Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul Goddard View Post

I agree but it's going to be a lot more difficult to get those Ontario/BCHL players then it was in the past! Even more so to sell them on giving up Major Juniors to go to an NCAA program (MSU) that hasn't been relevant in well over a decade!
    So don't even bother?

Brian Maloney has been the head coach at Chilliwack for 4 years and on the staff for 6, and he's still trying to figure out why no one from MSU has called him. Time to get those kind of relationships rebuilt.

Comment

• Just curious, was Damon Whitten a candidate? Wouldn't his resume be a bit more appealing than going back to the NTDP? Sure he hasn't had off the charts success but they did win the WCHA tournament last year and made the NCAAs.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Just curious, was Damon Whitten a candidate? Wouldn't his resume be a bit more appealing than going back to the NTDP? Sure he hasn't had off the charts success but they did win the WCHA tournament last year and made the NCAAs.
        Whitten's name was mentioned. I'm wondering if any candidates withdrew their interest after realizing what herculean task lays ahead of them (And wont be as well compensated as one would think) in regards to this rebuild. Damon Whitten better off staying in The Soo. :/

Comment

• Looks like Cornell goalie Nate McDonalad will no longer be transfering to MSU this fall. He said in a tweet, "Due to the recent developments with regards to Michigan State’s hockey program, I am reopening my recruitment. It is unfortunate the way the situation was handled, but I look forward to the future and to new opportunities."

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
            Looks like Cornell goalie Nate McDonalad will no longer be transfering to MSU this fall. He said in a tweet, "Due to the recent developments with regards to Michigan State’s hockey program, I am reopening my recruitment. It is unfortunate the way the situation was handled, but I look forward to the future and to new opportunities."
            Interesting and thanks for the development. I wonder if Nightingale will bring in Luca diPasquo who was ranked 15th for North American goalies in the final NHL Central Scouting list.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Interesting and thanks for the development. I wonder if Nightingale will bring in Luca diPasquo who was ranked 15th for North American goalies in the final NHL Central Scouting list.
              Looks like it will be Dylan St Cyr for next year replacing MacDonald. he has 1 covid year after 3 at Notre Dame and 1 at Q
              Last edited by wsummers; 05-12-2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Luca is no way ready for college hockey. needs 1-2 more years of junior hockey!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
                  Luca is no way ready for college hockey. needs 1-2 more years of junior hockey!!
                  Well whatever the circumstances, and I'm admittedly no evaluator of goalies, that's a nice first upgrade by Nightingale IMO. Going from a guy who's hardly backstopped an NCAA game to an experienced, albeit undersized, goalie will only improve the position. Though Charleson's probably not happy with the competition....

Comment

• St Cyr is now official along with Underwood.

https://msuspartans.com/news/2022/5/...r-2022-23.aspx
                    Last edited by wsummers; 05-14-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Well, the K twins are back for a 5th year. D and G are now set. We’ll see if there are any changes with the forwards.

All of the Spartans in the portal have now found new (or the same) homes for next year at Northern, UMass, North Dakota, and Long Island.

Nights is getting 470K and 5 year contract.
                      Last edited by wsummers; 05-18-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• A few new developments.

It looks like Griffin Loughran will be leaving.

Laker Aldridge and Zach Dubinsky are still expected, but haven’t been signed yet.

Miroslav Mucha entered the portal after May 1 and is appealing to the NCAA so he can transfer to MSU.

UPDATE: While I was posting this MSU announced the signings of Dubinski and Mucha.
                        Last edited by wsummers; 05-20-2022, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                          Well, the K twins are back for a 5th year. D and G are now set. We’ll see if there are any changes with the forwards.

All of the Spartans in the portal have now found new (or the same) homes for next year at Northern, UMass, North Dakota, and Long Island.

Nights is getting 470K and 5 year contract.
                          https://twitter.com/Emckown23/status...AKhC-HWpA&s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                            A few new developments.

It looks like Griffin Loughran will be leaving.

Laker Aldridge and Zach Dubinsky are still expected, but haven’t been signed yet.

Miroslav Mucha entered the portal after May 1 and is appealing to the NCAA so he can transfer to MSU.

UPDATE: While I was posting this MSU announced the signings of Dubinski and Mucha.
                            Better get NMU on the schedule, 5 of Mucha's 10 goals last season came against the Wildcats.

Not sure how this one worked logistically, since I understand you had to declare for the portal before May 1 and he isn't listed as coming into it until the 13th. If he's a grad student it would be much easier since LSSU has no grad level classes so you can make one of those Russell Wilson moves. One way or another he was the best player available in the portal at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Better get NMU on the schedule, 5 of Mucha's 10 goals last season came against the Wildcats.

Not sure how this one worked logistically, since I understand you had to declare for the portal before May 1 and he isn't listed as coming into it until the 13th. If he's a grad student it would be much easier since LSSU has no grad level classes so you can make one of those Russell Wilson moves. One way or another he was the best player available in the portal at that point.
                              He’s apparently saying that he was out of the country and unable to enter the portal in time. I have no idea how it works so I assume it’s not a fake excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post

He’s apparently saying that he was out of the country and unable to enter the portal in time. I have no idea how it works so I assume it’s not a fake excuse.
                                Apparently he had enough credits to graduate…so a grad transfer.

Comment

Working...
                                X