Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wsummers
    replied
    Add from transfer portal Zach Dubinsky from RPI as replacement center for Nodler.
    Last edited by wsummers; 04-03-2022, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Nodler was announced this afternoon. I’m not aware of additional to the ones that have been announced. Maybe someone has inside info on others considering jumping ship. That said, MSU is now down at least 10 players from last year’s roster. Still need to add 1 goalie, 3 dmen (Sparkes?), and now at least another forward.

Here’s a link to the portal (tends to lag a day or two behind). https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...xxI/edit#gid=0
    Last edited by wsummers; 04-01-2022, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• collegehockeyfan1
    replied
    How do you know more players have hit the portal? Is there somewhere a fan can go and look up this information?

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    more players to hit the portal

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    This and Gallacher are substantial blows and it’s hard to imagine we have anything other than a coaching staff that is completely dead in the water. A year from now we will be conducting a coaching search, I’m quite certain.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Josh Nodler now in the portal.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    Now with their captain entering the portal it's a complete rebuild

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    Mike York for coach

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Why not?
    UND beat MSU for titles in 1959 and 1987.
    I was in the barn when MSU beat BC in 2007.

Do Tucker and Izzo have too much focus of the AD to the detriment of other programs?
    This stuff is actually discussed frequently among MSU hockey fans. Agreed that MSU CAN be as good as NoDak, and was for many years but that was long ago. MSU won that championship but some will say the cracks in the foundation started with the hiring of Comley and really started spreading a couple years after that championship.

My opinion is that Comley didn’t sink the program. Mark Hollis knocked it out through his sham of a coaching “search” that led to the hiring of Anastos. After that fell flat, he went with the easiest and most obvious choice in Cole. Cole hasn’t gotten better results than Anastos but he inherited a program that was already weakened substantially.

As for the administration, we are finally installing sorely needed and overdue facilities upgrades. We have a new AD but he does not seem to be in a hurry to conduct a coaching search for hockey. We’ll see. I hope he does his job better than Hollis.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
    ... however MUS is not ND.
    Why not?
    UND beat MSU for titles in 1959 and 1987.
    I was in the barn when MSU beat BC in 2007.

Do Tucker and Izzo have too much focus of the AD to the detriment of other programs?

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    Good point about ND and their usage of the portal to go along with a top freshman class, however MUS is not ND.
    Danton will lean on the portal to just improve a little now versus getting top junior players to get better for the next 4 years to come

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
    watch they will use the portal as a crutch, where at this point they should be recruiting players to come in and build with for 4 years.
    There's a happy medium.

A year ago North Dakota lost 13 players to pro contracts or end of eligibility.

Coach Berry brought in 14 players: 5 portal transfers, 9 freshmen. The portal transfers were targeted. Lose both game experience goalies? Bring in portal goalie, and a freshman. Lose two centermen and nation leaders in faceoff percentage? Bring in a portal center who is a great faceoff guy and a freshman USHL center. Lose your top scorer; portal in a top scoring winger, and the freshman wingers in the recruit pipeline. Down to four defense; bring in two portal defenders and two freshmen.

The portal was used, not so much as a crutch but as a stop-gap, but the freshmen (9) were still brought in.

It must've worked; the Penrose Cup is staying in Engelstad.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    watch they will use the portal as a crutch, where at this point they should be recruiting players to come in and build with for 4 years. There are strong 20 year old's out there that are peaking and MSU will lose on them also. My opinion other than 5th year seniors, is you recruit and have players in your program year over year who are getting better well then they will not leave as your program with good coaching will offer them what they need

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    DeRidder also opted to use his last year at North Dakota.
    A cordial "thank you" is in order.

I believe he's intended as the insurance policy to our Swedish import (Hellsten) that play sparingly this year and to put a gap year to the goalie recruit who is in the BCHL.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by model94 View Post

there is a lot of uncertainty with Heisenberg.
    Oh my ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X