Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post

Hmm could just be an error. If true, I would assume the staff is down on the current D-core in some way. Perhaps too offensively inept? Maybe a few of the guys just aren’t at a D1 level?

I Don’t much like such a move. Forwards often times do not skate backwards well enough to not be a liability when on D full time.
    Roster was corrected today to list Daniel Russell as a forward. Maybe someone actually reads these posts.

Comment

• Montreal has traded former Spartan Jeff Petry to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadien...ailynewsletter

Comment

• Ryan Nolan no longer on the website roster. TBD if it's just another case of Dan Russell administrative oversight/sloppiness by either prematurely adding him or inadvertently deleting him.

Comment

• Austin Baker and Lucas Van Vliet verbals today. They will be on the USDP U-17 team this year, so likely 2024 players, at the earliest. Nights is off to a good start.
          Last edited by wsummers; 08-01-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• here we go again trying so hard to get national team players just the wrong remedy.. Check out the past national champ rosters out of the NCHC

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
              here we go again trying so hard to get national team players just the wrong remedy.. Check out the past national champ rosters out of the NCHC
              Dude, just stop! We get it, you hate MSU hockey. But in response to your rebuttal, I'll name you the most recent past national champ: Denver has 2 former NTDP-ers: Sean Behrens and Jack Devine (not to mention former MSU commit Mazur played some games as well). BTW, Behrens was just named to the WJC preliminary roster so yeah, I think I'd rather have a player like him on my team.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Dude, just stop! We get it, you hate MSU hockey. But in response to your rebuttal, I'll name you the most recent past national champ: Denver has 2 former NTDP-ers: Sean Behrens and Jack Devine (not to mention former MSU commit Mazur played some games as well). BTW, Behrens was just named to the WJC preliminary roster so yeah, I think I'd rather have a player like him on my team.
                I totally agree. There are 3 Michigan kids on the U-17 team. 2 have committed to MSU and the third might also as his brother (St Cyr) will be a grad transfer this year. I’m not suggesting we should only recruit from the National team, however, I like that we are getting commitments from local players on the National team…something that hasn’t happened in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                  Austin Baker and Lucas Van Vliet verbals today. They will be on the USDP U-17 team this year, so likely 2024 players, at the earliest. Nights is off to a good start.
                  Though I'm overjoyed by getting commitments from blue-chippers, I've seen this story before. I really hope Nightingale can get them both past the finish line. (Late-stage Comley could get high-caliber kids to commit, but it always seemed like an uphill battle to get them to sign.)

I'll do a cartwheel once they both sign NLIs, though.
                  Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Add verbal from Mykhailo Danylov a small fast skating forward with offensive talent. Likely to arrive in 2023 or 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                      Ryan Nolan no longer on the website roster. TBD if it's just another case of Dan Russell administrative oversight/sloppiness by either prematurely adding him or inadvertently deleting him.
                      Well, Ryan Nolan is now back…must have had some issues that needed to be worked out.

Comment

• Christian Humphreys (NTDP 17 team) commits to MSU this morning. Will probably arrive in 2024 class.

Isaac Gordon (Humboldt Broncos) from Landmark, Manitoba also commits. Might be an older player in the same 2024 class.

Both look like good gets on paper.
                        Last edited by gomsuman; 08-16-2022, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Add Austin Oravetz a Dman with offensive skills committed today…likely 2023.

Comment

• MSU has picked up Trey Augustine, for next year. Trey was originally verbally committed to Michigan. He is a goaltender on the USDP U18 this year and played for Nights last year.

Also, rumors are there is likely to be another U18 player headed to East Lansing.
                            Last edited by wsummers; 09-07-2022, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                              MSU has picked up Trey Augustine, for next year. Trey was originally verbally committed to Michigan. He is a goaltender on the USDP U18 this year and played for Nights last year.

Also, rumors are there is likely to be another U18 player headed to East Lansing.
                              This is a BIG get.

He was down to BC and MSU after reopening his recruitment. Maybe a preview of coming attractions in the recruiting wars.

Comment

• Commitment updates:

Add 2005 A.J. Lacroix from BC. 40 points in 53 games for BCHL's Chilliwack Chiefs last season.

Add 2006 Riley Patterson from Ontario. Played for the Mississauga Sens last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X