No announcement yet.

Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Laker Aldridge as the final forward. Laker’s brother Gunner is on the MSU baseball team. His father Keith was a good Lake State dman.

Nodler goes to UMASS.

still to be announced - probably 2 dmen and a goalie. New assistant coach will be announced sometime after the 19th.
    Last edited by wsummers; 04-08-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
      Add Laker Aldridge as the final forward.
      He plays on the same team as Di Pasquo, for what it's worth.

Some decent seasons against NAHL competition. He'll be a 21-year-old freshman when he gets here.

Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Add Nate McDonald, goalie transfer from Cornell. Luca will get another year in USHL.

Gallacher heading to Northern Michigan.

Comment

• Looks like the GLI will be reborn in 2022. And there will be one conspicuous absence from the field of four teams.

Comment

• Michigan, I assume?
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Cole out as coach…

https://msuspartans.com/news/2022/4/...eadership.aspx

Comment

• https://***********/chrissolari/stat...xsports.com%2F
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• So overdue...

Comment

• Wow! I am shocked our AD pulled the trigger. Let’s hope he’s got far more of a plan than Hollis ever did.

Comment

• This is bizarre timing. Cole was at the academic gala Monday night with the players, and the banquet is Wednesday night. Somehow he's out on Tuesday afternoon.

And the most amazing thing is that nothing leaked, as is what usually happens at MSU. That would highly suggest this is a unilateral move by Alan Haller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                        Wow! I am shocked our AD pulled the trigger. Let’s hope he’s got far more of a plan than Hollis ever did.
                        I'm a bit shocked by the timing, given that our season ended weeks ago. Regardless, this is the correct decision. Haller should be applauded for making it.

This is a sad day. Personally, I like Danton. I also think he still has the ability to be a good coach somewhere. That said, this program is in a really bad spot right now and he's responsible for that. MSU is not competitive. There's a real possibility that we're losing 30 games next season. He had to go.

I'm hoping we consider candidates outside the MSU bubble. I think an outside perspective would be helpful and healthy right now. Anastos and Cole were branches from the Mason coaching tree. Ron was great, but that was heyday was decades ago. Modern-day college hockey is a dramatically different sport and MSU needs to make a hire that accounts for that. It's dangerous for MSU to continue living in the '80s, '90s and early '00s. You can overdose on nostalgia.
                        66 - 86 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

• They were hosting a recruit this morning, and the postseason banquet is tomorrow night. So you have to assume one of three scenarios:

A) There was a major NCAA violation that necessitated an immediate move
                          B) Someone is already lined up to take the job
                          C) Alan Haller has zero sense of timing

I highly doubt A.
                          B would be a big surprise, but eventually we'll find that out.
                          The smart money is on C.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            They were hosting a recruit this morning, and the postseason banquet is tomorrow night. So you have to assume one of three scenarios:

A) There was a major NCAA violation that necessitated an immediate move
                            B) Someone is already lined up to take the job
                            C) Alan Haller has zero sense of timing

I highly doubt A.
                            B would be a big surprise, but eventually we'll find that out.
                            The smart money is on C.
                            Maybe plunk some chips down on B.
                            66 - 86 - 07

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                              Ooo I hope not. We just drove down that road for 5 years. I really hope we pull a proven D1 coach from somewhere.

The obvious name being thrown around is Mike Hastings but I can’t imagine a likely modest increase in salary would be worth possibly imploding your career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post

Ooo I hope not. We just drove down that road for 5 years. I really hope we pull a proven D1 coach from somewhere.
                                It's worth noting that Nightingale's U-18s are .500 this year in the USHL. (They sure beat us, though.)

I mean, I'm sure he's a fine coach, I just don't know if it's wise to take a NTDP guy immediately after letting another NTDP guy go.

That said, I wouldn't be against calling up the coach of the Lumberjacks, or the Steel, or any other up-and-comer from the USHL that I don't know about.
                                Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 04-12-2022, 06:22 PM.
                                66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Working...
                                X