Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beanpot LXVII: It Never Gets Old!

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Hey, one thing ya gotta hand to bandwagon fans..
    they've never experienced a losing season in their lives.
    Good point!

Comment

Is this the year we finally get the first-ever Northeastern-Harvard final????

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        Where would you move it without giving one of four participating teams home ice advantage?
        Agganis Arena?
        Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
          Agganis Arena?
          Sure. Hasn't been much of an advantage for bu so far this year
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

mookie needs to relax, i posted this inadvertently in the (wrong) non beanpot thread.

regarding repeat..no chance NU again. not this yr anyway.
            remember we not due until.. circa 2048.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              mookie needs to relax, i posted this inadvertently in the (wrong) non beanpot thread.

regarding repeat..no chance NU again. not this yr anyway.
              remember we not due until.. circa 2048.
              Not sure of your math with that prediction. Do you not know about your back to back titles in the 80s??

Anyhoo, why am I not surprised about BC advancing?

For the first time in what seems forever, I’m on my couch watching instead of being there in person. Been dealing with a serious family medical issue the past week and I’m pretty wiped. Long day at work tomorrow, didn’t want to get home late. But, I’ll be there in spirit, wishing my Terriers luck. Which they will need. But it’s the Beanpot. And it’s....well, I love the Beanpot. I love supporting a school that’s a part of it. Win or lose I love my school. And I’m excited to watch. Go BU!!

Comment

BC mobbing their goalie and throwing sticks and gloves into the air for winning a non conference game was certainly....something.
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Is this the year we finally get the first-ever Northeastern-Harvard final????
                  Guess not. An amazing stat.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Check Stub Hub. Cheapest ticket was $45 per at 9:30am, is now $30. They will continue to dive as the day goes on. That's what I plan on doing (Buying a ticket at 5pm)
                    Does it get to a point where they pay you to take the ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      BC mobbing their goalie and throwing sticks and gloves into the air for winning a non conference game was certainly....something.
                      Tough crowd when you’re finally a defending champ....... prolly more that they won the Beanpot opener as an under dog in a so far awful season but what do I know ?

Comment

I don't remember the Beanpot always falling the Monday after SB. Not sure on the year the NFL pushed the SB back a year but with the Patriots routinely in it I just don't have that same level of excitement leading up to the Beanpot. You build up to the SB and then you're dead tired the next day. Perfect spot to just watch the Pot on TV.

Comment

Oh and seemed like a fairly obvious hook leading to NUs goal

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I don't remember the Beanpot always falling the Monday after SB. Not sure on the year the NFL pushed the SB back a year but with the Patriots routinely in it I just don't have that same level of excitement leading up to the Beanpot. You build up to the SB and then you're dead tired the next day. Perfect spot to just watch the Pot on TV.
                            It didn't, until the NFL started having bye weeks which pushed the SB back to February.
                            Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Wouldn’t be popular with the Beanpot purists, but they should move the opening round to Thursday night. Day after the Super Bowl is terrible scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Wouldn’t be popular with the Beanpot purists, but they should move the opening round to Thursday night. Day after the Super Bowl is terrible scheduling.
                                I think this would be a good move. Students and young alumni working in the city are more likely to go out on a Thursday than a Monday, IMO. At worst, you'd get the same crowds but with a few days of media hype after the SB to drum up some interest it might get a boost.

Comment

Working...
                                X