No announcement yet.

Michigan State Hockey 202?-202?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New commit. Finnish '02 F who's currently playing for Sioux City in the USHL:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/trans...e-univ./436460

Comment

I'm starting to believe a bit more after last night. It was pretty cool to take the game back in overtime after giving up the tying goal in the last bit of regulation.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

The radio broadcasts are no longer behind a paywall. You can get the new app from the usual places and it's all free. Also, WJIM-AM now has an FM translator in Lansing at 106.9 with a drastic improvement in signal quality.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
          I'm starting to believe a bit more after last night. It was pretty cool to take the game back in overtime after giving up the tying goal in the last bit of regulation.
          Defense+ goaltending has been consistent and we’ve thoroughly outshot our opponent in the previous two games. Goal #’s still sluggish but it feels like progress.

Comment

I could only watch the first 2 periods last night but it looked like Minnesota was just straight up better than us. We knew they would be tough but I’m hoping to see a better performance tonight.

Comment

With Flohockey losing BTN+ and pretty much every streaming service dropping the FS networks, it's getting increasingly hard to get a Big Ten hockey game to watch.

Comment

Well, disappointing weekend. I thought we played well enough to win the last 2 periods. If we’d have managed more of that all weekend we might have gotten some points.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                  Well, disappointing weekend. I thought we played well enough to win the last 2 periods. If we’d have managed more of that all weekend we might have gotten some points.
                  Quite honestly I thought your Spartans had the better of the play in periods 2 and especially 3 last night. Lots of scoring chances that on a different night would have gone in. Good luck the rest of the way.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                    New commit. Finnish '02 F who's currently playing for Sioux City in the USHL:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/trans...e-univ./436460
                    More from Neutral Zone scouting service:

’02 Joel Maatta to Michigan State for 2021

A 6-foot-2 forward from Finland, Maatta lands a commitment to Michigan State after coming to North America last season to play for the Sioux City Musketeers. He acclimated to the U.S. well, scoring 11 goals and 14 assists in 43 games last season while also playing for Finland’s U18 team at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup and the U18 Worlds.

NZ Scouts: “The big center plays a hard-nosed game, and has a knack for the net. He used his size and strength well, protecting pucks on entries and on the wall, as well as finishing checks following chip-ins. His goal came on a net-front rebound from a point shot, following a great shift with a won draw and battle on the forecheck. He worked hard to win pucks offensively, grinding on the cycle. Also worked hard defensively as the down low guy, and had a blocked shot.”

No points and a -3 in 4 games thus far this season, so a slow start to say the least. It remains to be seen if Cole is upping our F game with this one.

Comment

COVID-19 has scrapped the Wisconsin series. There was a new positive case on their end.

Danton said on his radio show that it'll likely be rescheduled for the second half of the season.
                      66 - 86 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

I, for one, thought that Tommy Miller goal was pretty great.
                        66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                          I, for one, thought that Tommy Miller goal was pretty great.
                          I agree.

Comment

Good defense, now if they can find more offense and a powerplay....and nice to see Miller’s play.

Not sure if I’ve ever seen a team fall down every time they were touched like ND. Either they aren’t very strong or like diving.

Comment

Hope everyone’s holidays went well and were safe. In a year full of missing old ways and events I am just now getting pangs of Showcase nostalgia but for back when all the games were on TV. I always looked forward to watching the games up north at my grandma’s.

Comment

So, I decided to take a road trip to see the renovations today. Really cool stuff. Sure hope we can get the interior finished before the start of next season.

66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Working...
                                X