X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Day after Cole is fired the other Cole withdraws from portal and announces he’ll return for a 5th year. Will his brother also return?
    At the banquet last night Christian Krygier said he is willing to return for a 5th year if the new coach wants him.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Originally posted by Notoscar View Post
    Does MSU go north of $400?.. if so, I would then go after Casey Jones
    Whatever Cole was making ($325-ish?) will probably be what the new guy will be making.

Leave a comment:

• Notoscar
    replied
    Does MSU go north of $400?.. if so, I would then go after Casey Jones

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Jackson HC, Nightingale associate HC...I know, I know...not happening

Leave a comment:

• Paul Goddard
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Fair enough. I'm coming at this as an outsider so I didn't know the background there.
    Excellent point(s) on your part and Jeff Jackson would have been an excellent fit for MSU even as recently as 2011 when school was shopping for a new coach. But I'm not even sure Jackson has the energy and or patience (He's 66!) needed for what is now going to be a complete rebuild......

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Curious to hear what happened at the banquet last night

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
    If I'm Michigan State and Jeff Jackson isn't in the cards, an outside the box hire who would be a home run is Brock Sheahan from the Chicago Steel. He's done an incredible job there, has been a college assistant and has a crazy future in front of him
    I’m assuming he’s going straight to Notre Dame after Jackson retires.

I think he’d do pretty well here, though. The dude’s only 37, too.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    If I'm Michigan State and Jeff Jackson isn't in the cards, an outside the box hire who would be a home run is Brock Sheahan from the Chicago Steel. He's done an incredible job there, has been a college assistant and has a crazy future in front of him

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Goddard View Post

The Jeff Jackson shark was jumped back in 2002! Notre Dame won’t let him go and I honestly believe Jeff Jackson still is bitter about getting ZERO consideration for the job back in ‘02!

Fair enough. I'm coming at this as an outsider so I didn't know the background there.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Originally posted by model94 View Post

What info did you find? I can't dig up anything.
    Joe Shawhan was on the Chasing MacNaughton podcast.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Goddard
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Age be damned, get the money that is needed to bring back an alum. Jeff Jackson. He would be my first call. Michigan State hockey has been irrelevant for quite some time now. A proven coach with a track record of turning ND into a consistent NCAA tournament team. He very well might not have any interest in leaving ND. But it's worth a shot. Make him tell you no. Or else bring back Damon Whitten and pray he has what it takes like you did with Anastos and Cole.
    The Jeff Jackson shark was jumped back in 2002! Notre Dame won’t let him go and I honestly believe Jeff Jackson still is bitter about getting ZERO consideration for the job back in ‘02!

Leave a comment:

• Paul Goddard
    replied
    Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Jim Montgomery was hired by Denver after three seasons with Dubuque. He won a national championship there before heading to Dallas.

I think it would be a mistake to exclude the best USHL coaches from this discussion.

Any successful MSU rebuild plan probably requires solid recruiting from the USHL. It helps to have someone on your staff that knows that landscape well.
    True but Denver wasn’t in rebuild mode when Montgomery was hired and focus can’t solely be on USHL talent in this rebuild! I’d much rather see a mix of USHL and BCHL talent be the focus in this new rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• model94
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Looks like the GLI will be reborn in 2022. And there will be one conspicuous absence from the field of four teams.
    What info did you find? I can't dig up anything.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Goddard View Post

I doubt MSU hires or even considers an unknown (outside of Junior hockey circles)from The Junior ranks to replace Cole especially when so many other candidates with D1 and even NHL (looking at you Jeff Blashill) bench boss experience are or will become available here shortly.
    Jim Montgomery was hired by Denver after three seasons with Dubuque. He won a national championship there before heading to Dallas.

I think it would be a mistake to exclude the best USHL coaches from this discussion.

Any successful MSU rebuild plan probably requires solid recruiting from the USHL. It helps to have someone on your staff that knows that landscape well.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Day after Cole is fired the other Cole withdraws from portal and announces he’ll return for a 5th year. Will his brother also return?
    This doesn't surprise me in the least since the twins clearly weren't getting any pro traction (even tho they were both late-round draft selections). Not to mention we need 2 "experienced" dmen. I feel for the new coach whomever he may be, because given this development, recent portal activity both ways, and an NAHL commitment, next season is not going to be pretty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X