Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think this has been posted here;

https://www.twincities.com/2020/07/3...-wcha-men/amp/

"Now Robertson [WCHA commissioner] must piece together a disparate group of startups with no regional ties to keep the men’s conference alive. Among teams he is courting: Arizona State, Long Island University, Lindenwood University (LU) in St. Charles, Mo. — which played a club schedule in 2019-20 — and Simon Fraser University (SFU) of Vancouver, B.C., which is working on the process of becoming Division I team."

UA* (3X), ASU, LIU, LU, and SFU?

the two closest distances would be UAA to UAF (~353 miles) and LU to UAH (~436 miles). if teleportation is possible, this is possible. otherwise...

LIU might as well change their mascot name from sharks to land sharks... hell, maybe it needs to actually be flying sharks instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post

ASU joining Hockey East would also be a marriage of convenience. I'm not predicting it, but I'm slightly less skeptical about it than I am Sacred Heart joining HE.
      Sorry, this suggestion is just ridiculous. While there is some convenience to having an even number of teams, that is far outweighed by the inconvenience and cost of flying in what is currently strictly a bus-only league. They learned their lesson with the Fighting Irish (Why, exactly, is that racist/classist moniker still allowed?).
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Sorry, this suggestion is just ridiculous. While there is some convenience to having an even number of teams, that is far outweighed by the inconvenience and cost of flying in what is currently strictly a bus-only league. They learned their lesson with the Fighting Irish (Why, exactly, is that racist/classist moniker still allowed?).
        It's not ridiculous. I already said I'm not going out on a limb and predicting it will happen. But keep in mind that while the fanbases were never enthused about Notre Dame, the ADs and presidents were. Hockey East teams were being nationally televised on NBCsn!

As for flying, Jack Parker was flying his teams into Bangor back in the 80s. Sure, BU isn't one of the have-nots in Hockey East so bad example, right? But that's my point. The top tier teams in HE don't want any more have-nots. Of course they'd prefer Syracuse. They'd happily settle for URI. And if they allow ASU in for a few seasons until circumstances change and ASU leaves for a conference that makes more sense, HE can go back to pining for Syracuse and URI. No harm, no foul, everyone's happy. Except SHU.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
          i don't think this has been posted here;

https://www.twincities.com/2020/07/3...-wcha-men/amp/

"Now Robertson [WCHA commissioner] must piece together a disparate group of startups with no regional ties to keep the men’s conference alive. Among teams he is courting: Arizona State, Long Island University, Lindenwood University (LU) in St. Charles, Mo. — which played a club schedule in 2019-20 — and Simon Fraser University (SFU) of Vancouver, B.C., which is working on the process of becoming Division I team."

UA* (3X), ASU, LIU, LU, and SFU?

the two closest distances would be UAA to UAF (~353 miles) and LU to UAH (~436 miles). if teleportation is possible, this is possible. otherwise...

LIU might as well change their mascot name from sharks to land sharks... hell, maybe it needs to actually be flying sharks instead.
          Man, if you got me super drunk in 2010 after the CHA folded and told me this was the case, my thoughts would be, in order:

1. Why is UAH in the WCHA?
          2. How is UAH still a program?

You'd interrupt me, "Fans have saved the program from cancellation, twice." I'd close my eyes, nod slowly, and go back to my thinking...

3. This league is even more geographically hosed than the CHA.
          4. This league won't manage more than three seasons.
          5. I guess the CCHA still hates biscuits.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
            The Long Island University Sharknado
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
            X