Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wsummers
    replied
    Official roster posted…(with typo on Middendorf’s height. I’m pretty sure he’s not 6’10”).

https://msuspartans.com/sports/mens-...roster/2021-22

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    The non-conference schedule is out, by the way.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Disappointed that the U-18 game is on the road. I mean hell, maybe I’ll actually head over there. I’ve never gone to a road game as an adult.
    I recall it being a fun little road trip the last time I saw MSU play an exhibition there. I also recall tickets being dirt cheap. I'll probably go again.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Disappointed that the U-18 game is on the road. I mean hell, maybe I’ll actually head over there. I’ve never gone to a road game as an adult.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    According to a marketing email from USA Hockey Arena, we're playing U-18s in Plymouth on October 2nd.
    A good substitute for a Canadian team since they aren’t available this year. MSU has a home football game that day, so an away game makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    According to a marketing email from USA Hockey Arena, we're playing U-18s in Plymouth on October 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Hey, game 6 against [insert team here] looks fun.

I look forward to rejoining section W once the all-Saturday package goes on sale.
    By then there might actually be a published conference schedule. I will be gone for two weeks and hoping they aren’t at home one or both of those weeks.

I biked past Munn last week and the boys were practicing on the ice, but more importantly there were workers in the new addition.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Bought my season tickets today without a published schedule.

ST - Spartan Hockey Season Ticket ================================================== ===================== GAME 1 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 01 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 2 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 02 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 3 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 03 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 4 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 04 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 5 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 05 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 6 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 06 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 7 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 07 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 8 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 08 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA
    Hey, game 6 against [insert team here] looks fun.

I look forward to rejoining section W once the all-Saturday package goes on sale.

Leave a comment:

• fengling
    replied
    each time i heard how tons disappointment the king will be, it changed into like a river of spring water flowing eastward. one would think of li yu
    page rank booster

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Bought my season tickets today without a published schedule.

ST - Spartan Hockey Season Ticket ================================================== ===================== GAME 1 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 01 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 2 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 02 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 3 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 03 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 4 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 04 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 5 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 05 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 6 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 06 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 7 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 07 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 8 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 08 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    WILX ran a couple of hockey stories today. In one they said MSU opens against Wisconsin. I assume they meant to open the Big 10 season as they play Air Force during the first full weekend. I expect schedule to be released this week.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Well, the ice is in at Munn and still no official schedule. We do know most of the non-conference.
    October 8-9 Air Force, 15-16 Miami, 22-23 @ UMass Lowell, November 12-13 Ferris home and away. Add to this a Canadian school and USNDT and Great Lakes Invitational plus of course 24 conference games. Non-conference is not a difficult schedule…an opportunity to get off to a good start.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

An Ivy transfer comes a bit out of left field, but I'll take him! Better than rushing a half a point player from the USHL who, IMO, isn't quite ready.

While it sounds like the incoming class is set, I wonder if Cole's time at the NTDP coincided with FLA's Randy Hernandez who just got the rug pulled out from under him at Robert Morris. While I wouldn't normally consider a transfer out of Atlantic Hockey, he was the conference's ROY and knowing he has seen his share of adversity, I pull for him.
    While I would welcome Randy Hernandez, the problem with RMU announcing the cancellation of hockey so late is that most (maybe all) schools have already used all of their scholarships. He likely has the choice of either playing elsewhere for a year without a hockey scholarship or stay at RMU and transfer in 2022 or if Atlantic invites UAH transfer there. Basically, the school screwed the players by announcing so late.
    Last edited by wsummers; 06-01-2021, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    MSU adding 2nd player from portal in Chris Berger from Brown. He would probably be the grad we heard about. Injured after 9 games during his junior year and last year the Ivies didn’t play, so he would have had 4 years at Brown.
    https://msuspartans.com/news/2021/6/...r-2021-22.aspx
    An Ivy transfer comes a bit out of left field, but I'll take him! Better than rushing a half a point player from the USHL who, IMO, isn't quite ready.

While it sounds like the incoming class is set, I wonder if Cole's time at the NTDP coincided with FLA's Randy Hernandez who just got the rug pulled out from under him at Robert Morris. While I wouldn't normally consider a transfer out of Atlantic Hockey, he was the conference's ROY and knowing he has seen his share of adversity, I pull for him.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    MSU adding 2nd player from portal in Chris Berger from Brown. He would probably be the grad we heard about. Injured after 9 games during his junior year and last year the Ivies didn’t play, so he would have had 4 years at Brown.
    https://msuspartans.com/news/2021/6/...r-2021-22.aspx
    Last edited by wsummers; 06-01-2021, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X