If Atlantic Hockey Accepts UAH, They're the New College Hockey America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

it's from february but i think LU has a better chance than navy...

"Lindenwood University To Add Division I NCAA Hockey"

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021...aa-hockey.html
    There are definitely some question marks with Lindenwood (the AD refuting the story and making it seem like the consultant released something without approval).
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

There are definitely some question marks with Lindenwood (the AD refuting the story and making it seem like the consultant released something without approval).
      Lindenwood is apparently getting commitments from players saying they are joining their NCAA Division I program: https://twitter.com/hashtag/SamePrideNewHunt
      It makes me think they should just announce the thing already.

As I understand it, Atlantic's wanted Navy for a while and has just been waiting on Navy to pull the trigger on going varsity. I'm hoping Navy does go varsity, and AHA takes them, Long Island, and UAH. Then they can spread the travel among the 12 northeast teams to Huntsville or Air Force, making it a rule that no one in the Northeast goes to UAH or Air Force in the same season.

I can't believe Atlantic would consider Lindenwood, at least before Navy, if travel is a chief concern on any decision they make regarding expansion.
      Michael Napier - UAH '97
      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
      U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
      NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
      CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
      CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
        I can't believe Atlantic would consider Lindenwood, at least before Navy, if travel is a chief concern on any decision they make regarding expansion.
        Why not? And why would Atlantic Hockey prefer UAH?

Lindenwood already has a women's program and the only question on the men's side is when will be their first season.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Why not? And why would Atlantic Hockey prefer UAH?

Lindenwood already has a women's program and the only question on the men's side is when will be their first season.
          Because Lindenwood is in Missouri, which is a lot further away from the core of the conference than Annapolis, Maryland.

I'm not saying Atlantic would prefer UAH over anyone except Lindenwood because of distance. And even then, I think UAH's chances are behind Navy and Long Island.
          Michael Napier - UAH '97
          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Did UAH ever pay a travel stipend in CHA or WCHA 2.0?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Did UAH ever pay a travel stipend in CHA or WCHA 2.0?
              I don't know about the CHA, but in the WCHA, UAH, Alaska, and Alaska Anchorage each chipped in to pay the extra travel costs to the rest of the league for traveling to Alabama or Alaska.

UAH is offering to pay $25,000 per series to Atlantic teams coming down to Huntsville.

I don't mean to downplay Lindenwood, by the way. It's just that this is how far UAH is willing to go to get the AHA, a Northeastern league with a team already in Colorado, just to consider putting Alabama on their schools' itineraries. Adding Missouri feels like a taller order.
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

I hope you’re right, but I have to imagine it’s cheaper to fly to St Louis than whatever it normally takes to get to Huntsville.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post

Because Lindenwood is in Missouri, which is a lot further away from the core of the conference than Annapolis, Maryland.

I'm not saying Atlantic would prefer UAH over anyone except Lindenwood because of distance. And even then, I think UAH's chances are behind Navy and Long Island.
                  It's about a 2 1/2 hour difference from Annapolis. But I don't think it matters. If travel distance is an issue, both schools are not a fit. If program stability is more important, then I'd go with Lindenwood over UAH.

Comment

If we really are talking about LIU, Navy, UAH, & Lindenwood, and no one is departing for Hockey East, then perhaps we ought to be thinking along the lines of a second conference. The Hudson River seems like a logical boundary with the military academies sticking with the Eastern teams.

Two autobids is better than one.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
                      If we really are talking about LIU, Navy, UAH, & Lindenwood, and no one is departing for Hockey East, then perhaps we ought to be thinking along the lines of a second conference. The Hudson River seems like a logical boundary with the military academies sticking with the Eastern teams.

Two autobids is better than one.
                      heck... for the sake of college hockey, and the non-traditional power of these teams, i would be ok with a 13-, 14-, or 15-team conference that had two bids...

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

Accept UAH into the AHA

https://www.change.org/p/atlantic-ho...h-into-the-aha

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

The Long Island University Sharknado
                          < pre-ordering jersey now >
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                            Man, what a gut punch after rallying to save the program, again. https://uahchargers.com/news/2021/5/...embership.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

Man, what a gut punch after rallying to save the program, again. https://uahchargers.com/news/2021/5/...embership.aspx
                              It was always contingent on getting into a conference. I suppose Atlantic Hockey could throw them a lifeline, but that's not a good reason to admit a school. It's why the WCHA is going away.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
                                Atlantic Hockey could throw them a lifeline, but that's not a good reason to admit a school. It's why the WCHA is going away.
                                I agree but only to a certain point. The WCHA 2.0 went away because it included three geographic outliers who were on shaky ground. Three out of eight teams were very distant travel, on the brink of folding and two of the three were not performing well on the ice.

Atlantic Hockey picking up UAH would be less extreme because it is only one geographic outlier and the burden is split eleven ways, not seven. This doesn't make it a slam dunk that Atlantic should add UAH, but it makes the addition less painful simply because the conference is larger. You also have LIU and Lindenwood who are clearly going to want a conference home sooner rather than later, so Atlantic could find themselves splitting the UAH "burden" thirteen ways.
                                Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 05-09-2021, 12:45 PM.
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X