Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVII: It Never Gets Old!

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Having seen both NU and BC I strongly disagree that BC has more talented skaters top to bottom.
    Completely agree with this.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      Maybe its because I dont go to a Beanpot school, so I dont fully appreciate the allure of the tourney, but I was thinking that they should have taken Primeau out....The rest of the season is more important than the single game....
      There are those who would agree with this but I'm not one of them. The Beanpot--especially the championship game--stands on its own and can define a season. If you're a player, you play on one leg and with one arm in a sling if you have to. The rest of the season will take care of itself.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Attendance 15.015
        we'll take it. not too many sat on their lap either. i'll take 15K 'enthusiastic fans over 18k ..er.. attendees..
        things are down everywhere, look at the #s attending our sport in arenas around.. just too many options & distractions and life getting in the way..

last night was electric & i for one appreciate the fan bases of all the schools that made it. Awesome college hockey atmosphere.
        Last edited by northeastern; 02-12-2019, 08:16 AM. Reason: the NU fanbase came out in droves & was fantastic
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Congrats again to the Huskies. People may say the tournament is not the same as it used to be, but as a neutral fan for the final, the atmosphere in a close Beanpot final game is as good as it gets for college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Easy there Rossi, Woll has pretty clearly outplayed Primeau in league play this year.
            LOL! I don't think so KP is a beast like his father and he will be in the NHL when Woll is holding the pipes in Germany! DAS HOCKEY!

Comment

There's no thinking to be done, stats are stats. We'll see who ends up having the better career, maybe you will be right. But if you switch the goalies the other night, the same team wins.

Comment

Well it always helps your stats when you conveniently ignore the subset of the season in which BC went 1-9

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                  Well it always helps your stats when you conveniently ignore the subset of the season in which BC went 1-9
                  And did they go 1-9 because of Woll or because they got shutout in five of those games?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    And did they go 1-9 because of Woll or because they got shutout in five of those games?
                    I’m sure Woll saving 89.5% with a 2.98 GAA helped that record just a little bit.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Interesting that the Women's Beanpot results were the exact opposite of the Men's.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        I’m sure Woll saving 89.5% with a 2.98 GAA helped that record just a little bit.
                        If only he could have scored in the 5 games they were shut out! Congrats on the 2nd Beanpot in 30 years...see you soon.

Being serious, my only real point here is that NU didn't win the other night because they have a better goalie. They won because they have a better team. You should be happy about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          If only he could have scored in the 5 games they were shut out! Congrats on the 2nd Beanpot in 30 years...see you soon.

Being serious, my only real point here is that NU didn't win the other night because they have a better goalie. They won because they have a better team. You should be happy about that.
                          I’m thrilled about it. I also am one of more than a few who believe Primeau to be the better goalie compared to Woll. So while you brought up his conference stats, i agree with TheRevengeance that looking at overall stats is important too. I appreciate the congratulations, however tongue in cheek. I look forward to the late season series between the schools.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Again, he might prove to be. Just saying you didn't beat BC because of him.

Comment

You should call the people who vote for Benalot MVP and let them know that their MVP was given in error then, since he is the worse of the two goalies and all.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                                You should call the people who vote for Benalot MVP and let them know that their MVP was given in error then, since he is the worse of the two goalies and all.
                                Well, you know, it takes two wins to win the Beanpot. It's not just MVP of the championship game. And it takes more than just the Beanpot to determine who the better goalie is. My god, what a terrible post. I'm not sure what the issue is. NU beat BC because they have a better team. That's not some hot take. I'm not sitting here saying Woll should have been Beanpot MVP.

Comment

Working...
                                X