No announcement yet.

Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last series before the break at ND. A split would be a good way to cap off a solid half of the season. I never feel good about playing ND, though. It almost certainly can’t be the case but if you told me MSU has never beaten the Irish since the B1G started I would not be confident that was incorrect.

Update: ok, I got curious and checked. We have beaten the Irish several times, including once last year. There was one year, 2018, we went 0-6. Clearly it left an impression.
    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 12-10-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      Last series before the break at ND. A split would be a good way to cap off a solid half of the season. I never feel good about playing ND, though. It almost certainly can’t be the case but if you told me MSU has never beaten the Irish since the B1G started I would not be confident that was incorrect.

Update: ok, I got curious and checked. We have beaten the Irish several times, including once last year. There was one year, 2018, we went 0-6. Clearly it left an impression.
      This team would do VERY well to split each of its remaining series the rest of the way. I'm not holding my breath, but that would be great progress. Let's see how they look tonight/tomorrow vs. ND - I see the games are being broadcast on NBCSN.

Comment

• Well, we got our wish, albeit by the skin of our teeth. ND is nails but we hung in there well enough. A good first half for the team and probably our best start in years. That 20 win mark still feels miles away with our remaining schedule, though.

I just noticed that last night technically goes down as a tie? The first OT? That sucks.
        Last edited by Pirateasaur; 12-12-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Verbal from Christian Kim, a California forward. He has put up big numbers on his AAA junior team. Probably at least 2 years away from landing at MSU.

Comment

• A 2022-23 commitment from an OA F out of the NAHL:

https://twitter.com/ep_transfers/sta...C9nca4zJQpAAAA

I've seen that show before when Cole came on board. Color me unimpressed.

Comment

• Whelp, once again the month of January has become our Waterloo.

Comment

Whelp, once again the month of January has become our Waterloo.
                Aside from the goaltending, this team is really, really, really bad without Loughran and Mitch.
                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Whelp, once again the month of January has become our Waterloo.
                  Right? Why does it seem the program is back in the same place every 5-7 years? Staring into the dark valley of 2022-23, and the abyss that is recruiting.

Comment

• Hard to believe that going into Christmas break that this team would make a run at the MSU losing streak record immediately upon starting 2022.

Comment

Hard to believe that going into Christmas break that this team would make a run at the MSU losing streak record immediately upon starting 2022.
                      It's a January-February thing. I guess Lewandowski and Loughran were more than just the glue for a superficially decent late-fall/early-winter team.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post

It's a January-February thing. I guess Lewandowski and Loughran were more than just the glue for a superficially decent late-fall/early-winter team.
                        I wouldn't say it was superficial. With those two healthy, MSU was actually decent. The team is still playing hard, but Lewandowski was the kind of guy that made everyone else on the ice play better.

It certainly makes you wonder about what next season's going to be like.
                        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                        66 - 86 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Convince me to blow $900 for three season tickets for 2022-23. The perfect analogy to 2021-22 is a solid cannoli pastry dough with a soft creamy center exposed. That's a blowout series won by a team that was down what? 4 players who were Beijing?
                          Last edited by owslachief; 02-12-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            Convince me to blow $900 for three season tickets for 2022-23. The perfect analogy to 2021-22 is a solid cannoli pastry dough with a soft creamy center exposed. That's a blowout series won by a team that was down what? 4 players who were Beijing?
                            Personally I always thought the early OOC schedule wins were smoke and mirrors. I'm too lazy to do the math in hindsight, but feel free to quickly peruse the PW of most of the early vanquished teams. The bottom line is that we can't compete in the B1G and, until we can do that, I'm staying on the sidelines since I feel like a broken record by rehashing the same observations.

Comment

• If you were expecting a boost from Loughran getting back in the lineup, forget it. Apparently he didn't think it was important to go to class last fall, so I'm told he is no longer with the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                If you were expecting a boost from Loughran getting back in the lineup, forget it. Apparently he didn't think it was important to go to class last fall, so I'm told he is no longer with the program.
                                Thanks for the intel, John J. I wondered why Cole never mentioned any injury to Loughran during any of his press conferences, so I was going to ask if anyone on the forum knew the back story, but never got around to it. I had always thought Cole would have a hard time reeling him in as far as penalties, so this development doesn't surprise me in the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X