No announcement yet.

Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Miller is reportedly heading to Northeastern for his 5th year.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
      Tommy Miller is reportedly heading to Northeastern for his 5th year.
      This was reported a few days ago by the unofficial "Northeastern Hockey Blog" https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/r...-northeastern/

Still no official confirmation.

Miller would apparently be a transfer portal plug-in replacement for Mike Kesselring, who left after two seasons for the bright lights of Edmonton (or wherever its affiliates are located).
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Nice summary of where we're at.

Big DRW draft pick Jack Adams is apparently now healthy and in the portal, so he replaces Casey Gilling on my wish list:

https://***********/SchlossmanGF/sta...52913291091968
        Cross him off your wishlist...going to South Bend.

Non-conference schedule looks to be Miami, Air Force, Ferris (h&h), GLI, and probably Colorado College, U-18, and a Canadian college.

Comment

Cross him off your wishlist...going to South Bend.

Non-conference schedule looks to be Miami, Air Force, Ferris (h&h), GLI, and probably Colorado College, U-18, and a Canadian college.
          Funny you should mention Adams' Notre Dame destination, as I noticed that last evening and came on here wondering if anyone had any other recruiting news to share. Odd that all these transfer portal destinations are being announced yet radio silence from EL..... sigh.... I imagine lots of guys still in the portal will be finding homes in D3.

Comment

• No info, but the fact Cameron Wright is still on the board and would be a 5th year grad transfer makes him a possible candidate.

Comment

No info, but the fact Cameron Wright is still on the board and would be a 5th year grad transfer makes him a possible candidate.
              Wright is the best F stat-wise left on the portal tracker I've seen, and there are a handful of others who may qualify. Still, I'm not going to hold my breath or I'll asphyxiate myself.

Comment

Wright is the best F stat-wise left on the portal tracker I've seen, and there are a handful of others who may qualify. Still, I'm not going to hold my breath or I'll asphyxiate myself.
                Wright apparently off the board and to Denver, no surprise there as it's a much better program:

https://***********/SchlossmanGF/sta...86882090188806

Comment

• In looking at who is left in the portal in trying to ID the mystery grad transfer....assuming it is a forward likely to score 10 goals a couple of names seem most likely candidates.

If it is a player looking for a 5th year then Nick Prkusic is possible. 2 time captain at Robert Morris from Brooks Bandits.

If it is someone who may have graduated in 3 years then Pierre-Luc Veillette is possible.

Beyond these two I guess Sternschein or Gresock or Loughran can’t be eliminated, although unlikely. Griffin Loughran has scoring potential, but also a disruptive force with lots of penalty minutes. Anyone else I missed?
                  Last edited by wsummers; 04-24-2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

In looking at who is left in the portal in trying to ID the mystery grad transfer....assuming it is a forward likely to score 10 goals a couple of names seem most likely candidates.

If it is a player looking for a 5th year then Nick Prkusic is possible. 2 time captain at Robert Morris from Brooks Bandits.

If it is someone who may have graduated in 3 years then Pierre-Luc Veillette is possible.

Beyond these two I guess Sternschein or Gresock or Loughran can’t be eliminated, although unlikely. Griffin Loughran has scoring potential, but also a disruptive force with lots of penalty minutes. Anyone else I missed?
                    It appears you're seeing what I'm seeing available in the transfer portal. I could add some names to your list but personally wouldn't recommend guys from weak leagues with all due respect to the AHA, or struggling programs. I'm relucant to speculate further since my track record has been so poor, but since my hubby tells me I just can't help myself, another transfer who might not necessarily be a grad is Michael Regush from Cornell. Lots of goals and a winning program to boot.

Finally, unrelated to the portal, I just noticed from Heisenberg that goalie Jack Williams is no longer committed so we'll be in the market for a G recruit. Hard to determine since Waterloo of the USHL guards their line charts with their lives, but I trust Heisenberg's sources.

Comment

It appears you're seeing what I'm seeing available in the transfer portal. I could add some names to your list but personally wouldn't recommend guys from weak leagues with all due respect to the AHA, or struggling programs. I'm relucant to speculate further since my track record has been so poor, but since my hubby tells me I just can't help myself, another transfer who might not necessarily be a grad is Michael Regush from Cornell. Lots of goals and a winning program to boot.

Finally, unrelated to the portal, I just noticed from Heisenberg that goalie Jack Williams is no longer committed so we'll be in the market for a G recruit. Hard to determine since Waterloo of the USHL guards their line charts with their lives, but I trust Heisenberg's sources.
                      I had overlooked Regush since he’s only played two years. With the Ivies not playing this year he has two years of eligibility and could possibly graduate early. He would be an excellent pickup. Looks to be a business major, so would be a good fit for a Broad MBA.

As far as Williams, I’m not sure if MSU decided to pass or he didn’t want to wait until there is a spot in 2022 when MSU will have an opening.

I still expect Russell to be added to this class. The others will likely be told to stay in the USHL another year.

Here’s hoping for answers soon.

Comment

I had overlooked Regush since he’s only played two years. With the Ivies not playing this year he has two years of eligibility and could possibly graduate early. He would be an excellent pickup. Looks to be a business major, so would be a good fit for a Broad MBA.

As far as Williams, I’m not sure if MSU decided to pass or he didn’t want to wait until there is a spot in 2022 when MSU will have an opening.

I still expect Russell to be added to this class. The others will likely be told to stay in the USHL another year.

Here’s hoping for answers soon.
                        Of the F trio of Russell, Wallace and Shoudy, I suppose Russell is the most ready. But the fact that he hasn't been announced at this relatively late date tells me otherwise, not to mention a variety of other reasons. As you say, time will tell.

Comment

• Been reading up on Regush. He did accelerate to graduate this year. He is in transfer portal because Ivies don’t allow grad students to play. So, certainly a good possibility.

Assuming MSU doesn’t take another from the portal, they have room for another forward. Russell seems the most ready.

I’m still unsure if Cesana will be back. He is quoted as saying he is planning to, but there was that kiss of the ice with the seniors. If he (or a K twin) jumps I would expect Feenstra to be added this year.

As far as lack of an announcement...My guess is there is still some uncertainty about a player.

Comment

In looking at who is left in the portal in trying to ID the mystery grad transfer....assuming it is a forward likely to score 10 goals a couple of names seem most likely candidates.

We have a winner! I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Loughran is staying relatively local:

https://***********/Wildcat_Dave/sta...89154042359810

He'll fit right in with the Krygier twins.

Comment

We have a winner! I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Loughran is staying relatively local:

https://***********/Wildcat_Dave/sta...89154042359810

He'll fit right in with the Krygier twins.
                              I wonder if he is the grad transfer or if there is another from the portal on the way.

Comment

I wonder if he is the grad transfer or if there is another from the portal on the way.
                                He is not a graduate, so would not be considered a grad transfer.

Comment

Working...
                                X