Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Incoming flight from St Cloud last night…Is Dave Shyiak a possibility?
    I don't ever remember MSU using Carto Flight as an air service provider before, and looking at the flight pattern this was not a passenger ferry. Highly doubtful on that alone.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...107Z/KSTC/KLAN

Comment

Incoming flight from St Cloud last night…Is Dave Shyiak a possibility?
      Holy hell, if all MSU can get is Dave Shyiak...

Are you sure it's not Larsen? Smiley face (but sorta serious)

Comment

• Red Wings just canned Blashill, wonder if he'd be in the mix
        "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
          Red Wings just canned Blashill, wonder if he'd be in the mix
          I'd do a cartwheel if MSU were to land Blashill. His year at Western was extremely impressive.

Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• So, it's probably Nightingale.
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
              Yes, I agree. Someone else would have been named by now.

Comment

• Everything I’m hearing from multiple sources is Nightingale will be announced this week as the new coach. While most in the MSU community are disappointed a big name wasn’t hired, this may turn out to be a good hire. First, there is no indication MSU was going to offer more than 350K. So any of the top names being floated around wasn’t going to happen. Second, the word is Adam has a much better reputation among his U-18 players than Cole had and that could result in an immediate surprise.

Comment

Everything I’m hearing from multiple sources is Nightingale will be announced this week as the new coach. While most in the MSU community are disappointed a big name wasn’t hired, this may turn out to be a good hire. First, there is no indication MSU was going to offer more than 350K. So any of the top names being floated around wasn’t going to happen. Second, the word is Adam has a much better reputation among his U-18 players than Cole had and that could result in an immediate surprise.
                  Everyone keeps bleating on and on about the NTDP players. That's not where you're going to rebuild this program. Southern Ontario and BC are where they need to reestablish Michigan State as a place to go. A couple three kids from the U-18s are a nice bonus but you're never going to get dominant numbers from there.

That being said, Adam has transformed the personality of the U-18s to finally inject a little grit. They're not the cake eater contact averse players of the recent past. It's a much more North American style ready player coming out, and that can only help. Let's hope he can do the same at the college level.

Comment

• CHN says Nightingale: https://twitter.com/chnews/status/15...xsports.com%2F

So MSU alumnus who coached the U18s. ... Didn't you just fire that resume?
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Well it’s official. Welcome aboard, Coach Nightingale.

Comment

Everything I’m hearing from multiple sources is Nightingale will be announced this week as the new coach. While most in the MSU community are disappointed a big name wasn’t hired, this may turn out to be a good hire. First, there is no indication MSU was going to offer more than 350K. So any of the top names being floated around wasn’t going to happen. Second, the word is Adam has a much better reputation among his U-18 players than Cole had and that could result in an immediate surprise.
                        Nightingale coached the U18s - who are all committed with the exception of Spicer - and even if his relationship extended to the U17s all but three of those players are already committed. Hiring a USNTDP coach due to his relationships with USNTDP players if a fools errand when 99% of the players are already committed and more than 50% of the program will turn over by the time he steps on campus...

He'll either recruit or he wont - and we'll find out - but its unlikely he'll flip his current players, so unless he can establish relationships on the recruiting trail with future classes (at the USNTDP and elsewhere), all his reputation with his current roster will result in is a few nice moments in the handshake lines over the next few seasons...
                        Last edited by Dan; 05-03-2022, 11:31 AM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          That being said, Adam has transformed the personality of the U-18s to finally inject a little grit. They're not the cake eater contact averse players of the recent past. It's a much more North American style ready player coming out, and that can only help. Let's hope he can do the same at the college level.
                          His U-18s were below .500 this year in the USHL.

I’m sure he’s a good guy, but it doesn’t even seem like he’s one of the better coaches at his current level.

There’s nothing else to do but hope for the best now. MSU, at this point, is a four-year rebuild. That’s a tough job for anyone, regardless of experience level.

66 - 86 - 07

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Nightingale coached the U18s - who are all committed with the exception of Spicer - and even if his relationship extended to the U17s all but three of those players are already committed. Hiring a USNTDP coach due to his relationships with USNTDP players if a fools errand when 99% of the players are already committed and more than 50% of the program will turn over by the time he steps on campus
                            Here are the ones I was referring to as possible surprises…
                            https://twitter.com/nathaniel_bott/s...PSYJjrGGQldVMQ

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                              His U-18s were below .500 this year in the USHL.

I’m sure he’s a good guy, but it doesn’t even seem like he’s one of the better coaches at his current level.

There’s nothing else to do but hope for the best now. MSU, at this point, is a four-year rebuild. That’s a tough job for anyone, regardless of experience level.

They're also playing against a lot of 20 year-olds, and have a roster that rotates in and out with other commitments. Winning is somewhat unlikely for that team. Development is what matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Everyone keeps bleating on and on about the NTDP players. That's not where you're going to rebuild this program. Southern Ontario and BC are where they need to reestablish Michigan State as a place to go. A couple three kids from the U-18s are a nice bonus but you're never going to get dominant numbers from there.

I agree but it's going to be a lot more difficult to get those Ontario/BCHL players then it was in the past! Even more so to sell them on giving up Major Juniors to go to an NCAA program (MSU) that hasn't been relevant in well over a decade!

Comment

Working...
                                X