Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    here we go again trying so hard to get national team players just the wrong remedy.. Check out the past national champ rosters out of the NCHC

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Austin Baker and Lucas Van Vliet verbals today. They will be on the USDP U-17 team this year, so likely 2024 players, at the earliest. Nights is off to a good start.
    Last edited by wsummers; 08-01-2022, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Ryan Nolan no longer on the website roster. TBD if it's just another case of Dan Russell administrative oversight/sloppiness by either prematurely adding him or inadvertently deleting him.

Leave a comment:

• Polydorus
    replied
    Montreal has traded former Spartan Jeff Petry to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadien...ailynewsletter

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post

Hmm could just be an error. If true, I would assume the staff is down on the current D-core in some way. Perhaps too offensively inept? Maybe a few of the guys just aren’t at a D1 level?

I Don’t much like such a move. Forwards often times do not skate backwards well enough to not be a liability when on D full time.
    Roster was corrected today to list Daniel Russell as a forward. Maybe someone actually reads these posts.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    MSU will continue to spiral new coach and all

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    With the release of the roster…a couple of surprises (at least for me). Added is forward Ryan Nolan from Merrimack. He looks to be a 5th line forward. Also Daniel Russell is listed as a defenseman. I can find no record of him having played that position in the past. Not sure what the story is, but if a defenseman he will undoubtedly spend this year learning the position as a practice player. With 10 dmen at least 3 are unlikely to see much ice time so Connor and Dybicz will also likely see little if any playing time.
    Hmm could just be an error. If true, I would assume the staff is down on the current D-core in some way. Perhaps too offensively inept? Maybe a few of the guys just aren’t at a D1 level?

I Don’t much like such a move. Forwards often times do not skate backwards well enough to not be a liability when on D full time.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    With the release of the roster…a couple of surprises (at least for me). Added is forward Ryan Nolan from Merrimack. He looks to be a 5th line forward. Also Daniel Russell is listed as a defenseman. I can find no record of him having played that position in the past. Not sure what the story is, but if a defenseman he will undoubtedly spend this year learning the position as a practice player. With 10 dmen at least 3 are unlikely to see much ice time so Connor and Dybicz will also likely see little if any playing time.

Leave a comment:

• collegehockeyfan1
    replied
    The Spartans lost a great friend, supporter and administrator this week when Tom Campbell, rink manager at Munn lost his battle with cancer. For those of you who did not know Tom he was a great ambassador of Spartan hockey and will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with Tom his family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

I wonder if Hurtig is facing some admissions hurdles which wouldn't be surprising with an international recruit. That, or someone got some bad info either about the offer in general or the year he's arriving. My bet is on the former though, and hopefully any admissions issues are ironed out by early July.

However I still don't see where the scoring is coming from to escape the B1G basement. That having been said I have zero expectations for the upcoming season so any improvement from last season means we're slightly ahead of schedule.
    Apparently the issues have been worked out as Hurtig is now official. This should be the last add for this year.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Karsen Dorwart has been officially added for next year. The assumption is he replaces the Cole unsigned pick of Laker Aldridge. No official news on Victor Hurtig a big Swede dman who was reported by multiple sources as coming to MSU this year.

This probably is the best that Nights could do for this year as many of the incoming spots had already been filled by Cole. That said, this team certainly has enough talent to escape last place.
    I wonder if Hurtig is facing some admissions hurdles which wouldn't be surprising with an international recruit. That, or someone got some bad info either about the offer in general or the year he's arriving. My bet is on the former though, and hopefully any admissions issues are ironed out by early July.

However I still don't see where the scoring is coming from to escape the B1G basement. That having been said I have zero expectations for the upcoming season so any improvement from last season means we're slightly ahead of schedule.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Karsen Dorwart has been officially added for next year. The assumption is he replaces the Cole unsigned pick of Laker Aldridge. No official news on Victor Hurtig a big Swede dman who was reported by multiple sources as coming to MSU this year.

This probably is the best that Nights could do for this year as many of the incoming spots had already been filled by Cole. That said, this team certainly has enough talent to escape last place.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Non con dropped today. Not surprises except Long Island. Better not drop one of those for the new staff’s sake.
    “Get these dates into your calendar! Our non-conference schedule is now officially on the books!”

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Mike Towns (from Clarkson) is the new assistant coach. Nightingale has put together an excellent coaching staff.

also GLI is back (sans Michigan) at GR December 27-28 with Ferris, Western, and Tech
    Last edited by wsummers; 06-08-2022, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Add Viktor Hurtig for this year. A big Dman…makes 9 d at this time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X