No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Thanks, that was a pretty good team, and yet it feels like a very long time ago.
    Compared to the two years in between, I'd say. I knew we were decent that year (not quite tournament material, but still decent), but didn't think we had streaks like that.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Highlights and postgame
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One win away from the 10 win mark overall. Still alive for 500 in conference.

I just noticed something else with the standings: Canisius is dead last in the AHC. Perhaps there's more to Coach Smith than meets the eye? Perhaps now the higher support is starting to pay some dividends? I know we were disappointed after year 1, but to me, that was a "Let's see what I've been dealt" sort of situation. He's really made us his own, and we're starting to see that now that the transfers are able to play and we're not down 3 players before injuries. Next year is a year of reckoning, and think we all want to see an all-around winning season by then, coming close to rankings and potential tournament entry.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          One win away from the 10 win mark overall. Still alive for 500 in conference.

I just noticed something else with the standings: Canisius is dead last in the AHC. Perhaps there's more to Coach Smith than meets the eye? Perhaps now the higher support is starting to pay some dividends? I know we were disappointed after year 1, but to me, that was a "Let's see what I've been dealt" sort of situation. He's really made us his own, and we're starting to see that now that the transfers are able to play and we're not down 3 players before injuries. Next year is a year of reckoning, and think we all want to see an all-around winning season by then, coming close to rankings and potential tournament entry.
          He does seem to have gotten the team to believe in his system. We seem to be doing better at shooting the puck on the net and winning face-offs than we have in many years. Also, he appears to make changes between periods and get the team to perform better as a game progresses.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              He does seem to have gotten the team to believe in his system. We seem to be doing better at shooting the puck on the net and winning face-offs than we have in many years. Also, he appears to make changes between periods and get the team to perform better as a game progresses.
              Additionally, not to harp on last year's team, but I don't think the overall talent level was good enough. Too many times we were unable to skate through the neutral zone. Enough of looking back though.

Coach Smith has done a lot of good things in my eyes, but we still have a ways to go. Starting tonight with Quinnipiac, we play the top 3 teams in the ECAC in the next 14 days. Those can tell us a lot about how far we've actually come. We were thoroughly outplayed at Hamden in November, so I curious to see how this version of RPI looks against the Bobcats.

Comment

We need a win against a really good team. If you look at the ECAC stats for this season, RPI is 6-1 against the bottom 4 teams in the league and 0-8-2 vs. the Top 7. A win tonight would be a great start. LGR!

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                  Additionally, not to harp on last year's team, but I don't think the overall talent level was good enough. Too many times we were unable to skate through the neutral zone. Enough of looking back though.

Coach Smith has done a lot of good things in my eyes, but we still have a ways to go. Starting tonight with Quinnipiac, we play the top 3 teams in the ECAC in the next 14 days. Those can tell us a lot about how far we've actually come. We were thoroughly outplayed at Hamden in November, so I curious to see how this version of RPI looks against the Bobcats.
                  Since November, we have added three players that have made this whole team better. Even without Polino and Hayhurst, we are a better team than we were the last time we played Quinnipiac. I am not predicting a win, but I am not ruling it out either.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

And with Union beating Princeton, home ice is starting to get out of reach, being 4 behind. We'd have to win out to get 500 in the league.

Just time to finish out the season strong, maybe try to make noise in the playoffs.

Comment

If there's any silver lining, with SLU's tie, we can't finish dead last now.

Comment

Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 2-1 win over RPI

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...om_26.html?m=1
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Postgame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouoJxxcwXSM

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            and highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-rt8PT-_w
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I was just telling my buddy before he did his first hey ref yell since November that ECAC refs have been much better this year letting them play and less penalties. Games already take 25 more mins with al the media stoppages. We got screwed but our pp cost us also
                              Last edited by rvd5star69; 02-17-2019, 09:00 AM.
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                I was just telling my buddy before he did his first hey ref tell since November that ECAC refs have been much better this year letting them play and less penalties. Games already take 25 more mins with al the media stoppages. We got screwed but our pp cost us also
                                How's he doing? I've missed hearing him at the games, even with the "Hey Goalie" or "Hey [insert who was penalized]" chants. My absolute favorite was when (Former) Governor Paterson called.

Comment

Working...
                                X