Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

He is not a graduate, so would not be considered a grad transfer.
    In that case, I suspect Michael Regush is the grad transfer and Loughran added as the last forward instead of bringing up someone in the queue who would likely have seen little playing time. Loughran is an interesting add as he will score double digit goals (badly needed), but also lots of penalty minutes to be skated off unless Cole can get him to play with more self control.

Comment

• College Hockey News is listing Loughran as a grad transfer. I wasn't aware that he graduated, haven't seen any confirmation of that. He is not listed as a candidate for graduation on the NMU commencement website. He has been scrubbed from the Wildcat hockey roster.
      Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 05-07-2021, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post

Loughran is an interesting add as he will score double digit goals (badly needed), but also lots of penalty minutes to be skated off unless Cole can get him to play with more self control.
        Ahhh, coaches and their delusional "I think I can get through to this guy" thinking! Loughran had 93 PIMs in 32 games in the NAHL, 118 in 50 games under Cary Eades in the USHL (He did "play with more self-control" in the playoffs that year, picking up "only" 14 PIMs in 13 games), then 72 and 93 in his first 2 years under Potulny at NMU, before cutting down to 38 last year, because he only played in 16 games (And according to the statement he posted, he's not going to answer questions as to why he only played in 16 games). So he's averaged 2 to 3 PIMs a game now for 5 years running, under 3 different coaches, and Cole is going to get him to play with more self control? Well, good luck with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

Ahhh, coaches and their delusional "I think I can get through to this guy" thinking! Loughran had 93 PIMs in 32 games in the NAHL, 118 in 50 games under Cary Eades in the USHL (He did "play with more self-control" in the playoffs that year, picking up "only" 14 PIMs in 13 games), then 72 and 93 in his first 2 years under Potulny at NMU, before cutting down to 38 last year, because he only played in 16 games (And according to the statement he posted, he's not going to answer questions as to why he only played in 16 games). So he's averaged 2 to 3 PIMs a game now for 5 years running, under 3 different coaches, and Cole is going to get him to play with more self control? Well, good luck with that.
          I tend to agree with you, Purple (my favorite color!). I think this is a desperation add by Cole after seeing the cream of the transfer portal evaporate away before he/his staff could take any meaningful action. As the saying goes, time will tell but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Comment

In that case, I suspect Michael Regush is the grad transfer and Loughran added as the last forward instead of bringing up someone in the queue who would likely have seen little playing time. Loughran is an interesting add as he will score double digit goals (badly needed), but also lots of penalty minutes to be skated off unless Cole can get him to play with more self control.
            Michael Regush is headed to Miami…so looks like Loughran is the only one from the portal coming to MSU.

Comment

• MSU adding 2nd player from portal in Chris Berger from Brown. He would probably be the grad we heard about. Injured after 9 games during his junior year and last year the Ivies didn’t play, so he would have had 4 years at Brown.
              https://msuspartans.com/news/2021/6/...r-2021-22.aspx
              Last edited by wsummers; 06-01-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

MSU adding 2nd player from portal in Chris Berger from Brown. He would probably be the grad we heard about. Injured after 9 games during his junior year and last year the Ivies didn’t play, so he would have had 4 years at Brown.
                https://msuspartans.com/news/2021/6/...r-2021-22.aspx
                An Ivy transfer comes a bit out of left field, but I'll take him! Better than rushing a half a point player from the USHL who, IMO, isn't quite ready.

While it sounds like the incoming class is set, I wonder if Cole's time at the NTDP coincided with FLA's Randy Hernandez who just got the rug pulled out from under him at Robert Morris. While I wouldn't normally consider a transfer out of Atlantic Hockey, he was the conference's ROY and knowing he has seen his share of adversity, I pull for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

An Ivy transfer comes a bit out of left field, but I'll take him! Better than rushing a half a point player from the USHL who, IMO, isn't quite ready.

While it sounds like the incoming class is set, I wonder if Cole's time at the NTDP coincided with FLA's Randy Hernandez who just got the rug pulled out from under him at Robert Morris. While I wouldn't normally consider a transfer out of Atlantic Hockey, he was the conference's ROY and knowing he has seen his share of adversity, I pull for him.
                  While I would welcome Randy Hernandez, the problem with RMU announcing the cancellation of hockey so late is that most (maybe all) schools have already used all of their scholarships. He likely has the choice of either playing elsewhere for a year without a hockey scholarship or stay at RMU and transfer in 2022 or if Atlantic invites UAH transfer there. Basically, the school screwed the players by announcing so late.
                  Last edited by wsummers; 06-01-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Well, the ice is in at Munn and still no official schedule. We do know most of the non-conference.
                    October 8-9 Air Force, 15-16 Miami, 22-23 @ UMass Lowell, November 12-13 Ferris home and away. Add to this a Canadian school and USNDT and Great Lakes Invitational plus of course 24 conference games. Non-conference is not a difficult schedule…an opportunity to get off to a good start.

Comment

• WILX ran a couple of hockey stories today. In one they said MSU opens against Wisconsin. I assume they meant to open the Big 10 season as they play Air Force during the first full weekend. I expect schedule to be released this week.

Comment

• Bought my season tickets today without a published schedule.

ST - Spartan Hockey Season Ticket ================================================== ===================== GAME 1 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 01 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 2 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 02 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 3 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 03 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 4 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 04 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 5 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 05 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 6 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 06 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 7 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 07 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 8 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 08 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA

Comment

• each time i heard how tons disappointment the king will be, it changed into like a river of spring water flowing eastward. one would think of li yu
                          page rank booster

Comment

Bought my season tickets today without a published schedule.

ST - Spartan Hockey Season Ticket ================================================== ===================== GAME 1 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 01 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 2 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 02 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 3 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 03 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 4 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 04 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 5 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 05 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 6 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 06 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 7 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 07 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA GAME 8 @ Spartan Hockey NOV 08 2021 at TBA MUNN ARENA
                            Hey, game 6 against [insert team here] looks fun.

I look forward to rejoining section W once the all-Saturday package goes on sale.

Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                            66 - 86 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                              Hey, game 6 against [insert team here] looks fun.

I look forward to rejoining section W once the all-Saturday package goes on sale.
                              By then there might actually be a published conference schedule. I will be gone for two weeks and hoping they aren’t at home one or both of those weeks.

I biked past Munn last week and the boys were practicing on the ice, but more importantly there were workers in the new addition.

Comment

• According to a marketing email from USA Hockey Arena, we're playing U-18s in Plymouth on October 2nd.
                                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                                66 - 86 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X