Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Fair enough. I'm coming at this as an outsider so I didn't know the background there.
    Excellent point(s) on your part and Jeff Jackson would have been an excellent fit for MSU even as recently as 2011 when school was shopping for a new coach. But I'm not even sure Jackson has the energy and or patience (He's 66!) needed for what is now going to be a complete rebuild......

Comment

• Jackson HC, Nightingale associate HC...I know, I know...not happening

Comment

• Does MSU go north of $400?.. if so, I would then go after Casey Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Notoscar View Post
          Does MSU go north of $400?.. if so, I would then go after Casey Jones
          Whatever Cole was making ($325-ish?) will probably be what the new guy will be making.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
            Day after Cole is fired the other Cole withdraws from portal and announces he’ll return for a 5th year. Will his brother also return?
            At the banquet last night Christian Krygier said he is willing to return for a 5th year if the new coach wants him.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post

At the banquet last night Christian Krygier said he is willing to return for a 5th year if the new coach wants him.
              Pretty certain, whomever takes this job, would welcome whatever experience they can get unless another coach from another school comes in and blows it all up and brings in as many of “his” players as/if allowed.

And who knows, maybe new coach will hire Todd Krygier as an assistant? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Notoscar View Post
                Does MSU go north of $400?.. if so, I would then go after Casey Jones
                If Casey leaves Clarkson, it will be for Cornell.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Goddard View Post

Pretty certain, whomever takes this job, would welcome whatever experience they can get unless another coach from another school comes in and blows it all up and brings in as many of “his” players as/if allowed.

And who knows, maybe new coach will hire Todd Krygier as an assistant? Lol
                  This. I’m no fan of the Krygier twins. However, given Cole’s abysmal recruiting record the new coach is going to have major personnel challenges in Season 1 (assuming, as you said, he doesn’t bring with him a bevy of players/recruits). At that point he’d welcome any short-term experienced skaters he can get. The blow-up will more than likely happen after Season 1, when he can make cuts and attract his own style of players. But please, no BC/Marty McInnis style AC hires!

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

This. I’m no fan of the Krygier twins. However, given Cole’s abysmal recruiting record the new coach is going to have major personnel challenges in Season 1 (assuming, as you said, he doesn’t bring with him a bevy of players/recruits). At that point he’d welcome any short-term experienced skaters he can get. The blow-up will more than likely happen after Season 1, when he can make cuts and attract his own style of players. But please, no BC/Marty McInnis style AC hires!
                    McInnis was a volunteer assistant and I don't believe those guys can even recruit anyway. Seems like a random guy to mention.

Comment

McInnis was a volunteer assistant and I don't believe those guys can even recruit anyway. Seems like a random guy to mention.
                      The comment wasn't made in reference to recruiting, it was made in reference to a coach potentially having influence over his son's playing career. I think some BC fans would back me up on this one. But if it's a random comment, so be it.

Comment

• Actually Todd Krygier would be an excellent choice

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                          The comment wasn't made in reference to recruiting, it was made in reference to a coach potentially having influence over his son's playing career. I think some BC fans would back me up on this one. But if it's a random comment, so be it.
                          Maybe, I'm just curious what your connection is to this particular scenario. Like if you were close to someone who should have been playing over McInnis. But in any event, better for the BC thread.

Comment

Maybe, I'm just curious what your connection is to this particular scenario. Like if you were close to someone who should have been playing over McInnis. But in any event, better for the BC thread.
                            Thanks, thread police! I'll keep that in mind next time.

Comment

• I wonder how long this will take. I have heard absolutely nothing other than fan speculation.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pirateasaur;n3733147]I wonder how long this will take. I have heard absolutely nothing other than fan speculation.[/QUOT

Probably just either finalizing payout details to <insert Minnesota State, Lake State, WMU etc. here> or waiting for certain NHL or USHL teams season(s) to end.

My money is that we’ll hear something within next 10-14 days. (Speculation express!)

Comment

Working...
                                X