Anchorage each chipped in to pay the extra travel costs to the rest of the league for traveling to Alabama or Alaska.

UAH is offering to pay $25,000 per series to Atlantic teams coming down to Huntsville.

I don't mean to downplay Lindenwood, by the way. It's just that this is how far UAH is willing to go to get the AHA, a Northeastern league with a team already in Colorado, just to consider putting Alabama on their schools' itineraries. Adding Missouri feels like a taller order.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Did UAH ever pay a travel stipend in CHA or WCHA 2.0?

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Why not? And why would Atlantic Hockey prefer UAH?

Lindenwood already has a women's program and the only question on the men's side is when will be their first season.
    Because Lindenwood is in Missouri, which is a lot further away from the core of the conference than Annapolis, Maryland.

I'm not saying Atlantic would prefer UAH over anyone except Lindenwood because of distance. And even then, I think UAH's chances are behind Navy and Long Island.

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied
    I can't believe Atlantic would consider Lindenwood, at least before Navy, if travel is a chief concern on any decision they make regarding expansion.
    Why not? And why would Atlantic Hockey prefer UAH?

Lindenwood already has a women's program and the only question on the men's side is when will be their first season.

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

There are definitely some question marks with Lindenwood (the AD refuting the story and making it seem like the consultant released something without approval).
    Lindenwood is apparently getting commitments from players saying they are joining their NCAA Division I program: https://***********/hashtag/SamePrideNewHunt
    It makes me think they should just announce the thing already.

As I understand it, Atlantic's wanted Navy for a while and has just been waiting on Navy to pull the trigger on going varsity. I'm hoping Navy does go varsity, and AHA takes them, Long Island, and UAH. Then they can spread the travel among the 12 northeast teams to Huntsville or Air Force, making it a rule that no one in the Northeast goes to UAH or Air Force in the same season.

I can't believe Atlantic would consider Lindenwood, at least before Navy, if travel is a chief concern on any decision they make regarding expansion.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

it's from february but i think LU has a better chance than navy...

"Lindenwood University To Add Division I NCAA Hockey"

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021...aa-hockey.html
    There are definitely some question marks with Lindenwood (the AD refuting the story and making it seem like the consultant released something without approval).

Leave a comment:

• DrunkTrainPolka
    replied

UAH is making their pitch to Atlantic, which will discuss expansion at their June meetings. If they expand, they may add up to three: UAH, Long Island, and/or a third (which is suspected to be Navy finally going varsity). If we don't get in, we're done for good.
    it's from february but i think LU has a better chance than navy...

"Lindenwood University To Add Division I NCAA Hockey"

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021...aa-hockey.html

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

WCHA 2.0 is done. Alaska announced an independent schedule for 2021-22. Huntsville hasn't announced what they're doing, except opting out of the conference. If Fairbanks is somehow saved, they'll also have to go the independent route. My guess is that there will be one last meeting where the member schools will vote to dissolve the conference and make it official.
    UAH is making their pitch to Atlantic, which will discuss expansion at their June meetings. If they expand, they may add up to three: UAH, Long Island, and/or a third (which is suspected to be Navy finally going varsity). If we don't get in, we're done for good.

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    At this point, we assume that the men's side of the WCHA is done, however what is the official status? Has anyone heard any rumblings? UAF is a member and UAA is technically without hockey for now unless they can find more funding. What is UAH's official status? Did they ever withdraw their letter of intent to leave the WCHA when they were not invited to the CCHA?
    WCHA 2.0 is done. Alaska announced an independent schedule for 2021-22. Huntsville hasn't announced what they're doing, except opting out of the conference. If Fairbanks is somehow saved, they'll also have to go the independent route. My guess is that there will be one last meeting where the member schools will vote to dissolve the conference and make it official.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Q will eventually willingly join HEA or get booted from the ECAC for Phoenix University-level academics. They were born for Hockey East.

Leave a comment:

• Leather Lungs
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    My money would be on Holy Cross eventually moving to Hockey East. Seems like an odd move from a success stand point, but their D-I women's team already plays in Hockey East so they'll have some pull in spite of their lack of on-ice success.
    I've been wondering if Holy Cross might not drop men's hockey at some point soon. Mind you, THIS ISN'T A PREDICTION. But two consecutive head coaches have left the program for a demotion or unspecified other opportunities. HC has been tightening the athletic budget for decades now. Makes you wonder.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    At this point, we assume that the men's side of the WCHA is done, however what is the official status? Has anyone heard any rumblings? UAF is a member and UAA is technically without hockey for now unless they can find more funding. What is UAH's official status? Did they ever withdraw their letter of intent to leave the WCHA when they were not invited to the CCHA?

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Hockey East will probably add a 12th team at some point... when the dust settles maybe one of those programs becomes a candidate for Hockey East like UConn.
    My money would be on Holy Cross eventually moving to Hockey East. Seems like an odd move from a success stand point, but their D-I women's team already plays in Hockey East so they'll have some pull in spite of their lack of on-ice success.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X