Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
    Both Polino and Hayhurst are injured. Polino is in a sling and he just said an upper body injury and Hayhurst has a cast on his arm. He wouldn’t specify either the extent of the injury. Polino is on schedule to be back the last 2 regular season games but is hoping it may be earlier. Hayhurst told me it looks like he’s out for the remainder of the regular season and he’s hoping for the 1st rd of the playoffs. Polino got hurt at the end of the UConn game. Hayhurst injury actually occurred in the Brown game.
    I sort of figured that was Hayhurst's injury, as we saw him having some issues when coming off. Glad to read Polino isn't done for the year, but I do hope he doesn't do anything permanent if he comes back early.

The key now is that the rest of the team steps up. We really did see that last night with Bowman. Perhaps Jerry's out of his funk?

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
    Last night was like watching paint dry. Didn't even notice any fumes. But they got the W. Was last night Hayhurst's DQ sit out? Wasn't sure why he was allowed to play the Union game ? And is Polino a healthy scratch all these games or injured? We will see if they have anything left in the tank. It being the fifth game in 8 nights. I'd call it a positive if they can stay within a goal or 2 of Cornell. Not sure who I'd play in goal. Savory has the hot hand,but could probably use a rest. Looks like Union has caught our scoring drought bug. It was nice of RPI to share it with them!
    Hayhurst received a game misconduct at the end of the Yale game, and he hasn't had any others this year, so he was eligible.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

postgame comments from Friday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dr...ature=youtu.be (Smith, Hallbauer, BowmaN0

game highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWlGwZaEe0c
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-02-2019, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Noresmen
    replied
    Last night was like watching paint dry. Didn't even notice any fumes. But they got the W. Was last night Hayhurst's DQ sit out? Wasn't sure why he was allowed to play the Union game ? And is Polino a healthy scratch all these games or injured? We will see if they have anything left in the tank. It being the fifth game in 8 nights. I'd call it a positive if they can stay within a goal or 2 of Cornell. Not sure who I'd play in goal. Savory has the hot hand,but could probably use a rest. Looks like Union has caught our scoring drought bug. It was nice of RPI to share it with them!
    Both Polino and Hayhurst are injured. Polino is in a sling and he just said an upper body injury and Hayhurst has a cast on his arm. He wouldn’t specify either the extent of the injury. Polino is on schedule to be back the last 2 regular season games but is hoping it may be earlier. Hayhurst told me it looks like he’s out for the remainder of the regular season and he’s hoping for the 1st rd of the playoffs. Polino got hurt at the end of the UConn game. Hayhurst injury actually occurred in the Brown game.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Polino is injured. I think that Coach Smith said that Hayhurst would miss a few games in his pregame interview on Friday, but I could be wrong.

Edit: See Noresmen's post.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-02-2019, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 25+years
    replied

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    I to was in attendance. We made a sign that said
    " On the 8th day God created Gorilla Monsoon". It made the broadcast and he commented on it. Good times. Hoping for a big effort tonight.

Leave a comment:

• DavidSec17
    replied
    Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Just for clarification, I too was in attendance for the Rumble as a mere 10 yr old. Ric Flair was #3, not 1. #1 was Davey Boy Smith and #2 was Ted Dibiase. If course, the only man to win from #1 was Shawn Michaels when he beat #2 Davey Boy about 8 years later.

I to was in attendance. We made a sign that said
    " On the 8th day God created Gorilla Monsoon". It made the broadcast and he commented on it. Good times. Hoping for a big effort tonight.

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied

Ok. I stand corrected. I just remembered that he was out there for over an hour. And I finally remembered the name that Sid Vicious used as a “baby face”. He was called Sid Justice.
    Anyway we need a solid first period tonight. They can’t afford to fall behind 3-0 like #26 did last night. Let’s go WHITE!

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

Just for clarification, I too was in attendance for the Rumble as a mere 10 yr old. Ric Flair was #3, not 1. #1 was Davey Boy Smith and #2 was Ted Dibiase. If course, the only man to win from #1 was Shawn Michaels when he beat #2 Davey Boy about 8 years later.

Leave a comment:

• RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

previous thread https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...-a-Rink/page51
Working...
X